Author Topic: Exit live was amazing!  (Read 1474 times)

Offline cabral255

• Stateless
Exit live was amazing!
« on: September 07, 2017, 05:43:49 AM »
I have never been a huge fan of exit, but seeing it live was incredible. It was definitely my favorite part of the show. Does anyone else feel the same?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Offline JFW

• Numb
  • Wondering why I still walk the earth
Re: Exit live was amazing!
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2017, 06:06:32 AM »
I've had that experience with whole side 2.

For side 1 I just liked them because they're hits. Now I feel a much more emotional connection with it. Although, it past in a blink of an eye. Side 2 just kept staying with me.

Offline Neil Young, man!

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2017, 07:10:34 AM »
Yes, a highlight for me too. I am still looking for the "definitive live version" from the current tour.

Offline Smee

• Numb
  • Im Eddie and im a Monkey
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2017, 08:46:39 AM »
When i first heard about the JT2017 tour....i was most excited at the prospect of hearing Exit, OTH and RHMT live. I felt they would all be the highlight. But that soon changed after hearing the god awful live version of RHMT.
That Left OTH and Exit. OTH was pretty good, but failed to move me as much as i thought it would, given that it has pretty much been my fave u2 song for 30 yrs. I really thought the "solo" let it down.
So that left Exit. And it failed to leave me feeling let down. It delivered the goods, just as it did, live, 30 yrs ago. Highlight of the show

Offline JFW

• Numb
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2017, 09:01:12 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Yes, a highlight for me too. I am still looking for the "definitive live version" from the current tour.
I think the one where he says 'I owe you 50 bucks' (or something like that). It made the 'o lay your hands' clear.

I'm not sure, but maybe it's Seattle.

Offline Neil Young, man!

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2017, 09:04:06 AM »
I think the one where he says 'I owe you 50 bucks' (or something like that). It made the 'o lay your hands' clear.

will check it out, thanks!!

Offline TongueInMyEar

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Love it won't be long....
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2017, 09:14:09 AM »
Exit was by far my highlight seeing them in Berlin. And most reviews etc I've read seem to single it out for praise.

Offline JFW

• Numb
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2017, 11:06:58 AM »

will check it out, thanks!!
If you find some version similar. Please notify  :)

Offline Marvinho

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2017, 11:21:14 AM »
Absolutely! It was one of the major highlights for me. It did what Until The End of the World normally does. Proper apocalyptic. Loved it. Would love it to return in the next tour. Fingers crossed but not holding my breath.

Offline OnlyU2

• Holy Joe
  • Who's to say what it is will break you
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2017, 12:10:17 PM »
I was blown away by Exit, especially since I was at the tour opener, and hadn't seen any spoilers.
Highlight of the show.

Offline JFW

• Numb
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2017, 12:46:49 PM »
Absolutely! It was one of the major highlights for me. It did what Until The End of the World normally does. Proper apocalyptic. Loved it. Would love it to return in the next tour. Fingers crossed but not holding my breath.
Oe. I hope I'll see Until The End next tour! I guess it's more amazing when I'll see it real live.

Offline 73October

• Staring at the Sun
  • Joy is an act of defiance
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2017, 01:56:07 PM »
Yeah - I still can't get that image out of my head of Bono doing those preacher man style of convulsions as 'Shadow Man' (and that was 2 months ago).  I was near enough to the b-stage to see it for myself and for those few seconds it actually did feel like I was at one of those 'revival style meetings'....until I remembered I was at a U2 show and Bono was acting!!
It was such a powerful act, it will stay with me for some time.

Offline scrittoresabino

• Refugee
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2017, 09:19:43 PM »
When i first heard about the JT2017 tour....i was most excited at the prospect of hearing Exit, OTH and RHMT live. I felt they would all be the highlight. But that soon changed after hearing the god awful live version of RHMT.
That Left OTH and Exit. OTH was pretty good, but failed to move me as much as i thought it would, given that it has pretty much been my fave u2 song for 30 yrs. I really thought the "solo" let it down.
So that left Exit. And it failed to leave me feeling let down. It delivered the goods, just as it did, live, 30 yrs ago. Highlight of the show

Those were my 3 most anticipated songs before the tour. I ended up being very satisfied at the least. I was only trepidatious on what the crowd response would be for Exit. This isn't an arena tour, and it is for their most popular album, so there was bound to be a much higher ratio of casual listeners. The crowd response was intense for Exit - 2 out of 3 of them, I swear were just as strong as the response to Sunday Bloody Sunday, Streets, and Beautiful Day.

Offline GloriaUaBRS1985

• Babyface
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2017, 02:47:10 PM »
I have never been a huge fan of exit, but seeing it live was incredible. It was definitely my favorite part of the show. Does anyone else feel the same?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Yes, Exit was my favorite song from last night in Minneapolis, as well as the other 2 times I've seen them on this tour!

Offline ahittle

• Babyface
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2017, 07:50:37 AM »
Yes, the darkness of Exit in MOTD was amazing. Whole band killed it.