Author Topic: Bono Rocks My World!  (Read 1007190 times)

Offline MirrorballMoon

• Running to Stand Still
  • "Just wait until you get to Minneapolis!" - Bono
Re: Bono Rocks My World!
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2008, 08:55:40 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Nice picture, Starfish!   ;)  His long marriage just adds to his appeal, don'cha think?  Nothing hotter than a faithful man!

I agree!

Offline u2yooper

• Airborne Ranger
  • Life should be fragrant- rooftop to the basement
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2008, 12:54:46 PM »
Did'ja check out my post of 'Do they know it's Christmas' on the video section?  Anyone else watch that video obsessively on MTV when it came out?  I did, to catch a glimpse of Bono and Simon LeBon (I was a huge DuranDuran fan for about a year.)  I think he wears that hat to add a few inches to his height, don't you? 

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2008, 01:06:50 PM »
Yes! Bono said that when they recorded that, Simon was one of the few people who were nice to him.  Hard to believe there was a time when Bono was the new kid on the block who felt a bit nervous.

Offline vickidvm

• Numb
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2008, 08:47:26 PM »
If Bono was just Paul (some short, chubby, guy, with a mullet) and not Bono (famous, rockstar, humanitarian, with a mullet)....

Would you still find him sexy?  ??? :D

I actually had to think about that for a nanosecond and then I saw Starfish's picture....

GOD YES!! 
Drool...

Offline Dark Angel

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • Oh HAI
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2008, 01:47:03 AM »
Did'ja check out my post of 'Do they know it's Christmas' on the video section?  Anyone else watch that video obsessively on MTV when it came out?  I did, to catch a glimpse of Bono and Simon LeBon (I was a huge DuranDuran fan for about a year.)  I think he wears that hat to add a few inches to his height, don't you? 

That is the great thing about hats! Why do you think I wear them!  :P

Offline Starfish

• Acrobat
  • Yay, it's Larry!!!
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2008, 05:59:37 AM »
Then Dark Angel I assume you're on the shorter side? Here's another more thing to be happy about.
I'm 5'9, my other half is 5'7 when he's wearing shoes. I don't even own a pair of high heels   :-\

There was a clip on youtube a while back, I tried looking for it but couldn't find it. U2 are accepting an award and one of the girls on the stage with them is so tall she has to bend down to kiss them. Yep, that's what I'd look like next to them.  ;D

Offline Dark Angel

• Oh HAI
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2008, 12:00:44 PM »
Then Dark Angel I assume you're on the shorter side? Here's another more thing to be happy about.
I'm 5'9, my other half is 5'7 when he's wearing shoes. I don't even own a pair of high heels   :-\

There was a clip on youtube a while back, I tried looking for it but couldn't find it. U2 are accepting an award and one of the girls on the stage with them is so tall she has to bend down to kiss them. Yep, that's what I'd look like next to them.  ;D

5'9? wow I would love to be that tall! I'm 5'7.5 so i'm not that short I just like looking taller  :D Go get a pair of heels girl treat yourself, you deserve it!

Then again I have been told by my doctor I am still growing! *crosses fingers*  ;)

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2008, 06:53:18 PM »
I'm only 5 ft. 1 in. tall.  Yeah, you heard me right!  I'd like to be called petite which sounds better than short! Bono could actually feel tall next to me.

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2008, 06:26:45 PM »
I figured this thread was the right place for this one.  On Gavin Friday's forum, Gavin texts us (his fans!) almost everyday on Twitter.  I think I've mentioned this before.  Sometimes it's about what he is doing professionally and sometimes it is personal.  2 days ago he said he was hanging with the "Cedarwood Boys." 
So my educated guess is Bono just spent some time with him and Guggi.  He usually calls them the "Unholy Trinity."  The rest of us call them the "Funky Trinity."  But "Cedarwood Boys" is actually cute. Anyway, if I ever see a Gavin text involving his best mate, I'll let everyone in the Bono love thread know what he is up to.

Offline Dark Angel

• Oh HAI
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2008, 03:43:43 AM »
Yes keep us updated!

mariamontreal

« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2008, 09:01:15 AM »
I'm only 5'5 in tall , and I only wear high heels occasionally ( they kill my feet )!

Offline Allison

• Babyface
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2008, 08:05:57 PM »
I had an entire conversation about this with my gal pals one day. Our conclusion: Irish men are HOT! Bono is an excellent example. However, the real reason I like him and also, part of the reason I started listening to U2, is because he is my unlikely hero. He is the person I used to hate, because I thought he didn't really care about the needy, and the vulnerable. I thought he was just doing it for camera time. I am so happy I was wrong! How often can a person say they are happy about being wrong? Anyway, he just has this amazing ability to win people over. Do you think his eyes could be part of the 'it' factor? What amazing eyes!  Allison

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2008, 08:31:16 PM »
Hey Allison, funny you should speak of Hot Irish men!  Please visit Dark Angel's and my thread on that very subject in this forum.  Post whatever you'd like to add there.   :)

Offline Dark Angel

• Oh HAI
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2008, 05:40:56 AM »
I had an entire conversation about this with my gal pals one day. Our conclusion: Irish men are HOT! Bono is an excellent example. However, the real reason I like him and also, part of the reason I started listening to U2, is because he is my unlikely hero. He is the person I used to hate, because I thought he didn't really care about the needy, and the vulnerable. I thought he was just doing it for camera time. I am so happy I was wrong! How often can a person say they are happy about being wrong? Anyway, he just has this amazing ability to win people over. Do you think his eyes could be part of the 'it' factor? What amazing eyes!  Allison

I dont look into Bonos eyes...I get lost...

Offline bonosone

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2008, 02:08:14 PM »
Bono is the man.  100% sex appeal with the greatest voice I've ever heard.  I am obsessed with this man; I can never get enough of him and just think what it would feel like to actually meet the Bono- I can only imagine...