Author Topic: U2 shooting video for "Get Out Of Your Own Way"  (Read 22940 times)

Offline the_chief

• Headache in a Suitcase
Re: U2 shooting video for "Get Out Of Your Own Way"
« Reply #120 on: October 08, 2017, 11:48:55 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Wish this place existed around 1991.  Achtung Baby would have gotten absolutely slaughtered by some of you on here and don't even try to deny it

It's a very short part of a song, which was recorded on a mobile phone and some are dismissing the song, dismissing the band and typing things that sound like how you'd feel if a family member died.

It's a song. You either like it or you don't. Not everything has to be Zooropa. I Will Follow is not exactly inspired by Mozart is it?

Considering this is the sound they've been making since 2000, I'm amazed that 17 years later, some people can't quite grasp it

I'm not putting down the song because I like it, but you can't call this a short part/ clip of it. I hear 2 minutes of music. And assuming the song is about 3:30 long...

It is a short part of a song.
I'm going to hazard a guess there is an Intro, Verse, Chorus, Verse, Chorus, Middle 8, Chorus, Outro.

I didn't hear any intros, verses, middle 8s or outros in that clip

Spacejunk69

« Reply #121 on: October 08, 2017, 12:17:40 PM »
Wish this place existed around 1991.  Achtung Baby would have gotten absolutely slaughtered by some of you on here and don't even try to deny it

It's a very short part of a song, which was recorded on a mobile phone and some are dismissing the song, dismissing the band and typing things that sound like how you'd feel if a family member died.

It's a song. You either like it or you don't. Not everything has to be Zooropa. I Will Follow is not exactly inspired by Mozart is it?

Considering this is the sound they've been making since 2000, I'm amazed that 17 years later, some people can't quite grasp it

Wrong, Im afraid. At least, and I speak for myself obviously, but hearing 'new' U2 in 1991, was mesmerizing. The best year of my U2 fandom (1983-2017)

Offline boomchild

• Stateless
« Reply #122 on: October 08, 2017, 12:42:58 PM »
What I've heard I like.

Sounds so unlike u2.

The chorus line is very catchy.

Offline The Exile

• Up With the Sun
  • It's all ball bearings nowadays.
« Reply #123 on: October 08, 2017, 01:07:16 PM »

It's a very short part of a song, which was recorded on a mobile phone and some are dismissing the song....

Why don't you complain when people praise the song? "Hey, it's only a snippet and poorly recorded! You all should reserve your accolades until you've heard the final version!"

Oh wait.

Offline RunToStandStill

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #124 on: October 08, 2017, 01:32:32 PM »
Bono once said that the hardest thing thing is to make it look spontaneous. To me, this one for sure sounds the most spontaneous of all 4 tracks so far. Edge's guitar is...addictive.

I don't understand why are they trying so hard with big choruses, while so many great U2 songs have no (or barely) chorus.

Offline the_chief

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #125 on: October 08, 2017, 02:51:17 PM »

It's a very short part of a song, which was recorded on a mobile phone and some are dismissing the song....

Why don't you complain when people praise the song? "Hey, it's only a snippet and poorly recorded! You all should reserve your accolades until you've heard the final version!"

Oh wait.

Well, I'm not complaining

And I actually did say that about The Blackout when there was a snippet posted and I said there's no point in praising it or dismissing it until we've heard the final version. But, obviously you either didn't read that.

Regardless, I don't really care in the grand scheme of things. There are songs I love and there are songs that I don't love and that's all that matters to me
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 03:02:43 PM by the_chief »

Offline bass slap

• Running to Stand Still
  • Hot as a hair dryer.. In your face!
« Reply #126 on: October 08, 2017, 03:28:03 PM »

I'm not putting down the song because I like it, but you can't call this a short part/ clip of it. I hear 2 minutes of music. And assuming the song is about 3:30 long...

I'm going to hazard a guess there is an Intro, Verse, Chorus, Verse, Chorus, Middle 8, Chorus, Outro.

Pretty sure there's a verse and a chorus that can be heard in the snippets I have listened to. The other bits are just the trimmings and won't bee enough to forgive a song if you're not on board with the main sections. Also, intros tend not to exist anymore, not on songs designed to be singles, so I'll wager there's barely any intro..

I don't mind what I heard, so not trying to join a side or anything.. but I think the clip is enough to form some kind of opinion on the song as the crooks of it are there to be heard.

monopoly

« Reply #127 on: October 08, 2017, 03:28:56 PM »

I heard a verse, bridge, chorus, solo and outro in the longer video... the intro could be anything from an abrupt start like YTBTAM or slow like California. But this is what the majority of the song sounds like. The dynamic won't change. And the quality is decent. I think most people can form a truthful opinion based on this

Offline Teeps

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #128 on: October 08, 2017, 03:31:07 PM »

The video linked above features a snippet of what sounds pretty reliably U2-ish, and video of the band filming the music video.

Pretty upbeat, albeit a little "safe"--What do you guys think?

monopoly

« Reply #129 on: October 08, 2017, 03:33:38 PM »
I think it's also worth noting that the audio is from the speakers, and the band are pretend playing to it( besides the drums). You can tell when Bonos not singing or there's additional instruments. While there is always room for editing, it's likely this is the the mix and audio we'all hear on the album

monopoly

« Reply #130 on: October 08, 2017, 03:34:05 PM »
There's already a 9 page thread

Offline fez333

• Babyface
« Reply #131 on: October 08, 2017, 05:43:45 PM »
I love the sound of these tune.  At least from what I’ve heard thus far.  I haven’t heard the whole song yet and I like it better than YTBTAM. Not that YTBTAM is a bad song. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Moser

• Wanderer
« Reply #132 on: October 08, 2017, 05:57:04 PM »
This album is really shaping up splendidly!

Love the chorus!

Offline RathfarnhamU2Fan

• Stateless
« Reply #133 on: October 08, 2017, 06:34:15 PM »
Oh dear...

Four songs in and it's looking like this is going to be an absolute led balloon.

Offline Tim Wallach

• Babyface
« Reply #134 on: October 08, 2017, 08:22:06 PM »
Oh dear...

Four songs in and it's looking like this is going to be an absolute led balloon.

Funny, I was going to say four songs in and I already see more to work with than on the last couple of albums. To each their own I guess, but your "absolute lead balloon" might be a tad dramatic.