Author Topic: U2 shooting video for "Get Out Of Your Own Way"  (Read 22895 times)

Offline Lookingforsomethingother

• Stranger in a Strange Land
Re: U2 shooting video for "Get Out Of Your Own Way"
« Reply #150 on: October 09, 2017, 08:36:33 AM »
I hear a hint of Hold back the river by James Bay

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Spacejunk69

« Reply #151 on: October 09, 2017, 09:40:55 AM »
Oh dear...

Four songs in and it's looking like this is going to be an absolute led balloon.

Pure bo****ks. How can you make a statement like that based on three songs and one 30 sec clip? I think they’re all much stronger than what they’ve done in a long time barring maybe YTBTAM.

For goodness sake. In your first sentence, You question how anyone can form an opinion based on three songs and then one 30 sec clip. Then in your second sentence, you admit you can form an opinion, and the songs are fabulous. LOL

Make your mind up.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

I question how an opinion can be formed on the whole album based on three songs einstein.

You have. Why can't people form a negative opinion? You only seem to believe that people can form positive opinions.

Don't think it's the fact that it's a negative opinion. We're all allowed like/hate what we want...

It's the general sweeping remark of "absolute led balloon" which is questionable.

Because you don't like it, doesn't mean it's going to be a flop. Just like the way it doesn't mean it's going to become a massive hit because I like The Little Things and The Blackout.

There are nearly 7 billion people in this world....There is a possibility those 7 billion others might not think what me and you think about it

I know that. But there are MANY posters on here that have determined the ALBUM is going to be the best they have released since the 90's...or at least ATYCLB. People who are saying that are basing that assumption, their opinion, from the same material that has been heard by people who think the opposite. That's what people who are not as excited about the new release based on the 4 songs heard are trying to point out. People who love U2's music, no matter the quality (and there are many on this forum) do not like, and can not take criticism of 'their' band!

And for the record - I have heard 3 OK songs and only one dud so far from the upcoming album. I quite like what I'm hearing so far. But its far from their best work.

Offline the_chief

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #152 on: October 09, 2017, 11:04:19 AM »
Oh dear...

Four songs in and it's looking like this is going to be an absolute led balloon.

Pure bo****ks. How can you make a statement like that based on three songs and one 30 sec clip? I think they’re all much stronger than what they’ve done in a long time barring maybe YTBTAM.

For goodness sake. In your first sentence, You question how anyone can form an opinion based on three songs and then one 30 sec clip. Then in your second sentence, you admit you can form an opinion, and the songs are fabulous. LOL

I question how an opinion can be formed on the whole album based on three songs einstein.

You have. Why can't people form a negative opinion? You only seem to believe that people can form positive opinions.

Don't think it's the fact that it's a negative opinion. We're all allowed like/hate what we want...

It's the general sweeping remark of "absolute led balloon" which is questionable.

Because you don't like it, doesn't mean it's going to be a flop. Just like the way it doesn't mean it's going to become a massive hit because I like The Little Things and The Blackout.

There are nearly 7 billion people in this world....There is a possibility those 7 billion others might not think what me and you think about it

I know that. But there are MANY posters on here that have determined the ALBUM is going to be the best they have released since the 90's...or at least ATYCLB. People who are saying that are basing that assumption, their opinion, from the same material that has been heard by people who think the opposite. That's what people who are not as excited about the new release based on the 4 songs heard are trying to point out. People who love U2's music, no matter the quality (and there are many on this forum) do not like, and can not take criticism of 'their' band!

And for the record - I have heard 3 OK songs and only one dud so far from the upcoming album. I quite like what I'm hearing so far. But its far from their best work.

Who knows, it could be their best work since Pop?
It could be their worst since October?

What I will say is, I love The Little Things very much and the other three have choruses that I can't get out of my f**king head, to the point where it's annoying, so I don't think it'll be a bad album....Maybe I'm wrong :D

I will also say that if anyone on here is expecting them to knock out another AB, whilst putting on a tour for it that risks bankruptcy and they magically go back to being 28 years of age, as The Edge comes up with all these weird and new guitar sounds, needs a re-think 

Offline ZEROpartII

• Child of Grace
« Reply #153 on: October 09, 2017, 11:19:32 AM »
The references to JT and AB are getting tiresome. We can't expect a rabbit to be pulled out of a hat. Expectations need to be realistic. We will end up with an ok album, with something for everyone.

Yep.

I find it bizarre if I'm honest. As I said earlier, this is the sound they've been recording for the last 17 years so, I'm not sure why people are expecting another AB. I'm sure if Streets came out now, this place would pan it.

"Unimaginative bass lines"
"Drums pattern is weak"
"Oh great, yet more delay on The Edge's guitar"

As I said before, Achtung Baby would have been slaughtered if this place existed back in 1991

For a bunch of 57 year old guys, let's let them do what works at this point.  The Little Things is spot on for Bono to sing Sinatra style polishing off some Bourbon in a smoky club.  The other tracks are surprisingly upbeat and seem to have a great attention to detail. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline The Exile

• Up With the Sun
  • It's all ball bearings nowadays.
« Reply #154 on: October 09, 2017, 12:24:28 PM »
Oh dear...

