Author Topic: Where to stand in GA if short?  (Read 910 times)

Offline BalconyTV

• Numb
Where to stand in GA if short?
« on: June 25, 2017, 09:33:35 PM »
Will be attention the show on the 29th. I am a little worried because my friend is a bit short.

Will he be able to see anything?

Where is best to stand?

Offline Kmama07

• Running to Stand Still
  • She is everywhere and no place
Re: Where to stand in GA if short?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2017, 05:14:59 AM »
I brought my 10 year old to Chicago. We were in GA. Rather than cram ourselves into the front or on a rail, we hung back on the floor adjacent to the mixer. We angled ourselves a bit as there are some cameras/lighting stuff on the floor, but we had full view of the stages and the screen . When we wanted to roam around a bit we were able to get close without annoying anyone.  I actually liked hanging back on the floor for a few reasons: ( oh, my kid is 4'7, just to give you perspective):
1) if you are right up on the main stage, it is very high and you are craning your. Neck upwards the entire time
2) no one shoving you around and/or sticking their phones in your face so you can't watch actual show rather than the show via their oh one screen
3) freedom to really dance around without annoying anyone
4) great view of full screen
5) And in my case, because I had my child with me,  I was much more comfortable knowing in case of bathroom or any other emergency, I could get him In/out quickly and safely if need be

Offline d.darroch

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2017, 06:43:56 AM »
How long do you want to stay in line? I'm short & am always happy to spend a ridiculous amount of time in line to ensure I have a great view. So if you're prepared to be in the few people, lining up all day (& maybe checking in days in advance) I'd say aim for the top of the tree (b-stage). If you're in the first hundred you'll get a good rail spot on either the b-stage or main stage.

If you're not prepared to do this, the place I've been recommending for shorter people & people with kids is the RAIL BEHIND THE RED ZONE. Here's a pic, & a thread discussing this spot,
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 06:45:57 AM by d.darroch »

Offline McSwilly

• Refugee
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2017, 09:38:23 PM »
the further back the easier to see and less crowded.

Offline coleloco

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2017, 06:21:05 PM »
How long do you want to stay in line? I'm short & am always happy to spend a ridiculous amount of time in line to ensure I have a great view. So if you're prepared to be in the few people, lining up all day (& maybe checking in days in advance) I'd say aim for the top of the tree (b-stage). If you're in the first hundred you'll get a good rail spot on either the b-stage or main stage.

If you're not prepared to do this, the place I've been recommending for shorter people & people with kids is the RAIL BEHIND THE RED ZONE. Here's a pic, & a thread discussing this spot,

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I second this! Not cramped at all, and you get a clear view of the screen and close-ups with the band at the tree stage. I was able to get this spot by showing up just 30 minutes before the doors opened in Chicago, so it's not at all necessary to camp all day in line.