Author Topic: What are your controversial U2 thoughts?  (Read 22748 times)

Offline Delvis Crasho

• Babyface
Re: What are your controversial U2 thoughts?
« Reply #90 on: September 13, 2017, 10:03:26 PM »
Bono needs a personal trainer.

Yeah - I said it. The man is nowhere near good physical condition like he once was.

Offline Blueyedboy

• Running to Stand Still
  • Embrace the challenge
« Reply #91 on: September 14, 2017, 04:21:25 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Bono needs a personal trainer.

Yeah - I said it. The man is nowhere near good physical condition like he once was.

I think he styles himself on Elton John

Offline mariamontreal

• Running to Stand Still
  • She moves in mysterious ways
« Reply #92 on: September 14, 2017, 09:26:50 AM »
Their best music was with Emo and Lanois

I don't know, didn't you find the Emo work a little dark and they applied the eye liner too thick? *boom tish*
Sorry I corrected my typo..lol

Offline Matty_Mullens

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • "Brevity is the essence of wit" Brian Eno-1984
« Reply #93 on: September 14, 2017, 09:49:52 AM »
The Eno/Lanois ship has sailed. Just my 0.2 but I think NLOTH wasn't a success for the band and I believe Lanois was frustrated by the process.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

I understand you.  But keep in mind, on NLOTH, Eno and Lanois weren't just producers, they were collaborators.  I think if they stick to producing only, then based on their track record they always help the band make their best work.

Offline soloyan

• Staring at the Sun
  • A dangerous idea that almost makes sense
« Reply #94 on: September 14, 2017, 11:17:03 AM »
The Eno/Lanois ship has sailed. Just my 0.2 but I think NLOTH wasn't a success for the band and I believe Lanois was frustrated by the process.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

I understand you.  But keep in mind, on NLOTH, Eno and Lanois weren't just producers, they were collaborators.  I think if they stick to producing only, then based on their track record they always help the band make their best work.

I would love to believe that but I also think Lanois has quit producing. I believe his last gig as a producer was Neil Young in 2010.

He seems to be enjoying recording and playing his own material way more now.

Offline missey

• Child of Grace
« Reply #95 on: September 14, 2017, 02:55:24 PM »
I don't like Acrobat.
I love If I Don't Go Crazy.
So there.

Offline shineinthesummernight

• Child of Grace
« Reply #96 on: September 14, 2017, 03:26:40 PM »
"Bono needs a personal trainer and isn't as fit as he used to be."   Isn't that true of pretty much all of us?

Offline Racingfan53

• Babyface
  • Gal 2:20
« Reply #97 on: September 14, 2017, 10:29:59 PM »
I don't want to see a modern Zoo TV tour.

Yes, I wish I could have been around to see Zoo TV.  Yes, I believe the '90s work U2 did was an absolute masterpiece, and Achtung is my favorite album.  Yes, I watch Zoo TV concerts on YouTube all the time.

But some people want a modern Zoo TV tour for the 30th anniversary of Achtung, or just for fun.  Really, I don't think that's going to happen, or would be a good idea.  Zoo TV was one of, if not the best, rock concerts of all time.  But trying to pull a modern reincarnation of Zoo TV would have the subscript of "We're not good enough to keep coming up with new ideas and new material, so we're trying to pull off what used to make us famous."  Times change, and honoring the old classics (JT2017) is one thing, but putting on Zoo TV again, 30 years later, when U2, culture, and the fans have all changed, is not going to work.

I'm still working on my time machine so I can go see one of those concerts, though.  Pity I wasn't alive for that time.

Offline toolz2112

• Wanderer
  • they just.. sound different
« Reply #98 on: September 15, 2017, 06:16:30 AM »
I hate Bono's long hair/mullet. I perfer his Pop/NLOTH hair style. His current hair style makes him look like an old man trying to hold on to the last strands of his hair, where as his Pop/NLOTH hair compliment his face/style.

Offline ShankAsu

• Desert Rose
  • Can't fight for s---, but sure can take a beating
« Reply #99 on: September 15, 2017, 10:45:36 AM »
all of the band members except for Adam are really Lizard people.

Offline aviastar

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Feel like trash...you make me feel clean
« Reply #100 on: September 15, 2017, 11:28:37 AM »
I hate Bono's long hair/mullet. I perfer his Pop/NLOTH hair style. His current hair style makes him look like an old man trying to hold on to the last strands of his hair, where as his Pop/NLOTH hair compliment his face/style.

I think he looks best in the TJT2017 promo photo...when it was trimmed and slicked back.  Now it looks like a mess.

This one's good:
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

The current U2 header banner on Spotify is even cleaner/better.

• Child of Grace
« Reply #101 on: September 15, 2017, 05:14:42 PM »
Not sure if a lot of you posters are dudes, but I lot of women, myself included, really enjoy long hair on a guy of any age.  Bono looks really good imo.

Offline toolz2112

• Wanderer
  • they just.. sound different
« Reply #102 on: September 16, 2017, 01:57:23 AM »

I think he looks best in the TJT2017 promo photo...when it was trimmed and slicked back.  Now it looks like a mess.

This one's good:
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

The current U2 header banner on Spotify is even cleaner/better.

Yeah, the JT promo hair is not bad. He just needs to trim his current style or something. He craps on about having a bad mullet in the 1980s, yet for some reason he continues to come back to the mini-mullet (early 90s, early to mid 2000s, now). Just no Bono. Be like Larry. Consistent (apart from Vertigo hair) and classic. Or Adam, who just looks classy. Or heck, go like The Edge. Bald but covered with a hat. How easy!  ;D

Offline Clarky

• Numb
  • I've got a head like a lit cigarette
« Reply #103 on: September 16, 2017, 03:33:56 AM »
I've read this a few times to my surprise and I'll add also that I don't dislike Crazy Tonight (definitely not the dance remix version - never a fan of remixes usually). I think it still kind of works on that album. If it wasn't for Boots and probably Stand Up Comedy NLOTH would be an undisputed modern masterpiece album.

• Child of Grace
« Reply #104 on: September 16, 2017, 04:56:56 AM »
Clarky, I'll take that further and say that NLOTH is a modern masterpiece.