Author Topic: ***SPOILERS - set list update- SPOILERS***  (Read 5778 times)

Offline bass slap

• Running to Stand Still
  • Hot as a hair dryer.. In your face!
Re: ***SPOILERS - set list update- SPOILERS***
« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2018, 05:56:08 AM »
Streets just goes through the motions after the intro and build up. I'd happily go to the bar after the first 2 minutes of that song. They have alternatives they can use to pick people up in that slot. This is a band that has the tools to deliver a gut punch when they need to, and have a team of pro's working with them directing the show, refining the set list and ensuring the flow and feel is perfect. There's nothing to fear, this will be another professional state of the art production with great sounding songs.

They always play a heavy percentage of hits and war horses, so expect big repitition from previous tours.. this is what they've been doing for 25 years now and that won't change.

Offline bass slap

• Running to Stand Still
  • Hot as a hair dryer.. In your face!
« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2018, 06:02:37 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Wow lighten up guys.. judge the show once you've seen it. HMKMKMTM is great on record, but always sounded a bit too naked and stripped down live. It's the perfect replacement for the fly intermission on innocence tour.

The soi songs are effectively rarities in that they have only been played 1 tour, and likely to be the last tour they ever get played.

Heard HMTMKMKM live on both Popmart and 360.  Really killer live for me.  Sorry don't agree with you on SOI songs being rarities and I don't think most people will.  Nothing against them, it was the highlight for me on the I&E tour, but already heard them so no need to rehash so quickly.  It would be better to replace that hold stretch of 6 songs from I will Follow to RBW and replace them with another 6 to make an already weak setlist stronger.

Don't get me wrong, rather hear hmkmkmtm live over any or most soi or many repetitive hits, just unlikely to be a highlight for me, prefer the recorded version. Saw it live at pop Mart and was good, but not the show highlight.

Know what you mean about soi, not true rarities that's why I said 'effectively'. For those who go to 1 show per tour (me) then you're highly unlikely to better these songs played more than twice. Compared to say pride or streets which have been guaranteed for every tour/show so far.

Offline trevgreg

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2018, 06:22:30 AM »
Know what you mean about soi, not true rarities that's why I said 'effectively'. For those who go to 1 show per tour (me) then you're highly unlikely to better these songs played more than twice. Compared to say pride or streets which have been guaranteed for every tour/show so far.

Someone over on Interference once said "It's not a rarity if I've heard it before." Not exactly an inclusive way of looking at it there.

Offline Argo

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Don't let the bastards grind you down
« Reply #48 on: May 01, 2018, 07:07:15 AM »
I wonder if HMTMKMKM is this tour's version of The Fly from I&E. I loved how they showed that in the Paris concert DVD with Bono singing but the rest pre recorded. Query of HMTMKMKM would work as well but just throwing it out there that this is how it might be used. Might tie in with the McPhisto references coming out too.

Offline andyc2111

• Babyface
« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2018, 07:38:53 AM »
No, no, no, no, no......this is ridiculous news!

Letís hope the macphisto and HM, TM isnít pre-recorded......what are they thinking at the moment?

Offline garyu2

• Stateless
« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2018, 07:57:52 AM »
But he still said 75% new setlist. Don't know what to make of that.

There's quite a few people that aren't happy with that statement (though we'd love it to be true). Yeah, Bono lies, we know it & take everything he says about tours with a grain of salt. But not Willie! This is new, & not good. It's either that, or 11 repeated songs only make up 25% of the setlist. Which means we're in for a 44 song show, sweet!  ;)

Itís hard to tell so Iím going to assume you know that U2 wonít be playing a 44 song set list.

Offline laoghaire

• Staring at the Sun
  • Will you be back tomorrow?
« Reply #51 on: May 01, 2018, 07:58:48 AM »
Anything MacPhisto will be recorded. Bono will never play MacPhisto again.

I love MacPhisto but I don't see where he or HMTM fit in narratively.

Offline Argo

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Don't let the bastards grind you down
« Reply #52 on: May 01, 2018, 08:09:11 AM »
I don't for a second think Bono will dress up as MacPhisto but it does seem you are going to get a line or 2 from Bono whether live or pre-recorded that has some sort of MacPhisto references or connotations. And given it supposedly relates to HMTMKMKM I am thinking it could be the intermission section.

Offline andyc2111

• Babyface
« Reply #53 on: May 01, 2018, 08:19:52 AM »
the macphisto thing I can handle being pre-recorded, but total waste if they donít play HM, TM live. I think it fits perfectly with this tour - isnít the song all about fame, the trappings of fame - a cautionary tale, a song of experience?

Offline Swan269

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • I will sing a new song
« Reply #54 on: May 01, 2018, 09:01:31 AM »
Hard to see why Little Things and Red Flag day aren't in this mix, they seem like real good live tunes.  I hope that they don't drop the rare songs by the time they get to Atlanta.

Offline laoghaire

• Staring at the Sun
  • Will you be back tomorrow?
« Reply #55 on: May 01, 2018, 12:35:54 PM »
Acrobat is back.

But not Little Things.

Offline Jswallow

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #56 on: May 01, 2018, 12:46:57 PM »
Hard to see why Little Things and Red Flag day aren't in this mix, they seem like real good live tunes.  I hope that they don't drop the rare songs by the time they get to Atlanta.
Maybe they are keeping Summer of love & Red flag day for the European shows as they are more fitting with the Mediterranean crisis & drop American soul

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Offline Conor74

• Wanderer
« Reply #57 on: May 01, 2018, 01:28:20 PM »
A really puzzling set. Iíll reserve judgement but wow, the whole innocence narrative seems locked in. Did not see that coming. And dropping streets just isnít cricket. Bet you it finds its way back in after a few shows.

Offline bjkrober

• Babyface
« Reply #58 on: May 01, 2018, 02:41:36 PM »
"Locking In" the I+e section is flat out L-A-Z-Y!  A big percentage of the e+i attendees saw i+e.  We don't care to see it again.  It was the low-light of that show and it will be an even dimmer low-light of this show.  After ignoring the NLOTH songs after 360, I was hoping they would do the same with the i+e songs.  At least they haven't been rehearsing the Miracle....  -Rarities and longer sets- LOL!!  I love this band like no other and just wish they'd take a more "rock n roll" approach to this stuff. 

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #59 on: May 01, 2018, 04:19:22 PM »
I like the chosen IE songs. The two main ones are gone. Miracle and EBW.