Author Topic: ?????U2 on GMA  (Read 1399 times)

Offline oopski

• Stateless
  • And i don't know how to pray anymore
?????U2 on GMA
« on: March 06, 2009, 06:20:21 AM »
WTF!!!!! Hearing Diane Sawyer gush over the boys........turned my stomach just a bit....what is the world coming to???? An appearance on Ellen........???????

Offline U2Fan

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • Everything in the f****** hotel is brown.
Re: ?????U2 on GMA
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 06:24:04 AM »
The Fordham kids seem half asleep.

Offline Mr. BonorFLYd

• Child of Grace
  • Music you can eat!
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2009, 06:50:54 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
WTF!!!!! Hearing Diane Sawyer gush over the boys........turned my stomach just a bit....what is the world coming to???? An appearance on Ellen........???????

Actually, they're considering a promo on QVC shopping network. After, the Dog Whisperer.

Offline oopski

• Stateless
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2009, 07:12:19 AM »
[

Actually, they're considering a promo on QVC shopping network. After, the Dog Whisperer.
[/quote]
LOL !!!!!Thank you! What has happened to Rock n Roll??? Isn't is supposed to be outside the mainstream.......F" the man!!! I don't care how old I am...as in "hope I die before I get old"....Hope I die before I ever see this again. By the way, Robert Plant, when accepting his grammy this year said that "back in the day, this would have been selling out"!!!!! Gonna go put on Quadrophenia and repeat "5:15" over and over........

Offline theocean

• Genius of Compression
  • The songs are in your eyes
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2009, 07:59:39 AM »
My sister has always been most punk/alternative than me, but she likes U2 also but knows I love Bono more than here, we were on the phone together watching the GMA Show. (We live in Albany NY), she immediately said OMG look at those two corny women with U2, they look like they should be State Supervisors or something, but I said, Hey maybe they really like U2 a lot, they are older and must know there stuff. I think U2 appreciates anybody who likes their stuff from all walks of life.

Offline globaljosh

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2009, 09:38:54 AM »
Funny thread, and so true. I saw a YouTube clip the other day of an MTV News piece covering the first show of the Zoo TV tour. Some fans were apparently displeased that the band didn't play SBS, NYD, or any of the other "classics." A wonderfully arrogant and surly Bono basically said, "screw 'em, we wanna play the new stuff." I miss that swagger! THAT Bono would never entertain the old ladies on GMA.

But, it's nice seeing them on TV every night (even if it means listening to Letterman tell the same jokes over and over every night during his monologue... honestly, how can he get away with that?!)

Offline oopski

• Stateless
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2009, 11:52:33 AM »
Letterman gets away with it 'cause he's a sarcastic b******-much like we bostonians! I gotta say thanks for the feedback.......and now on to "dr jimmy and mr jim" while I scrub the bathroom...