Author Topic: Official Indianapolis Thread **Spoilers** 10 September 2017  (Read 3382 times)

Offline singnomore

• Administrator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • These city lights, they shine as silver and gold
Official Indianapolis Thread **Spoilers** 10 September 2017
« on: August 28, 2017, 08:45:32 AM »
All things Indianapolis
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 08:48:13 AM by singnomore »

Offline bjkrober

• Babyface
Re: Official Indianapolis Thread **Spoilers** 10 September 2017
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2017, 06:47:30 AM »
As an Indy resident, it's been disappointing to see that there are thousands of unsold tickets (even GA still available), but no TV, radio, billboard, online ads at all.  The promotion for this show has been pitiful.  The Indianapolis Colts, who run the stadium haven't promoted it all either.  It sort of proves the theory that the South American Dates will make the big bucks and half-full American shows are still profitable.  Hopefully, during the month off, they've pulled out the Dalton Brothers costumes for a reprise in Indy!

Offline Moser

• Wanderer
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2017, 07:19:16 AM »
I just picked up a GA for this venue. Will be my first show in Indy (all have been in Chicago). Hopefully the present availability of tickets means I can get a great position without too much hassle.

Offline timeforageneral

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2017, 09:18:49 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
As an Indy resident, it's been disappointing to see that there are thousands of unsold tickets (even GA still available), but no TV, radio, billboard, online ads at all.  The promotion for this show has been pitiful.  The Indianapolis Colts, who run the stadium haven't promoted it all either.  It sort of proves the theory that the South American Dates will make the big bucks and half-full American shows are still profitable. 
I think the JT2017 tour stops in Louisville and Chicago ate up the market for an Indianapolis show.

Hopefully, during the month off, they've pulled out the Dalton Brothers costumes for a reprise in Indy!
Please

Offline bjkrober

• Babyface
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2017, 12:19:26 PM »
You're exactly right about Louisville and Chicago.  Heck, I went to Cleveland to see it.

Offline Kmama07

• Running to Stand Still
  • She is everywhere and no place
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2017, 12:45:05 PM »
As an Indy resident, it's been disappointing to see that there are thousands of unsold tickets (even GA still available), but no TV, radio, billboard, online ads at all.  The promotion for this show has been pitiful.  The Indianapolis Colts, who run the stadium haven't promoted it all either.  It sort of proves the theory that the South American Dates will make the big bucks and half-full American shows are still profitable.  Hopefully, during the month off, they've pulled out the Dalton Brothers costumes for a reprise in Indy!
Very little promotion for Detroit as well.

Offline savoyard

• Babyface
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2017, 01:39:02 PM »
Are there any sound curfews in Indy? I'm guessing not, but hoping there is something.  This old man wants to get home before 2am!

Offline bjkrober

• Babyface
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2017, 01:50:49 PM »
Are there any sound curfews in Indy? I'm guessing not, but hoping there is something.  This old man wants to get home before 2am!

I don't think there is a sound curfew in that area.  There is very little residential in the vicinity of the stadium.  It would be cool if they had the roof open for the show, but I'm sure they'll have is closed for some b.s. reason....

Offline dealme

• Babyface
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2017, 07:45:06 PM »

I don't think there is a sound curfew in that area.  There is very little residential in the vicinity of the stadium.  It would be cool if they had the roof open for the show, but I'm sure they'll have is closed for some b.s. reason....

I was told today by a friend in the know that both the roof and the window will be open. 

Offline U21978man

• Babyface
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2017, 10:42:05 AM »
Sound will be better if roof closed that's what I'm hoping for an 70 thousand people arena experience!!? 8)

Offline Kmama07

• Running to Stand Still
  • She is everywhere and no place
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2017, 02:01:36 PM »
Have. Blast everyone! I was hoping to squeak a last minute trip to Indy, but couldn't work it out! I'll be looking for mixlr/periscopes to tide me over!

Offline shineinthesummernight

• Child of Grace
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2017, 02:12:46 PM »
I'll probably see you on Periscore, KMama!

Offline Moser

• Wanderer
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2017, 03:03:22 PM »
Line is pretty well organized. given numbers by the venue staff. But also gamed big time by people came early to get a number and then go off to brunch, only to cut those at the last minute. Defeats the purpose but whatever. I just hope I'm by a group full of energy instead of cell phone statues.

Offline Moser

• Wanderer
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2017, 03:09:26 PM »
And I heard The Best Thing during the sound check. Fingers crossed they play it.

Offline shineinthesummernight

• Child of Grace
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2017, 03:11:19 PM »
Good luck, Moser!  Have a fun time!