Author Topic: ***SPOILERS - set list update- SPOILERS***  (Read 5781 times)

Offline Passenger789

• Wanderer
***SPOILERS - set list update- SPOILERS***
« on: April 29, 2018, 10:09:31 AM »
Full pre-show rehearsal news on U2Songs.com, no WTSHNN in the setlist.... huuummmm, can't remember anytime since '87 when this has not been in the setlist... it is such an integral part of U2 concerts, wondering how people will feel about not having that "special" moment during a U2 concert..... understand the fact that they did a whole JT tour last summer, but still, not sure how I feel about it, no Streets, whoa.... but I also feel that Streets was a little flat during IE (maybe had to do with the IE stage design/set-up that was less condusive to that song & it's usual/previous stage lighting/crowd effect), I did not see the JT2017 concert (they did not come to MTL).     

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 10:31:59 PM by singnomore »

Offline andyc2111

• Babyface
Re: ***SPOILERS - set list update- SPOILERS***
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2018, 10:42:57 AM »
I actually can’t work out what they are doing - I get the reason why they would drop JT songs because of the tour last year. However, they also played SBS, Pride, One, Elevation and BD on pretty much every night - talk about overexposure.

Some of those hits I get the reason why they’d be included - what is unforgivable is the Innocence stuff which is a complete 4 song rehash of ie. Why? We don’t need to see this, we’ve done it already.

Also why play Song for Someone and 13 - it’s ridiculous.

So far not impressed with setlists, let’s see how they progress

Offline Jswallow

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2018, 11:09:07 AM »
They survived alright for 7 years before without it, Remember reading Edge saying they were thinking of dropping JT songs....I'm sure it will be fine

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Offline 73October

• Staring at the Sun
  • Joy is an act of defiance
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2018, 11:22:43 AM »
I'm OK with not having it, WOWY or Bad for 1 tour.

I get where this is going and where it has been.  There's chronology in the last 2 tours.  I suspect SBS is included because 1. it's 20 years since Good Friday agreement and 2. we still need to sing this (protest) song.  I suspect Pride is included as it's 50 years since MLK.

BD, Elevation, Vertigo, One are some of their biggest hits since they gained 'Experience' and frames what and who they have become.

There is an 'Innocence to Experience to rediscovering Innocence at the end of Experience' thing that Bono has talked of a few times.  The band will want to get this across and hence the reflective nature of Iris, Cedarwood Road and RBW being included again.  Experience is the reflection of Innocence (or something like that).

Given this U2 chronology to date in 3 tours, it will be interesting to see where they go next with a live tour (whenever that will be).

Offline laoghaire

• Staring at the Sun
  • Will you be back tomorrow?
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2018, 11:39:09 AM »
WHERE IS LITTLE THINGS GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Offline GoldenStateGirl

• Stateless
  • As the moon spins around, I need your love
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2018, 12:07:50 PM »
I don’t think we need BOTH One and Love is Bigger. I am missing the hell out of UTEOTW :-(

Offline coolz481

• Refugee
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2018, 12:48:19 PM »
Eh, City of Blinding Lights is basically the same song. No Acrobat though...

Offline indiansummer

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2018, 01:16:44 PM »
Clearly in the minority, but happy with the setlist.

All Because of You nice choice.
Run from Follow/Ocean and Iris is gonna a be a highlight for me.

I like the reprise of Song for Someone at the end. Alwasy like a slow closer, like Mom of Surr, or 40 or Love is Blindness.

No Bad WOWU or Streets but as they have so many great songs it sill leaves the show witjh classics, like One, BD, Vertgio..and they have thrown in Wild Horses and Staring at the sun.

You can see they have really thought about the set.

Plus we get to hear lots of new songs so I'm happy.

PS I'm sure Acrobat will appear at some point...........
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 01:18:37 PM by indiansummer »

Offline McSwilly

• Refugee
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2018, 02:04:46 PM »
This is setting up to be a snoozfest. I am nervous. I was about to get some tickets for Santa Clara #2 (prices were recently lowered on ticketmaster). Maybe one night is enough.

Offline Basskid

• Staring at the Sun
  • Even the hands of love...
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2018, 02:41:54 PM »
I can't believe people are complaining about a setlist from a REHEARSAL that includes several songs that haven't been played in a long time...

At least let them get through night 1 act 1 first.

Offline shineinthesummernight

• Child of Grace
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2018, 03:10:07 PM »
Ocean would be very cool to hear. 

Offline garyu2

• Stateless
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2018, 03:31:51 PM »
By the way....if you put “SPOILERS....” in your title, I imagine as a WARNING then don’t put the actual spoiler in your title.

Sort of negates the point of the warning.

Offline boom boom

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2018, 05:03:37 PM »
This is setting up to be a snoozfest. I am nervous. I was about to get some tickets for Santa Clara #2 (prices were recently lowered on ticketmaster). Maybe one night is enough.
Agree, and exactly what I was thinking. Just a big snorefest, ending with a big snoozer 13 (There is a Light).  Terrible closer.  13 and Song for Someone in the same night?  What a total bore. 
Also the stretch of 6 songs from I Will Follow to Raised By Wolves just a rehash of 2015.  Already heard this guys, not to mention the other songs that are rehashes-Pride, COBL, One, Elevation, Vertigo.
I know they got to play some hit but come on, take out that stretch of 6 songs form I Will Follow to RBW and gives us something else.
Totally disappointed so far on these rehearsal.
Oh yeah, no Acrobat on this one?  Oh, I forgot they got to get in SBS instead.

Offline Argo

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Don't let the bastards grind you down
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2018, 07:06:46 PM »
Only 23 songs played in that setlist. Is it too optimistic to think Acrobat was left out to keep it under wraps and it will actually be played. Nice to see Wild Horses in a seemingly permanent spot in the line up. Could do without Elevation and Vertigo but accept crowd generally goes nuts for them. Happy to see Desire and Staring At the Sun in there. Bit worried about the ending combination. Hope there is something different to the SBS/RBW combo than was played last tour. Don't really want the same thing again but looks like it.

Offline Passenger789

• Wanderer
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2018, 07:39:14 PM »
By the way....if you put “SPOILERS....” in your title, I imagine as a WARNING then don’t put the actual spoiler in your title.

Sort of negates the point of the warning.
Ok next time I will write SEMI-SPOILER since the complete spoiler is the link I put in to the U2Songs article with the entire rehearsal set list from Tulsa yesterday :)