Author Topic: New Zealand and Australia left out again  (Read 5332 times)

Offline wons

• Numb
Re: New Zealand and Australia left out again
« Reply #45 on: April 21, 2018, 12:32:00 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Yet, one of the few countries that the Joshua Tree album failed to go to #1 in was Australia.
Though TJT has outsold AB (which went to #1) in Australia. It's a very popular album there.

Australia is the only country in the world where Rattle And Hum outsold Joshua Tree.

Offline summerholly

• Headache in a Suitcase
Re: New Zealand and Australia left out again
« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2018, 12:19:34 AM »
If U2 does come Down Under at the end of 2018 or early 2019 it will be interesting to see whether the proposed E+I setlist remains as is, or whether there's a TJT section added in. They might have trouble selling out even arenas if word gets out that there's a complete absence of TJT songs in the set...

Yet, one of the few countries that the Joshua Tree album failed to go to #1 in was Australia.

Peak position isn't everything - the album is at least 6x platinum... and Rattle And Hum 8x. People here love U2's old stuff and most aren't aware that SOI or SOE came out. Given the amount of time since they've toured, the lack of big songs and the high ticket prices I think they'll struggle to sell out an arena tour. I think we will hear info after the tour starts.

I would agree, it is how I feel.  Most people I know who like U2 have never heard of their latest stuff and you certainly never hear it on the radio.  Yep I preferred Rattle and Hum to JT but I love all their old stuff really. 

New stuff not so much and never heard of SOI until last year I discovered it by chance lurking in my itunes waiting to be downloaded.  To be honest until recently I didn't even know that they were still making music.  I find their new music a bit dark or something, it doesn't make me feel like their older music did for some reason,  I didn't mind their SOI to begin with but now I finding some of the songs I thought I liked a bit depressing.