Author Topic: U2 shooting video for "Get Out Of Your Own Way"  (Read 23389 times)

Offline OnlyU2

• Holy Joe
  • Who's to say what it is will break you
Re: U2 shooting video for "Get Out Of Your Own Way"
« Reply #105 on: October 07, 2017, 11:22:16 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I really really like saying GOOYOW as a word. Gooyow!

When they play With Or Without You followed By Get out of your Own way, you shout WOWY GOOYOW!!

WOWY GOOYOW! 

Offline ShankAsu

• Desert Rose
  • Can't fight for s---, but sure can take a beating
« Reply #106 on: October 08, 2017, 12:32:58 AM »
I really really like saying GOOYOW as a word. Gooyow!

When they play With Or Without You followed By Get out of your Own way, you shout WOWY GOOYOW!!

WOWY GOOYOW!
I like my covfefe with gooyow

WookieeWarrior10

« Reply #107 on: October 08, 2017, 01:15:19 AM »
PITNOL, WOWY GOOYOW... AIWIY!

Looks like a very primitive form of expression. Beats IGCIIDGCT, which looks like somebody bashed their head on a keyboard repeatedly.

Offline RABIDLAMB

• Babyface
« Reply #108 on: October 08, 2017, 03:05:33 AM »

Far bigger cut with multiple cameras

Already posted on page 6 I see
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 03:08:11 AM by RABIDLAMB »

Offline DoYouFeelLoved

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • Holy Dunc Space Junk
« Reply #109 on: October 08, 2017, 04:21:56 AM »
I have to say I am pleasantly surprised by this tune (from what we can hear).
It's pop, but not the of the dreadful kind. Ten thousand times better than TBT.
Hard to tell from these clips, but it doesn't sound much polished, and that's a good thing. Edge is loud, chimey and clear, it was long missed.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 04:27:30 AM by DoYouFeelLoved »

Offline Clarky

• Numb
  • I've got a head like a lit cigarette
« Reply #110 on: October 08, 2017, 06:50:35 AM »
Its like U2 are afraid to try anything too extreme, to reach for something new and exciting and remind everyone why they're one of the most daring and re inventive bands in the last few decades. They've gone so safe. The most interesting and impactful music they do these days would have been considered their more mediocre stuff from previous eras. They've kinda lost it. The newer stuff isn't bad but my god I would never have been drawn to this band if this is what they were churning out back in the late 80's/90s.

Offline u2live

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #111 on: October 08, 2017, 08:10:30 AM »
Very plain sound IMO.  With so much to say in the world now they seem to have taken a back seat on the music end and all in the hopes of chasing a top 40 hit?  This is not the band I fell in love with.

Offline BalconyTV

• Numb
« Reply #112 on: October 08, 2017, 09:51:15 AM »
This is the same band that made Stay...

Listen back to Stay :-)

Offline timeisatrain

• Babyface
« Reply #113 on: October 08, 2017, 10:21:12 AM »
U2 becoming an older version of the worst coldplay. This is a nightmare.

I grow up in the late 90´s, early 2000´s, I become fan with Pop hearing stories about U2 transformation from JT to AB, and I was still deeply in love with this band when ATYCLB came out, so is an important albumto me.

And Coldplay´s A rush of blood to the head.... loved the album....

Now I see this two bands making horrible music, and let´s be honest, it´s horrible.... they all look old guys with too much money and no creativity, and for me it´s to sad to have this opinion because  no one will understand how I loved u2 and liked coldplay in the 1997-2009 period.

Offline Izzy

• Numb
« Reply #114 on: October 08, 2017, 11:02:46 AM »
Based on the clips available it’s clearly evident this some will
Debut at #17 on the billboard rock charts, perhaps higher if Lindsay Buckingham can be cajoled into adding a “GO YOUR OWN WAAAAYYYY” to the chorus.

Offline the_chief

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #115 on: October 08, 2017, 11:12:06 AM »
Wish this place existed around 1991.  Achtung Baby would have gotten absolutely slaughtered by some of you on here and don't even try to deny it

It's a very short part of a song, which was recorded on a mobile phone and some are dismissing the song, dismissing the band and typing things that sound like how you'd feel if a family member died.

It's a song. You either like it or you don't. Not everything has to be Zooropa. I Will Follow is not exactly inspired by Mozart is it?

Considering this is the sound they've been making since 2000, I'm amazed that 17 years later, some people can't quite grasp it
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 11:17:33 AM by the_chief »

Offline timeisatrain

• Babyface
« Reply #116 on: October 08, 2017, 11:31:51 AM »
They will release a pop album, 20 years after "POP".

Ironic.... And depressive.

monopoly

« Reply #117 on: October 08, 2017, 11:37:40 AM »
This is the same band that made Stay...

Listen back to Stay :-)

Sounds along the same lines....

monopoly

« Reply #118 on: October 08, 2017, 11:39:16 AM »
Wish this place existed around 1991.  Achtung Baby would have gotten absolutely slaughtered by some of you on here and don't even try to deny it

It's a very short part of a song, which was recorded on a mobile phone and some are dismissing the song, dismissing the band and typing things that sound like how you'd feel if a family member died.

It's a song. You either like it or you don't. Not everything has to be Zooropa. I Will Follow is not exactly inspired by Mozart is it?

Considering this is the sound they've been making since 2000, I'm amazed that 17 years later, some people can't quite grasp it

I'm not putting down the song because I like it, but you can't call this a short part/ clip of it. I hear 2 minutes of music. And assuming the song is about 3:30 long...

Offline tommyboy6913

• Refugee
« Reply #119 on: October 08, 2017, 11:43:34 AM »

This! What's up with some of you? I'm not one of those guys that blindly love U2, but chill people!! It's a snippet of a song. You guys haven't even heard the other 7-8 remaining songs. I, for one, do not want an album full of songs like "The Blackout". That's right I said it. The Blackout is the weakest song that we heard so far. I like it but the song the song doesn't flow and sounds dis-jointed. A lot of you like it because it's sounds "dark" or it's a "Rocker". Have you guys heard the other rumored song titles like Civilisation, Tightrope, The Lights of Home, American Soul, etc?? Well, guess what? Neither have I.
I want someone on this forum to save this quote because I can GUARANTEE there will be some songs that will appeal to EVERYONE. Some may not like every song but most of you will realize come December 1st, that U2 can still deliver a good album. SOE will not be another JT or AB but it will be a good album...and good is better than crap. Here's a thought...Would you rather not any new U2 material? We are fortunate these boys are still together and putting out decent music. Good or bad, they are still making NEW music. What I'm saying is wait until December 1st before you make any final judgments.  Also, U2 songs always grow on you or give it some time. I have been a member of this forum since 2004. Some of you that bashed No Line or now praising it?? Really?? I'm not a huge fan of that album, but I enjoyed SOI. SOE is going to be good folks. It will be a diverse album but it's going to have some songs for everyone. One more thing and I will get off my soap box: Don't tell me that U2 doesn't take chances or is not experiential any more. Then what about songs like Breathe, Moment of Surrender, Cedars of Lebannon, Raised by Wolves, The Troubles or Sleep Like a Baby Tonight? The songs don't sound very Top 40 or "Dad Rock" to me.
Ok, let's get back to making these forums enjoyable again. Give the boys from the north side of Dublin a chance.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 11:47:32 AM by tommyboy6913 »