Author Topic: Foxboro GA experience  (Read 4991 times)

monopoly

Re: Foxboro GA experience
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2017, 02:40:23 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Many people who bash the fan numbers just miss the point. Like someone wrote above even Craig Evans supported those fans. He was yelling at local security!

And please stop calling anybody "line nazis"! Do you know that millions were killed by nazis? Stop it!

I was pointing out how ridiculous it was for them to go into his personal facebook, his personal account he uses for family and friends. Which was wrong of any of them to suggest. Him coming out was more about the security issue and 18 lines..

Offline aviastar

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Feel like trash...you make me feel clean
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2017, 02:42:51 PM »
I've been a U2 fan for years and never even encountered this line issue.  Even the earliest I went to a show - 9 hours before start time - to get in GA line at Busch Stadium, Saint Louis in 2009 - I got marked at ~#450 or so which entitled me to a great view in the inner circle of the 360 stage.  Other times I have been GA I show up an hour or two before the show.  I wasn't even aware they were doling out line numbers unofficially.

I guess I learn something new everyday.

Offline dwaltman

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2017, 02:44:11 PM »
Maybe along with a ticket you can a randomly numbered wristband for the # of tickets in your party and if you want to line up by that number from 2-3pm on the day of the show and stay in line....go for it.  If not, don't show and just come when the gates open or later.  Might be tough to meet and join friends in line but it would be better than what's going on now.

monopoly

« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2017, 02:46:48 PM »
Many people who bash the fan numbers just miss the point. Like someone wrote above even Craig Evans supported those fans. He was yelling at local security!

And please stop calling anybody "line nazis"! Do you know that millions were killed by nazis? Stop it!

What makes your list better than mine? Because you've been #1 for the past 20 concerts? Well then I can argue since it's my first time being 1st I'm more deserving of the number. This is the issue with a self appointed line. U2 needs to step in, set rules, and an official system where a fan does not have control

If u2 did this, I wouldn't have an issue with the list system. Because it would be the official way and it would be known to all ticket buyers. It would have proper guidelines and procedure. It's not hard, it's as simple as having an employee camp around per each venue and take the names down instead of a fan.

Offline opening night

• Stateless
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2017, 02:48:38 PM »
The people who run the GA line often do well. I mean do you guys remember queuing in the 80s? The system is by far not perfect and I do criticize it BUT in the and it works. It's first come first served - and that's what counts.

Just an example from one city on  ieTour: when GA line started we were looking for 10 fans who would run the line in shifts during the night. As a reward they got GA numbers 1-10. everybody was welcome.

Offline Saint1322

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2017, 02:49:27 PM »

What makes your list better than mine? Because you've been #1 for the past 20 concerts? Well then I can argue since it's my first time being 1st I'm more deserving of the number. This is the issue with a self appointed line. U2 needs to step in, set rules, and an official system where a fan does not have control

If u2 did this, I wouldn't have an issue with the list system. Because it would be the official way and it would be known to all ticket buyers. It would have proper guidelines and procedure. It's not hard, it's as simple as having an employee camp around per each venue and take the names down instead of a fan.

Sorry; line starts with me. I called it. My line CLEARLY is better than your line. I think slot #2 is available for Atlanta and Nashville next time. :)

Offline trevgreg

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2017, 02:49:42 PM »

Not passing judgment on your opinion here (as it's been brought up on forums before), but if there was a person last night who suggested the Manchester bombing as a good reason for the line, then it might be a two-way street for not bringing tragedy into less trivial matters like who's first in a line for a show.

Offline Saint1322

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2017, 02:50:30 PM »
I've been a U2 fan for years and never even encountered this line issue.  Even the earliest I went to a show - 9 hours before start time - to get in GA line at Busch Stadium, Saint Louis in 2009 - I got marked at ~#450 or so which entitled me to a great view in the inner circle of the 360 stage.  Other times I have been GA I show up an hour or two before the show.  I wasn't even aware they were doling out line numbers unofficially.

I guess I learn something new everyday.

I think this is a relatively new thing. I've never encountered it either, and I hope I don't, because I am not going to cooperate.

Offline Saint1322

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2017, 02:52:16 PM »

Not passing judgment on your opinion here (as it's been brought up on forums before), but if there was a person last night who suggested the Manchester bombing as a good reason for the line, then it might be a two-way street for not bringing tragedy into less trivial matters like who's first in a line for a show.

That's comparing apples and tractor-trailers. Yes, it is in poor taste to bring that up, but it doesn't make the name-calling any better. Let's be bigger. I hate this line thing, but don't call anyone who isn't an actual nazi a nazi.

monopoly

« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2017, 02:52:28 PM »
The people who run the GA line often do well. I mean do you guys remember queuing in the 80s? The system is by far not perfect and I do criticize it BUT in the and it works. It's first come first served - and that's what counts.

Just an example from one city on  ieTour: when GA line started we were looking for 10 fans who would run the line in shifts during the night. As a reward they got GA numbers 1-10. everybody was welcome.

It really isn't. You have people who aren't around claiming their spots from their friends before they get there. You can deny it but the majority on u2 fansites all know it. It's absurd for the same top 20 to be there every show when they're at the previous venue. Or how about RoseBowl 2 when people attending the first concert had numbers already for the second? I don't care how well you think the system works. The reality is it isn't OFFICIAL.

The bias is there. If you join a line and are told you're in the top 60, of course you're going to want the line you joined to work and be accepted. You want to hear your spot as 60 is true and all it requires is checking in instead of waiting in line.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 02:55:31 PM by monopoly »

monopoly

« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2017, 02:53:40 PM »

That's comparing apples and tractor-trailers. Yes, it is in poor taste to bring that up, but it doesn't make the name-calling any better. Let's be bigger. I hate this line thing, but don't call anyone who isn't an actual nazi a nazi.

Line police it is. They need a name so our conversations don't become confusing

Offline U2Fan

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • Everything in the f****** hotel is brown.
« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2017, 02:59:57 PM »

Police implies the enforcer is legitimate, which is not accurate either. Line dictator sounds more accurate.

Offline dwaltman

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2017, 03:13:48 PM »
We'll be going back to chairs on the floor if this keeps up. 

Offline Saint1322

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2017, 03:16:41 PM »
We'll be going back to chairs on the floor if this keeps up. 

Police implies the enforcer is legitimate, which is not accurate either. Line dictator sounds more accurate.

Oh, I think there's enough sarcasm there that line police works, because clearly, there are no line police. These folks are like mall cops. :)

Offline trevgreg

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2017, 03:21:09 PM »

I wasn't justifying either side. Was just pointing out that there's probably people on both sides who are willing to say something a bit debatable to back up whatever it is they're trying to.

I've always used the term "line runner" myself, btw.