Author Topic: ***SPOILERS - set list update- SPOILERS***  (Read 5201 times)

Offline dougie

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • A Bozo on the bus going nowhere!
Re: ***SPOILERS - set list update- SPOILERS***
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2018, 02:56:30 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

And it boggles my mind that Little Things won't be in it. They have to know how it's been received, as an emotional center of the album.

I am shocked that Little Things and Red Flag Day arenít in the set list. They are adding some nice older tunes. But,  itís hard to get past the new songs they arenít playing; shows me how much I like the new album.

Saint22

« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2018, 02:59:53 PM »

And it boggles my mind that Little Things won't be in it. They have to know how it's been received, as an emotional center of the album.

I am shocked that Little Things and Red Flag Day arenít in the set list. They are adding some nice older tunes. But,  itís hard to get past the new songs they arenít playing; shows me how much I like the new album.

I would have thought with Streets out, Little Things would take its place. I am like you; the most disappointing aspect of the rumored setlist is too much SOI and too little SOE. I saw SOI in 2015, and I think SOE is a far superior album, so it is kind of tough for me to take Little Things and Red Flag Day being out and Cedarwood and Iris (though I like it) staying in. And I love Raised By Wolves, but are they really going to tell that same story again?

It is is like they don't think any of us saw or remember 2015.

Offline laoghaire

• Staring at the Sun
  • Will you be back tomorrow?
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2018, 03:01:00 PM »
I LOATHE that RFD isn't on the set list, but have come to terms.

They rehearsed Little Things a couple of times, so I thought that one was in the bag. And then it wasn't a part of Saturday's 26 song rehearsal that is probably the final set list.

WOE IS ME

Saint22

« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2018, 03:21:25 PM »

They rehearsed Little Things a couple of times, so I thought that one was in the bag. And then it wasn't a part of Saturday's 26 song rehearsal that is probably the final set list.

WOE IS ME

I think they are intentionally messing with us with Acrobat. They know how badly we want it. It would be cruel to work on it that much and for that long and then not play it or rotate it.

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2018, 05:25:23 PM »

WOE IS ME

I think they are intentionally messing with us with Acrobat. They know how badly we want it. It would be cruel to work on it that much and for that long and then not play it or rotate it.

That would be So Cruel

Offline shineinthesummernight

• Child of Grace
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2018, 05:31:45 PM »
I hope there are no simulated bomb blasts during Raised By Wolves.  In poor taste after some of the recent events, I think.

Offline Lebowski

• Refugee
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2018, 06:10:49 PM »

WOE IS ME

It would basically be a middle finger to the diehards to not play it after they know rumors of being rehearsed were out there.

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2018, 08:40:25 PM »
I hope there are no simulated bomb blasts during Raised By Wolves.  In poor taste after some of the recent events, I think.

I saw GNR do gun shots over the PA and I was actually almost 'triggered'

Offline redapple129

• Wanderer
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2018, 09:32:33 PM »

I would have thought with Streets out, Little Things would take its place. I am like you; the most disappointing aspect of the rumored setlist is too much SOI and too little SOE. I saw SOI in 2015, and I think SOE is a far superior album, so it is kind of tough for me to take Little Things and Red Flag Day being out and Cedarwood and Iris (though I like it) staying in. And I love Raised By Wolves, but are they really going to tell that same story again?

It is is like they don't think any of us saw or remember 2015.
The Willie Williams interview from today says yes, they are telling the same story again, that's the point. According to him, this was what the second night in their "two different shows across two nights" model on I+E was supposed to have been before they realized the SOE songs were not ready to play and maybe a show full of unreleased material wasn't the best idea.

I was furious when I realized American Soul was a re-worked Volcano but came to be okay with it once I heard the coda of Lights of Home and realized what they were doing. Even if this is far from the set list I want (and I'm worried that the end of the main set is going to be lacking something without Streets) I'm willing to reserve judgment until I see what they've done.

Offline sbEdge

• Wanderer
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2018, 04:35:28 AM »
According to u2songs update today, HMTMKMKM is the pre-recorded intermission song and is not performed live. That's disappointing, I was really excited about hearing that live for the first time.

Offline boom boom

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2018, 05:38:03 AM »
According to u2songs update today, HMTMKMKM is the pre-recorded intermission song and is not performed live. That's disappointing, I was really excited about hearing that live for the first time.
this is getting lamer by the minute.  With a show that's not even long, to give 2 pre-recorded songs HMTMKMKM and LIAWHL is just lame.  Really disappointing.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 05:40:46 AM by boom boom »

Offline laoghaire

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2018, 05:46:41 AM »
Ugh! I'm fine with a pre-recorded LIAWHL but a recorded HMTMKMKM is beyond lame.

Offline bass slap

• Running to Stand Still
  • Hot as a hair dryer.. In your face!
« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2018, 05:47:37 AM »
Wow lighten up guys.. judge the show once you've seen it. HMKMKMTM is great on record, but always sounded a bit too naked and stripped down live. It's the perfect replacement for the fly intermission on innocence tour.

The soi songs are effectively rarities in that they have only been played 1 tour, and likely to be the last tour they ever get played.

Offline laoghaire

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2018, 05:51:29 AM »
PITCHFORKS!!!!!

Offline boom boom

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2018, 05:52:00 AM »
Wow lighten up guys.. judge the show once you've seen it. HMKMKMTM is great on record, but always sounded a bit too naked and stripped down live. It's the perfect replacement for the fly intermission on innocence tour.

The soi songs are effectively rarities in that they have only been played 1 tour, and likely to be the last tour they ever get played.

Heard HMTMKMKM live on both Popmart and 360.  Really killer live for me.  Sorry don't agree with you on SOI songs being rarities and I don't think most people will.  Nothing against them, it was the highlight for me on the I&E tour, but already heard them so no need to rehash so quickly.  It would be better to replace that hold stretch of 6 songs from I will Follow to RBW and replace them with another 6 to make an already weak setlist stronger.