Author Topic: Bono Rocks My World!  (Read 1007182 times)

Offline u2yooper

• Airborne Ranger
  • Life should be fragrant- rooftop to the basement
Bono Rocks My World!
« on: November 15, 2008, 01:02:17 PM »
How do I love Bono?  Let me count the ways.  Our man has been getting a thrashing in this here forum (sometimes from me), but he deserves a love thread of his own.  No Bono-bashing allowed here.  Just sincere appreciation and admiration for a guy who's given us his all for thirty years now.  Reasons to love Mr. Bono Vox: 

1.  His voice hits emotional highs and lows like no one else's.  From a whisper to a bellow, he can move us in mysterious ways.
2.  His willingness to be passionate and vulnerable.  In the beginning, his naked emotion was what set U2 apart from other early 80's groups.  He's willing to look like a fool in front of huge audiences to give the songs life. 
3.  His utter humanness.  More than any other rock star I can think of, Bono is incredibly human.  he says stupid things, cries in concert, gets angry, falls on his ass (literally and figuratively).
4.  His big heart.  Can you think of another public figure who argues for the poor as tirelessly and passionately as our man? 
5.  His hotness.  Sorry guys, but as a girl, Bono has always rocked my world.  He may be short and stocky (but then again, so is Mr. Yooper) but he has a certain je ne sais quoi that the ladies love. 

Your thoughts, opinions, pictures, lists of your own?

Offline u2yooper

• Airborne Ranger
Re: Bono Rocks My World!
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2008, 02:20:36 PM »
Two of my favorite Bono looks-  the smokin' hot mullet and the smokin' hot smoker.   ;D

Offline bonogrl from Boston

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • I had the feeling it was out of control
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2008, 07:13:44 AM »
Love the pics  ;)

I have to agree with everything on your list!  My sister and I had a conversation once about how Bono just oozes sexiness.  There is just something about him.  Plus I think that it is fantastic that he puts so much time into his humanitarian work.  And it is amazing that he is still married to his high school sweetheart!

mariamontreal

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2008, 07:06:02 AM »
Totally agree girls, It's his honesty and vulnerability about himself that exudes sexiness in a way that is undescribable wrapped around not to mention his singing with such  passion and intensiveness  combined with his flirtatious eyes .And last but not least , he's good looking too.   

Offline Edges Les Paul

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • This is Edge; we're not sure where we got him.
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2008, 06:08:17 PM »
His way of wearing jackets with too-long sleeves and his lack of rhythm when he dances are pretty endearing, I think. Also the blue eyes, and the lyrics!

mariamontreal

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2008, 07:03:45 AM »
I guess this thread is for the girls !

Boom Cha!

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2008, 12:48:35 PM »
If Bono was just Paul (some short, chubby, guy, with a mullet) and not Bono (famous, rockstar, humanitarian, with a mullet)....

Would you still find him sexy?  ??? :D

Offline Starfish

• Acrobat
  • Yay, it's Larry!!!
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2008, 01:14:46 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
If Bono was just Paul (some short, chubby, guy, with a mullet) and not Bono (famous, rockstar, humanitarian, with a mullet)....

Boom Cha! Do I detect the hint of jealousy?  ;)

Offline u2yooper

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2008, 04:15:56 PM »
Boom Cha- I agree you are just jealous!  My beloved is short, stocky (not chubby, there's a difference!) and had an awesome mullet when I met him. (In fact, I tell him I just like Bono because Bono reminds me of him.  Actually I had a crush on Bono years before I met Mr. Yooper)   So to answer your question, yes.   :P
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 04:19:39 PM by u2yooper »

Boom Cha!

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2008, 08:38:28 PM »

:D haha....I'm not gonna lie. That is one good lookin' man....without the mullet....

Offline MirrorballMoon

• Running to Stand Still
  • "Just wait until you get to Minneapolis!" - Bono
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2008, 09:46:44 AM »
Oh yeah, the man's sexy, whether he's "just Paul" or Bono.  The voice, the mind behind the lyrics, the heart behind the activism, the aura of mischieviousness . . . the combination is quite enjoyable!   ;)

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2008, 05:50:32 PM »
Bono was considered quite the little flirt back in his school days when he was just Paul.  My guess is he has had that "it" factor I always talk about from the very beginning. 

Offline Dark Angel

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • Oh HAI
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2008, 07:47:25 AM »

:D haha....I'm not gonna lie. That is one good lookin' man....without the mullet....

Everything looks good without a mullet

Offline Starfish

• Acrobat
  • Yay, it's Larry!!!
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2008, 02:47:23 PM »
Flirt all right, but don't you just love flirts?

Offline u2yooper

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2008, 04:00:07 PM »
Nice picture, Starfish!   ;)  His long marriage just adds to his appeal, don'cha think?  Nothing hotter than a faithful man!