Exactly. This objection that "we've only heard a small, poorly-recorded portion" is a ruse. It's people disliking the song and stating their opinion that they're objecting to. IOW, we can state opinions about what we've heard of SOE as long as those opinions are positive. If they're not, we get shamed and asked to leave the forum.

Offline WhenIsSOE

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • aka The Ultra Beasts (Welcome back!)
« Reply #155 on: October 09, 2017, 12:34:40 PM »
Oh dear...

Who knows, it could be their best work since Pop?
It could be their worst since October?

What I will say is, I love The Little Things very much and the other three have choruses that I can't get out of my f**king head, to the point where it's annoying, so I don't think it'll be a bad album....Maybe I'm wrong :D

I will also say that if anyone on here is expecting them to knock out another AB, whilst putting on a tour for it that risks bankruptcy and they magically go back to being 28 years of age, as The Edge comes up with all these weird and new guitar sounds, needs a re-think
What's the chorus to GOOYOW?

Offline tommyboy6913

• Refugee
« Reply #156 on: October 09, 2017, 12:38:23 PM »
Everyone is entitled to their own opinions...good or bad..and we need to respect everyone's feeling about the new songs we have heard thus far.
Based on what I have heard so far, I believe it's going to be their best album since POP or All That You Leave Behind. Again, I am waiting for the official release of the album on December 1st but so far the new songs sound very good to me.

Offline WhenIsSOE

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #157 on: October 09, 2017, 12:40:28 PM »
Everyone is entitled to their own opinions...good or bad..and we need to respect everyone's feeling about the new songs we have heard thus far.
Based on what I have heard so far, I believe it's going to be their best album since POP or All That You Leave Behind. Again, I am waiting for the official release of the album on December 1st but so far the new songs sound very good to me.
I think it could be their best album since....
SOI
NLOTH
or
Pop.

monopoly

« Reply #158 on: October 09, 2017, 01:21:05 PM »
What's wrong with a little hope?

Offline WhenIsSOE

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #159 on: October 09, 2017, 01:22:43 PM »
The references to JT and AB are getting tiresome. We can't expect a rabbit to be pulled out of a hat. Expectations need to be realistic. We will end up with an ok album, with something for everyone.

Yep.

I find it bizarre if I'm honest. As I said earlier, this is the sound they've been recording for the last 17 years so, I'm not sure why people are expecting another AB. I'm sure if Streets came out now, this place would pan it.

"Unimaginative bass lines"
"Drums pattern is weak"
"Oh great, yet more delay on The Edge's guitar"

As I said before, Achtung Baby would have been slaughtered if this place existed back in 1991
"What happened to good old-fashioned rock, not this techno crud!"
/s

Offline WhenIsSOE

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #160 on: October 09, 2017, 01:23:33 PM »
What's wrong with a little hope?
Right on, Mr "knows things about Summer Of Love that we don't" Monopoly!

Offline WhenIsSOE

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #161 on: October 09, 2017, 01:42:38 PM »
Here it is:

This link's out, we need a new one STAT!

Offline WhenIsSOE

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #162 on: October 09, 2017, 01:43:03 PM »
I can also confirm The Joshua Tree tour DVD was recorded in Mexico.
B himself told me.

Im the one jumping in the left at the begining of the video in the previous post.
How is the song?

Offline WhenIsSOE

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #163 on: October 09, 2017, 01:44:23 PM »
They are probably filming another video for Best Thing

Turn up the volume. ;)

And this one's down too! We need a new link!

Offline WhenIsSOE

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #164 on: October 09, 2017, 01:46:01 PM »
Another bland pop offering from the band. I really fear u2 are about to release their weakestst ever album.....based on the 4 songs we have heard.

All 4 songs - from what we've heard - for me are miles better than anything on SOI. Don't think we are looking at a classic but certainly a massive improvement on their last LP.

Im the polar opposite form you. I really like SoI (apart from The Miracle). I think its a strong collection of songs
I feel a bit the same way, Smee. At the moment I like SOI pretty much. I think it was more the 'idea' and that it was more 'personal' what I liked about it. But I can't get a similair feeling to these new songs (yet), while Blackout is nice.

But I try to wait to burn the album. It took over a year to like SOI. I listened to it many times and said:'nope, U2 is gone.' But after listen to it many times, spread over that year, I had to admit: the album very good. I hope a bit that that's gonna be the case for SOE. Until then (1 December 2018) I try to find all the good stuff in it.

And that's a note to all my co-forum writers  ;). Please, let everyone try to get hyped about the album.
I like every single one of their albums, I almost loved SOI, and I KNOW I'm going to love SOE!