Author Topic: ***SPOILERS - set list update- SPOILERS***  (Read 5785 times)

Offline EdgeUK8_my_mind

• Desert Rose
  • I need you to elevate me here
Re: ***SPOILERS - set list update- SPOILERS***
« Reply #60 on: May 01, 2018, 05:02:57 PM »
My suggestion if they have to drop Streets from some shows is to alternate COBL and Streets to start the encore. It would work well there. Likely Acrobat will rotate and a few others will. At least I hope this, having tickets to the second night in DC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saint22

« Reply #61 on: May 02, 2018, 07:33:39 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Anything MacPhisto will be recorded. Bono will never play MacPhisto again.

I love MacPhisto but I don't see where he or HMTM fit in narratively.

I think both fit the 'Experience' theme. HMTM is about being a rock star. If the break is intended to be a shift from Innocence to Experience, it makes perfect sense to me.

Saint22

« Reply #62 on: May 02, 2018, 03:21:17 PM »
I don't know why people keep saying the expect Acrobat to be rotated. The band has to understand that it would incredibility unfair and disrespectful to play THE most requested song they have only at some shows. I will be very disappointed in them if they do this. You want to rotate in All Because Of You or Until The End? Do it someplace else. Those songs had their day -- UTEOTW has had many of them.

It would be so tone deaf to acknowledge a fan vote, but only for some shows.

Offline KMciver81

• Babyface
« Reply #63 on: May 02, 2018, 03:32:47 PM »
"It would be so tone deaf to acknowledge a fan vote, but only for some shows."

I've tried to retire from the pass time of critiquing and second-guessing U2's setlist construction, but I have to agree with this. I'm only slated to see one show right now (Vegas 2) and I'd be severely irked if I missed Acrobat. All or nothing with a nugget like that.

Saint22

« Reply #64 on: May 02, 2018, 03:36:15 PM »
"It would be so tone deaf to acknowledge a fan vote, but only for some shows."

I've tried to retire from the pass time of critiquing and second-guessing U2's setlist construction, but I have to agree with this. I'm only slated to see one show right now (Vegas 2) and I'd be severely irked if I missed Acrobat. All or nothing with a nugget like that.

EXACTLY, my friend. It is too important and is too much of a 'thing' at this point to dangle it out there and then jerk it away. I've already missed Your Blue Room and A Sort Of Homecoming by a matter of days; if the same thing happens with Acrobat, I am going be VERY unhappy.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 03:39:01 PM by Saint22 »

Offline jonnydeaf

• Stateless
« Reply #65 on: May 02, 2018, 05:40:01 PM »
I'll make a wild prediction that "Red Flag Day" could be the fan/guitar song on occasion as the chords are very simple.  It's only four of them and they can be played in the same pattern throughout the song.  So, learn the four chords, wait in line, and mention you know how to play "Red Flag Day."

Then, break into Acrobat and force the song to be played on tour. ;)

Offline World71R

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • It's no secret ambition bites the nails of success
« Reply #66 on: May 02, 2018, 10:26:59 PM »
My suggestion if they have to drop Streets from some shows is to alternate COBL and Streets to start the encore. It would work well there. Likely Acrobat will rotate and a few others will. At least I hope this, having tickets to the second night in DC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope they don't rotate Acrobat, as it would be an amazing setlist staple, but you could alternate COBL, UTEOTW, and Elevation. COBL and Elevation are especially overplayed and could be replaced by other tunes.

Offline Argo

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Don't let the bastards grind you down
« Reply #67 on: May 02, 2018, 11:34:18 PM »
It would be very sad if they rotate Acrobat having never played it before this tour. Would feel quite bad for people that missed it. Given the lead in stuff Bono does with it, I tend to think they are more likely to keep it as a mainstay though, at least in the US.

Offline Swan269

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • I will sing a new song
« Reply #68 on: May 03, 2018, 05:25:39 AM »
they could rotate All because of you with another song.  As I write this though, it sounded like they kicked ass on this song last night.

Offline laoghaire

• Staring at the Sun
  • Will you be back tomorrow?
« Reply #69 on: May 03, 2018, 05:57:21 AM »
they could rotate All because of you with another song.  As I write this though, it sounded like they kicked ass on this song last night.

This is by far my least favorite song on the setlist but even to me it had a nice ring to it live last night.

Offline laoghaire

• Staring at the Sun
  • Will you be back tomorrow?
« Reply #70 on: May 03, 2018, 06:01:57 AM »
This is my first time following a tour opening - reading comments, following rehearsals/setlist.

Everybody was whining and complaining (me too - LittleThings!!).

Those of us listening to the show last night forgot about our complaints.

I don't know if said complaints will start up again this morning, but if you were in the moment, you were having a great time, and they managed to pull it off again.