Author Topic: Sister albums, sister singles: miracle vs best thing  (Read 485 times)

monopoly

Sister albums, sister singles: miracle vs best thing
« on: September 06, 2017, 07:04:49 PM »
Which is better? Lyrically? Musically? As a single?

Offline JFW

• Numb
  • Wondering why I still walk the earth
Re: Sister albums, sister singles: miracle vs best thing
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2017, 01:43:05 AM »
I think the miracle.

Another question (which is off topic, but I'm sure you'll read this between the rest of The Best Thing storm): was this version similar to what you heard before from an mystery guy?

Offline The Exile

• Up With the Sun
  • It's all ball bearings nowadays.
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2017, 02:44:45 AM »
The Miracle is better I think.

monopoly

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2017, 08:22:08 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I think the miracle.

Another question (which is off topic, but I'm sure you'll read this between the rest of The Best Thing storm): was this version similar to what you heard before from an mystery guy?

The single version? Not quite. The sci fi mix had some similar bits but the chorus is pretty different. There was no guitar at the start on the mix I heard, and Larry had a bigger beat when Bono started singing the verses. The bass is pretty much the same. Edge was shouting best thing like the sci fi mix. I didn't hear edges solo when he sings. His nile Rogers guitar part was more prominent too. Some of the "pop" sounds on the soul mix are the same and were also heard in the beach clips.

Offline lucas.homem

• Numb
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2017, 08:43:24 AM »
The Best Thing, easily.

Not that I love TBT, but it's fine to listen to and all, with some cool stuff here and there to spicy things up. As for The Miracle, it's the song I dislike the most in SOI despite having some nice elements. It was also an atrocious choice for single.