Author Topic: U2 shooting video for "Get Out Of Your Own Way"  (Read 22784 times)

Offline WhenIsSOE

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • aka The Ultra Beasts (Welcome back!)
Re: U2 shooting video for "Get Out Of Your Own Way"
« Reply #165 on: October 09, 2017, 01:46:35 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Are we sure it's not another "Best thing" video?

Too easy.

Low blow. They still haven’t released the other 15-20 versions of the song yet.
;D
Maybe the only version of this song I'm looking forward to is the one that's surrounded by 11 other different songs.
Ha! I agree!

Offline WhenIsSOE

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #166 on: October 09, 2017, 01:47:58 PM »
I like Little things

I really like Best thing

I refuse to listen to that horrible version of Blackout

However based on another sketchy YouTube this sounds like the worst of the 4. A bad Killers song, or dare I say it... The Script!!

Ugh, think I just puked in my mouth with that last comparison.
The Blackout was somewhat high quality, if you didn't like that here's a better version

Offline horsey

• Babyface
« Reply #167 on: October 09, 2017, 02:05:40 PM »
You can sing the chorus melody of YTBTAM over the backing track of GOOYOW and it fits perfectly. They are basically interchangeable.

Offline U2 Fan of the 90s

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #168 on: October 09, 2017, 02:54:44 PM »
TBTAM was very straight forward... Fine but nothing special really.  Honestly the acoustic version had more depth to it, simply because of the restraint of Bono's vocal.  This track has more too it.... Edge sounds very ethereal, the drums are good... and the lyrics are better.  Even if it is pop, it's still good pop.

Offline robgalloway

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #169 on: October 09, 2017, 03:08:57 PM »
Who needs haters when you've got U2 fans

If you've not liked anything U2 have done since 1991, 93, 97, 2000 then why are you still here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline WhenIsSOE

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #170 on: October 09, 2017, 03:14:41 PM »
You can sing the chorus melody of YTBTAM over the backing track of GOOYOW and it fits perfectly. They are basically interchangeable.
That's good!

Offline shineinthesummernight

• Child of Grace
« Reply #171 on: October 09, 2017, 03:27:08 PM »
TBTAM was very straight forward... Fine but nothing special really.  Honestly the acoustic version had more depth to it, simply because of the restraint of Bono's vocal.  This track has more too it.... Edge sounds very ethereal, the drums are good... and the lyrics are better.  Even if it is pop, it's still good pop.
I agree that the acoustic "Best Thing" was the best.  You did a good job of describing why it appealed to me more than the other versions.

Offline JFW

• Numb
  • Wondering why I still walk the earth
« Reply #172 on: October 09, 2017, 04:06:46 PM »
I'm really interested in the clip. Bono looks a bit weird. But maybe that'll be nice.

Nice picture of Anton Corbijn:

Offline wlomaco

• Stateless
« Reply #173 on: October 09, 2017, 04:07:41 PM »
Oh dear...

Four songs in and it's looking like this is going to be an absolute led balloon.

Pure bo****ks. How can you make a statement like that based on three songs and one 30 sec clip? I think they’re all much stronger than what they’ve done in a long time barring maybe YTBTAM.

For goodness sake. In your first sentence, You question how anyone can form an opinion based on three songs and then one 30 sec clip. Then in your second sentence, you admit you can form an opinion, and the songs are fabulous. LOL

Make your mind up.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

I question how an opinion can be formed on the whole album based on three songs einstein.

You have. Why can't people form a negative opinion? You only seem to believe that people can form positive opinions.

Don't think it's the fact that it's a negative opinion. We're all allowed like/hate what we want...

It's the general sweeping remark of "absolute led balloon" which is questionable.

Because you don't like it, doesn't mean it's going to be a flop. Just like the way it doesn't mean it's going to become a massive hit because I like The Little Things and The Blackout.

There are nearly 7 billion people in this world....There is a possibility those 7 billion others might not think what me and you think about it

I know that. But there are MANY posters on here that have determined the ALBUM is going to be the best they have released since the 90's...or at least ATYCLB. People who are saying that are basing that assumption, their opinion, from the same material that has been heard by people who think the opposite. That's what people who are not as excited about the new release based on the 4 songs heard are trying to point out. People who love U2's music, no matter the quality (and there are many on this forum) do not like, and can not take criticism of 'their' band!

And for the record - I have heard 3 OK songs and only one dud so far from the upcoming album. I quite like what I'm hearing so far. But its far from their best work.

Who knows, it could be their best work since Pop?
It could be their worst since October?

