Author Topic: *POSSIBLE SPOILERS* Rehearsed Song  (Read 822 times)

Offline U2FlyXC

• Stranger in a Strange Land
*POSSIBLE SPOILERS* Rehearsed Song
« on: May 20, 2018, 04:02:39 PM »
So, if I remember correctly, U2 rehearsed The Fly during the 1st day of soundcheck but never touched it afterwards. Why is this? I believe it (and The Showman) were the only songs that were toyed around with but ended up not being played live thus far.

Do you think U2 is saving it as a surprise or did they just scrap it? Maybe the edge was just messing around and they never planned on playing it, I know Bono can't "play" the guitar like he used to for the fly so maybe that's why they don't want to?

I feel like the fly would be perfect for this tour, especially right around Acrobat. Imagine a full band version of it with the text barrage on the big screen. I know it was used as the intermission song during the 2015 tour but I don't count that haha. I figure they could do some cool stuff with AR with the song as well.

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 04:22:08 PM by U2FlyXC »

Offline SwimmingSorrows

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • Some folks are bound for glory, I was Born to Hang
Re: *POSSIBLE SPOILERS* Rehearsed Song
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2018, 09:01:16 PM »
I thought it was said at the time that they would never be able to play the song again because of Bono's bike crash.  However, Bono didn't play guitar when they did this live on the Zoo TV tour, and I don't think I ever noticed his guitar part when they did it later.

Offline redapple129

• Wanderer
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2018, 10:23:14 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I thought it was said at the time that they would never be able to play the song again because of Bono's bike crash.  However, Bono didn't play guitar when they did this live on the Zoo TV tour, and I don't think I ever noticed his guitar part when they did it later.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login He's playing it in Sydney. On 360 he was still playing it; down in the mix, sure, but not entirely inaudible. But yeah, I don't see why they couldn't just make it one more guitar part in the backing track.

Offline gregbonoman

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2018, 09:02:30 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login Bono did not play guitar on The Fly on the Elevation Tour.  Still sounded great!

Offline dezmaas

• Stateless
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2018, 09:43:32 AM »

Bono did play guitar on The Fly on Zoo TV as well as 360 and Vertigo. The Elevation Tour was where he didn’t play.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 09:45:27 AM by dezmaas »

Saint22

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2018, 12:02:23 PM »

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login He's playing it in Sydney. On 360 he was still playing it; down in the mix, sure, but not entirely inaudible. But yeah, I don't see why they couldn't just make it one more guitar part in the backing track.

He didn't play guitar on The Fly on Elevation.