Author Topic: U2 Trending number 1 on ITunes  (Read 2207 times)

Offline tommyboy6913

• Refugee
U2 Trending number 1 on ITunes
« on: August 31, 2017, 08:27:52 PM »
U2 is trending hot or #1 on Itunes. So, it seems like The Blackout is being well-received. It has received over 3.1 million views with 24 hours..17,467,594 people liking this and almost 16 million following them on Facebook. The video was posted on YouTube about 12 hours ago and has over 80K views. Pretty impressive. It's not the type of numbers that Taylor Swift got with her new single but her new song sucks big time and I kinda like Taylor Swift to a certain degree. The new single from U2 Rocks hard!!

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
Re: U2 Trending number 1 on ITunes
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2017, 09:08:22 PM »
It's too bad that they haven't officially released the song on iTunes or Spotify.

Offline Nagrom76

• Refugee
  • Bacon
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2017, 09:10:38 PM »
I don't see it there, can someone send me the link?

monopoly

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2017, 09:14:46 PM »
I don't understand the correlation. The only people who listen to blackout are u2 fans. Maybe all those casuals who remembered the JT back in the day and decided to attend JT2017 have regained interest.

monopoly

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2017, 09:18:00 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I don't see it there, can someone send me the link?

I just found it. It's not necessarily "trending" in the sense the albums and songs are going off the charts. When you push the search button on the iTunes Store app, it shows trending searches. I'm sure at least 1,000,000 u2 fans have looked up blackout to see if it's for sale

Offline robgalloway

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2017, 01:30:43 AM »
I don't understand the correlation. The only people who listen to blackout are u2 fans. Maybe all those casuals who remembered the JT back in the day and decided to attend JT2017 have regained interest.

Well if people like me shared 'The Blackout' to their pages and feeds then loads of non U2 fans may have had a little listen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Smee

• Numb
  • Im Eddie and im a Monkey
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2017, 07:51:59 AM »
U2 is trending hot or #1 on Itunes. So, it seems like The Blackout is being well-received. It has received over 3.1 million views with 24 hours..17,467,594 people liking this and almost 16 million following them on Facebook. The video was posted on YouTube about 12 hours ago and has over 80K views. Pretty impressive. It's not the type of numbers that Taylor Swift got with her new single but her new song sucks big time and I kinda like Taylor Swift to a certain degree. The new single from U2 Rocks hard!!

U2 can only dream of getting the youtube or itunes hits in the numbers like someone in the Pop world (ie Taylor Swift). But Taylor swift and co i bet are much more envious of u2's abilty to play in front of massive crowds every night.

Offline marcosdd

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2017, 11:18:43 AM »
Seriously, who is in charge of this "The Blackout" release? They drop the song on facebook only with a terrible audio quality. On youtube the avatar shows the song logo but there isn't a trace of the video. Nothing on iTunes or Spotify either. Wtf are they thinking??

Offline cocamojoe

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2017, 12:08:50 PM »

U2 can only dream of getting the youtube or itunes hits in the numbers like someone in the Pop world (ie Taylor Swift). But Taylor swift and co i bet are much more envious of u2's abilty to play in front of massive crowds every night.
You do know that Swift has been playing stadiums for at least her last two tours, right? She's twice played the same stadium that U2 just played earlier this summer.

Offline Panama Jack

• Wanderer
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2017, 12:36:15 PM »
Seriously, who is in charge of this "The Blackout" release? They drop the song on facebook only with a terrible audio quality. On youtube the avatar shows the song logo but there isn't a trace of the video. Nothing on iTunes or Spotify either. Wtf are they thinking??

It's entirely possible that the studio version of The Blackout (or even the live-ish version we've heard) will either be included in the digital single for The Best Thing, or available to download when you pre-order the album after it's announced on Wednesday. We'll see. 

In the meantime, the Facebook video of The Blackout has been viewed 9 million times and counting, so it's hardly going unnoticed.

Offline Jono

• Running to Stand Still
  • Nice job by #MoteeShoe
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2017, 01:14:36 PM »
Only one thought on crazy number of views, Facebook