Author Topic: Official Indianapolis Thread **Spoilers** 10 September 2017  (Read 3384 times)

Offline julez728

• Stateless
Re: Official Indianapolis Thread **Spoilers** 10 September 2017
« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2017, 06:36:02 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I gotta say, Bono's voice was in particularly fine form. Am I the only one? Compared to seeing them in Louisville and countless other shows on YouTube, it felt he was seriously going for it last night!

They were definitely not phoning it in last night.  Everything was very high energy and the crowd was pretty darn good too.  Some people in my seated section sat down for the 1/2 half of JT, which I thought was lame, but whatever.  One of the funnest parts, though, was what Bono said after The Best Thing:  He asked, "was it ok?"  And he thanked the crowd for the opportunity to perform the song, saying it was a "real thrill."  It was very cute and almost child-like.  Fun to see how fun he found it!  Crowd reaction to it was strong too.  I mean, not the crowd reaction to Streets or Elevation, but all things considered....

The venue was a real plus--yes when he spoke it was a bit echo-y, but it was fun to have an open roof and a nice breeze throughout.

People in my section sat for most of the JT.  After Bullet, most people sat and my friend and I were the only ones in our section that stood for the second half. 

I enjoyed the energy and felt it was the best out of the three shows I went to on this tour.  The sound was a bit off, but still a great show.

Offline savoyard

• Babyface
« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2017, 11:28:17 AM »
What a night!
1.  Roof Open - helped the sound, the vibe and the temperature.
2.  GA entry was fastest and easiest I've ever been thru
3.  Crowd showed up.  - a few empties here and there, but no large empty sections
4.  Beck is so legit.
5.  Best Thing debut instead of Mysterious Ways.
My fears about a small crowd, closed roof and "mail it in" performance were all unfounded.  Shame on me.  U2 rules!
Everything you said! I also noticed that the GA section was a lot smaller than Chicago. Maybe half the size based on the placement of the soundboard. Overall I thought this was better than the two nights in Chicago.

Offline skelter

• Staring at the Sun
  • Drowning is no sin
« Reply #47 on: September 12, 2017, 04:40:16 PM »
I wonder if they deliberately set up a small GA field based on total GA tickets sold. Even up till 1 week before the show, you could buy an Indy GA.

They wanna make the field look packed for the photos in instagram, etc

Offline desertrat

• Babyface
« Reply #48 on: September 12, 2017, 04:44:02 PM »
My wife and a work group attended and had a great time while I watched several periscope feeds back here in Cali. There's an excellent quality recording of the entire Indy show at U2Start.com.

Offline savoyard

• Babyface
« Reply #49 on: September 13, 2017, 08:12:17 AM »
I wonder if they deliberately set up a small GA field based on total GA tickets sold. Even up till 1 week before the show, you could buy an Indy GA.

They wanna make the field look packed for the photos in instagram, etc
Possibly, but I think it's just a better setup for the fans and pictures. Lucas Oil seats more people too, so maybe they were able to adjust the size of the GA.  Soldier Field was fairly empty past the soundboard. Either way I thought it was a lot better.

Offline boilerfan97

• Babyface
  • "only love can heal such a scar"
« Reply #50 on: September 13, 2017, 12:03:33 PM »

What a night!
1.  Roof Open - helped the sound, the vibe and the temperature.
2.  GA entry was fastest and easiest I've ever been thru
3.  Crowd showed up.  - a few empties here and there, but no large empty sections
4.  Beck is so legit.
5.  Best Thing debut instead of Mysterious Ways.
My fears about a small crowd, closed roof and "mail it in" performance were all unfounded.  Shame on me.  U2 rules!
Everything you said! I also noticed that the GA section was a lot smaller than Chicago. Maybe half the size based on the placement of the soundboard. Overall I thought this was better than the two nights in Chicago.

I completely agree with all of this!  :D For the first time in a while I was in seats instead of GA. It was a different vibe in seats as expected (people sitting at times) but I didn't care that's their problem. ;)

I was at Chicago 1 and it was great as it always is  there. But I liked this show better in that I thought the band really brought it better at this show. Tight set, great energy from all of them. Bono was especially great this show and used his pipes better I thought. Plus all of the Dalton references, jokes, etc. It just seemed like they were having a blast this show more than I've seen in a while.