Author Topic: U2 on Metacritic  (Read 1563 times)

Offline Manos73

• Numb
  • Stop trying to change the world, I like it.
Re: U2 on Metacritic
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2018, 12:03:48 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Ok, but just go on metacritic.  You can see all the ratings/publications they used for their rating.  There is an absurd number of 2s and 2.5s skewing the aggregate down. 
Pretty sure the absurd amount of reviews are the other direction. The higher the rating, the more likely U2 is to be used on the cover of the mag. Meaning, the mags that use U2 to sell copies give the album higher reviews.

Offline davis

• Stateless
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2018, 05:09:18 PM »
Pretty sure the absurd amount of reviews are the other direction. The higher the rating, the more likely U2 is to be used on the cover of the mag. Meaning, the mags that use U2 to sell copies give the album higher reviews.

Not that I care, but I still can't figure out why you don't just go on metacritic and see for yourself the exact reviews they used for their aggregate.  It's there in plain English. 

Offline Clarky

• Numb
  • I've got a head like a lit cigarette
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2018, 03:57:58 AM »
Alright.

Offline Manos73

• Numb
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2018, 10:40:13 AM »

Not that I care, but I still can't figure out why you don't just go on metacritic and see for yourself the exact reviews they used for their aggregate.  It's there in plain English. 
I have seen them. The higher reviews appear to be by music mags that use U2 on their covers.

Offline GoalisSoul40

• Babyface
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2018, 03:25:46 PM »
So let me get this straight: SOE is rated low according to an arbitrary aggregate of critical reviews??  And this is somehow supposed to matter?  Fans will make up our own minds about the album.

Offline Manos73

• Numb
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2018, 10:02:34 PM »
So let me get this straight: SOE is rated low according to an arbitrary aggregate of critical reviews??  And this is somehow supposed to matter?  Fans will make up our own minds about the album.
It's not arbitrary, it's an average. An average that shows a downward linear trend.