Author Topic: 13 (there is a light) about Paris terrorist attack!  (Read 1681 times)

Offline BONO31

• Stateless
Re: 13 (there is a light) about Paris terrorist attack!
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2018, 12:35:05 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
But "Get on your boots" is a great song partly about walking on the moon back in 1969
and watch the earth and the humankind from a space perspective, but people didn't get it... unfortunatly.
This was the theme of 360°tour.
Here goes some of the lyrics
"The future needs a big kiss
Winds blows with a twist
Never seen a moon like this
Can you see it too?"

Space Oddity. Dry Ice, 360 tour, illuminati... gotcha!
Haha!!! Get on your boots!!! No, I'm not, but I like the intellectual side of U2 very much. Sometimes, some songs get better when you understand there meaning.

Offline pan360

• Babyface
  • The universe is beautiful but cold
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2018, 04:55:25 AM »
That 's a great observation and it does not really matter if it is really so. That is the beauty of art after all. It is subjective. The artist creates a piece of art having something in mind... the viewer / listener / reader gives whatever interpretation makes sense to him / her.

Offline jonnydeaf

• Stateless
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2018, 12:48:34 PM »
I have thought that the "near death" incident that has been referenced to in articles about the album were either the Paris attacks or the Nice attack.  Bono was in both cities at the time, and while we've never heard that he was directly involved, being in the vicinity, even if having dinner, could rattle one's psyche.  I think that not mentioning the details of the event keeps the discussion off of direct questions about the attacks (e.g. Where were you? How close? etc...) and tangential questions about immigration, terror policy, etc.

Of course, the above is completely an opinion I derived without asking any members of the band, nor having better evidence that a hunch. 

Offline BONO31

• Stateless
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2018, 07:35:09 AM »
That 's a great observation and it does not really matter if it is really so. That is the beauty of art after all. It is subjective. The artist creates a piece of art having something in mind... the viewer / listener / reader gives whatever interpretation makes sense to him / her.
That's so true! And Bono, as a lyricist, is very good at this. Take for example a song like "Gone", it could be about death, celebrity, marriage and divorce at the same time. 

Offline BONO31

• Stateless
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2018, 07:45:33 AM »
I have thought that the "near death" incident that has been referenced to in articles about the album were either the Paris attacks or the Nice attack.  Bono was in both cities at the time, and while we've never heard that he was directly involved, being in the vicinity, even if having dinner, could rattle one's psyche.  I think that not mentioning the details of the event keeps the discussion off of direct questions about the attacks (e.g. Where were you? How close? etc...) and tangential questions about immigration, terror policy, etc.

Of course, the above is completely an opinion I derived without asking any members of the band, nor having better evidence that a hunch.
One thing for sure, Bono and the rest of the band were very close to the Paris and Nice attacks. U2 couldn't ignore those events. And in a way, the terror attacks bring them back to the Troubles in Ireland during their childhood, innocence and more...

"And if the terrors of the night
come creeping into your days
And the world comes, stealing children from your room
Guard your innocence"