Author Topic: Older songs on next tour?  (Read 3312 times)

Online hollywoodswag

• Stateless
Re: Older songs on next tour?
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2017, 08:33:24 AM »
Zoo Station, Last Night on Earth, I Fall Down, and Surrender for me.

Offline aviastar

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Feel like trash...you make me feel clean
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2017, 08:42:26 AM »
Gone would be a nice addition.

Offline scrittoresabino

• Refugee
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2017, 02:21:52 AM »
Exit is a possibility. It was amazing live, and was received much better than I anticipated (with this being in huge stadiums with a large amount of casual listeners)

Songs that may fit the theme of SOE and also their thoughts on America:
Please, Wake Up Dead Man, Zooropa, Wanderer, Stay, Numb, Lemon, Gone, Acrobat, Fly, Love is Blindness

Would love them to do at A LOT from Songs of Innocence: Every Breaking Wave, This is Where You Can Reach Me Now, Troubles, Cedarwood Road, Raised by Wolves, Volcano, Kite, Unknown Caller, No Line on the Horizon (always dreamed of them starting as the album version, then transitioning into the bside version)

Offline WhenIsSOE

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • aka The Ultra Beasts (Welcome back!)
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2017, 02:00:16 PM »
Those are some interesting picks!

Offline dougie

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • A Bozo on the bus going nowhere!
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2017, 06:39:49 PM »
I would love to hear many off Pop like many people. Since they just played every song on JT at every show, it would be great to give those songs a break. It would give them more time for new songs and rare ones.

U2 seems to add the hits during the tour and dump new songs and rarities. I hope they give songs more of a chance. they had a good idea of leaving a 2 or 3 songs variable on the small stage on the I and E tour. But, even that got stagnant towards the end of the tour. I hope they take advantage of being in arenas and play new and rare songs; a boy can dream!

Offline Rono

• Babyface
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2017, 03:52:37 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
The version with Fallon and the Roots was great!
Assuming that they stick with the tried & tested 6-8 new songs and 9-10 warhorses, which older songs do you think U2 will bring back for the next tour (eg unforgettable Fire on the 360 tour, a sort of homecoming for the current tour etc). Not a wish list, just trying to identify songs that are due a revival.

Kite hasn't been played for a while (end of the vertigo tour I think). Who's gonna ride your wild horses (vertigo tour)? Angel of Harlem hasn't seen the light of day for a while (start of 360 I think).

Thoughts/predictions?

AoH was played on a number of I&E shows

Offline Volcanogirl

• Elevated
  • The goal is Elevation !
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2017, 04:30:59 PM »
When they use same stage as two years back, i would think they start with some dance tunes
like discotheque, Lemon and lady with the spinning head before they head off and crawl
inside that screen

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
  • I know that this is not goodbye, my forum friends!
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2017, 04:33:24 PM »
When they use same stage as two years back, i would think they start with some dance tunes
like discotheque, Lemon and lady with the spinning head before they head off and crawl
inside that screen
BOOMCHA

Offline scrittoresabino

• Refugee
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2017, 05:00:02 PM »
inside that screen
BOOMCHA

They can easily turn Invisible into an even more danceable groove. They've done dance oriented tunes before, but usually sparsely. It would be really cool if they had a whole "mini-set" of the show geared towards dance, much like they often do acoustic mini-sets

would love to experience Lemon, Discotheque, This is Where You Can Reach Me Now, Even Better Than the Real Thing, Two Hearts Beat as One, Numb, Hold Me Thrill Me..., Crazy etc in a mini-set... interchangeable from night to night

Offline Volcanogirl

• Elevated
  • The goal is Elevation !
« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2017, 07:46:03 AM »
inside that screen
BOOMCHA

They can easily turn Invisible into an even more danceable groove. They've done dance oriented tunes before, but usually sparsely. It would be really cool if they had a whole "mini-set" of the show geared towards dance, much like they often do acoustic mini-sets

would love to experience Lemon, Discotheque, This is Where You Can Reach Me Now, Even Better Than the Real Thing, Two Hearts Beat as One, Numb, Hold Me Thrill Me..., Crazy etc in a mini-set... interchangeable from night to night
My heart would skip a beat if Edge does Numb ....... that would be so cool !!

Offline garyu2

• Stateless
« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2017, 09:12:57 AM »
There is a live video on YouTube of So Cruel by Lemon (Chile U2 tribute band) and it's incredible. What a song.

Amazing that it's never been played by the real band.

Offline podiumboy

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2017, 09:33:49 AM »
There is a live video on YouTube of So Cruel by Lemon (Chile U2 tribute band) and it's incredible. What a song.

That band is SO GOOD. They take the songs that U2 couldn't play live and they make them work.  The guitarist is obviously very tech savvy, like Edge, and knows how to replicate Edge's sounds pretty well.  I watched a video where they played "Some days are better than others", and then segued seamlessly into "Do you feel loved".  U2 have never bothered to play Some Days, and only did DYFL at a few of the first Popmart shows before permanently dropping it.  Imagine the life some of U2's less popular songs could've taken on live if they'd have just tried to play them.  The singer of Lemon sounds a lot like Bono, but not so much that he's imitating him.

Offline WhenIsSOE

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2017, 04:01:01 PM »
inside that screen
Did not expect LWTSH coming out of this. A personal somewhat-favorite though.  :)

Offline WhenIsSOE

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2017, 04:06:16 PM »
inside that screen
Did not expect LWTSH coming out of this. A personal somewhat-favorite though.  :)
Anyone else?

Offline jonnydeaf

• Stateless
« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2017, 07:37:02 PM »

That band is SO GOOD. They take the songs that U2 couldn't play live and they make them work.  The guitarist is obviously very tech savvy, like Edge, and knows how to replicate Edge's sounds pretty well.  I watched a video where they played "Some days are better than others", and then segued seamlessly into "Do you feel loved".  U2 have never bothered to play Some Days, and only did DYFL at a few of the first Popmart shows before permanently dropping it.  Imagine the life some of U2's less popular songs could've taken on live if they'd have just tried to play them.  The singer of Lemon sounds a lot like Bono, but not so much that he's imitating him.

Why not have a band like this open the show? I'd love to get more U2 songs into my concert attendance.