What I will say is, I love The Little Things very much and the other three have choruses that I can't get out of my f**king head, to the point where it's annoying, so I don't think it'll be a bad album....Maybe I'm wrong :D

I will also say that if anyone on here is expecting them to knock out another AB, whilst putting on a tour for it that risks bankruptcy and they magically go back to being 28 years of age, as The Edge comes up with all these weird and new guitar sounds, needs a re-think

Yes, this is absolutely it.  Choruses/melodies that I repeat in my head every time I roll over in bed.  I think that's a good sign.  Definite ear worms.

Offline WhenIsSOE

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #174 on: October 09, 2017, 04:31:36 PM »
Oh dear...

Four songs in and it's looking like this is going to be an absolute led balloon.

Pure bo****ks. How can you make a statement like that based on three songs and one 30 sec clip? I think they’re all much stronger than what they’ve done in a long time barring maybe YTBTAM.

For goodness sake. In your first sentence, You question how anyone can form an opinion based on three songs and then one 30 sec clip. Then in your second sentence, you admit you can form an opinion, and the songs are fabulous. LOL

Make your mind up.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

I question how an opinion can be formed on the whole album based on three songs einstein.

You have. Why can't people form a negative opinion? You only seem to believe that people can form positive opinions.

Don't think it's the fact that it's a negative opinion. We're all allowed like/hate what we want...

It's the general sweeping remark of "absolute led balloon" which is questionable.

Because you don't like it, doesn't mean it's going to be a flop. Just like the way it doesn't mean it's going to become a massive hit because I like The Little Things and The Blackout.

There are nearly 7 billion people in this world....There is a possibility those 7 billion others might not think what me and you think about it

I know that. But there are MANY posters on here that have determined the ALBUM is going to be the best they have released since the 90's...or at least ATYCLB. People who are saying that are basing that assumption, their opinion, from the same material that has been heard by people who think the opposite. That's what people who are not as excited about the new release based on the 4 songs heard are trying to point out. People who love U2's music, no matter the quality (and there are many on this forum) do not like, and can not take criticism of 'their' band!

And for the record - I have heard 3 OK songs and only one dud so far from the upcoming album. I quite like what I'm hearing so far. But its far from their best work.

Who knows, it could be their best work since Pop?
It could be their worst since October?

What I will say is, I love The Little Things very much and the other three have choruses that I can't get out of my f**king head, to the point where it's annoying, so I don't think it'll be a bad album....Maybe I'm wrong :D

I will also say that if anyone on here is expecting them to knock out another AB, whilst putting on a tour for it that risks bankruptcy and they magically go back to being 28 years of age, as The Edge comes up with all these weird and new guitar sounds, needs a re-think

Yes, this is absolutely it.  Choruses/melodies that I repeat in my head every time I roll over in bed.  I think that's a good sign.  Definite ear worms.
Yeah, I agree, that's a good sign. For anyone who watched the clip, is the song still in their head?

Offline connorfin22

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #175 on: October 09, 2017, 04:49:09 PM »
I love it so far.

Maybe its because I'm 19?

Offline WhenIsSOE

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #176 on: October 09, 2017, 04:54:06 PM »
I love it so far.

Maybe its because I'm 19?
I'm 13 and haven't heard it. Can someone provide a new link?

Offline achtung child

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #177 on: October 09, 2017, 05:20:33 PM »
The chorus sounds very similar to the outro in Beautiful Day.  But like I said, it sounds fun as f^ck.  And it sounds and feels like they like it too.  I'm excited about the new album.  Little Things will really take off live when it's been properly rehearsed as a contextual piece, and not a drop-off as it was on JT - same with Best Thing.  Blackout is okay, and that's where it ends for me.  I think my own excitement has been tamed a bit by the fact it's nearly a re-write of Crystal Ballroom.  I love Edge's guitar work in the middle 8, but I HATE the lyrics - esp. the much maligned rhymes of zack and back, etc.  Perhaps it's an intentional rub from Bono, and maybe it will make more sense in the context of the complete album.  Overall, I'm looking forward to seeing AND hearing this album live. 

Offline The Exile

• Up With the Sun
  • It's all ball bearings nowadays.
« Reply #178 on: October 09, 2017, 05:20:50 PM »

If you've not liked anything U2 have done since 1991, 93, 97, 2000 then why are you still here?

I'm so tired of this. Why don't you put away your Fan Police badge and let the moderators determine who does and doesn't belong here?

Offline robgalloway

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #179 on: October 09, 2017, 05:24:13 PM »

I'm so tired of this. Why don't you put away your Fan Police badge and let the moderators determine who does and doesn't belong here?

It's tiring to see every new U2 song/video/haircut/glasses being torn apart in a non-constructive manner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk