29 (23.6%)
Mediocre
13 (10.6%)
Bad
9 (7.3%)
Horrible
1 (0.8%)

Total Members Voted: 115

Author Topic: The Best Thing Reaction Gague  (Read 1204 times)

Offline shineinthesummernight

• Child of Grace
Re: The Best Thing Reaction Gague
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2017, 02:54:41 PM »
Lyrically, it seems superficially transparent, but upon a closer look there are some unique things going on.  Musically, there are some nice touches.  I like Edge's vocals in the end part.  The chorus is so damn catchy it ought to be a crime, lol.  A bit too poppy for my tastes, but okay.  I can see it getting serious radio time, much like SFS did awhile back.

WookieeWarrior10

Re: The Best Thing Reaction Gague
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2017, 03:52:17 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Bass - great. Adam again shines (as he does so much on The Blackout)
The verses - good, with some melody
The chorus - bad, makes the song nearly unlistenable to me now after about 20 tries today.

Bono's voice is just too loud and FAR to high register. Awful. He ruins the song.

Sorry.

I agree that his vocals are mixed to high in context to the music but he sounds good to my ears. I don't get all the hate regarding his voice on here.  Sure I love his lower register and wish he would start using it more (if he can) but his vocals are good.  I don't know how anyone can say they are actually bad.

That's exactly what I'm been saying about this song since I first heard it... U2 just can't seem to get a solid mix with a song these days. It's a case of too many cooks in the kitchen, where we see multiple directions taken by 5+ producers/consultants and the resulting sound is squashed to death and sonically uninteresting.