Author Topic: 2019 subscriber gift  (Read 20012 times)

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
Re: 2019 subscriber gift
« Reply #75 on: November 02, 2019, 09:09:54 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
First impression of the audio: I kind of wish theyíd just recorded a straight show (or 2)...Iím not a big fan of each track fading out/in.

The sound itself is good though. A few songs in, and Iíd never have known it was recorded over different shows/tours/years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Also, I think thereís an argument to be made that the track lists of each disc improve on those of the studio albums. It would be interesting to adjust the studio albums to match.

Offline singnomore

• Administrator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • These city lights, they shine as silver and gold
« Reply #76 on: November 02, 2019, 01:29:58 PM »
Received. Really didnít expect it to be that size! Itíll have to go on a shelf somewhere.

I ripped it, will probably play tomorrow.

As in itís big or small??

Big! At least bigger than a typical CD set. None of the images Iíd seen made the size apparent. Itís not gonna fit in my CD boxes.

Ah right - Iíve seen some images but size isnít obvious - thanks

Offline NotComingDown

• Refugee
  • Now my username is in two songs! Thanks, Levitate.
« Reply #77 on: November 02, 2019, 10:21:35 PM »
Got it today. Beautiful physical package. 20+ pages of photos. Audio quality is great. Some great versions of these songs. But...

Crystal Ballroom is edited. ~a minute was cut, the Miss You snippet and banter-y bits.
On 13, Bono is pitch-corrected to hell. Like, Rose Bowl MLK bad.

So as a package, thing this is nice. As a document of these shows, it's rubbish.

[edit] actually, Crystal Ballroom is a frankensteined nightmare. On the original show (July 14th, Boston, the one this allegedly is), the Miss You snippet was the outro. On this, they actually spliced on the outro from the Chicago performance. I'm NOT kidding.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2019, 10:28:37 PM by NotComingDown »

Offline laoghaire

• Staring at the Sun
  • Will you be back tomorrow?
« Reply #78 on: November 03, 2019, 05:24:57 AM »
I haven't heard it yet.

I don't know how sad I am about Bono blather being edited out. Sounds like a win to me.

Pitch correction sucks. Did he not ever sing 13 decently? I mean, having bad nights is fine, but surely they had one decent performance? I heard it live but I couldn't tell you how well he sang it for my show. (It was theatrically beautiful though).

Offline parkman

• Wanderer
  • His love is continually teaching me how to kneel.
« Reply #79 on: November 04, 2019, 11:00:55 AM »
I haven't heard it yet.

I don't know how sad I am about Bono blather being edited out. Sounds like a win to me.

Pitch correction sucks. Did he not ever sing 13 decently? I mean, having bad nights is fine, but surely they had one decent performance? I heard it live but I couldn't tell you how well he sang it for my show. (It was theatrically beautiful though).

Sounds like he sang it pretty well to me! This is a fan recording of that same performance You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline pan360

• Wanderer
  • The universe is beautiful but cold
« Reply #80 on: November 07, 2019, 05:40:22 AM »
Got it today. Beautiful physical package. 20+ pages of photos. Audio quality is great. Some great versions of these songs. But...

Crystal Ballroom is edited. ~a minute was cut, the Miss You snippet and banter-y bits.
On 13, Bono is pitch-corrected to hell. Like, Rose Bowl MLK bad.

So as a package, thing this is nice. As a document of these shows, it's rubbish.

[edit] actually, Crystal Ballroom is a frankensteined nightmare. On the original show (July 14th, Boston, the one this allegedly is), the Miss You snippet was the outro. On this, they actually spliced on the outro from the Chicago performance. I'm NOT kidding.
I was just listening to the Crystal Ballroom downloaded from u2.com since my gift hasn't arrived as yet. It really sounds great. I haven't heard the original recordings from Chicago or Boston and I won't bother to search for them. I can't tell if it's edited or not. As long as the end result sounds great that's all it matters to me. I still hope for Lucifer's Hands as a bonus track.

Offline shorne

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • Two crap albums in a row and we're done...
« Reply #81 on: November 11, 2019, 05:53:10 PM »
go it.  like it.  But they ruined Crystal Ballroom.  i was at that show... what they put on the cd is an edited piece of sh**e that does in now way resemble the experience had on the night of July 14, 2015.  sadly, this was the track i was looking forward to.  ugh.

Offline pan360

• Wanderer
« Reply #82 on: November 24, 2019, 03:56:22 AM »
Finally received it. I had started believing that it would be the size of U22 but it is just the size of a 7 inch vinyl. It is beautiful. No need to listen to the CDs as I have already listened all songs downloaded from U2.com. In my playlist I have added Ordinary Love from the Tonight Show and Luciferís Hands, live from Chicago.  So, the collection is now complete!

Offline AchtungPop

• Staring at the Sun
  • Walk On
« Reply #83 on: November 25, 2019, 10:06:14 AM »
How long did it take everyone to get theirs after the e-mail? My e-mail came a month ago. I moved in late July and it was sent to my old address (even though I updated my address before it was shipped, they sent it to my old one). My mail is forwarded, so hopefully it comes.

Offline superdragtn

• Babyface
« Reply #84 on: November 25, 2019, 12:51:33 PM »
The same thing has happened to me three times.  Luckily one time the post office forwarded it since it was shipped with USPS.  It took a little while longer and I had to pay additional postage.  The latest one was shipped via UPS but luckily I had just moved to a different apartment in the same complex so the apartment office was able to intercept it.  I don't think UPS is aware of address forwarding with USPS so you might want to try to contact whoever is living at your old place.  From what I can tell, whatever address you have listed at the time you sign up for renewal of your membership is the one they'll ship the fan club gift to no matter how soon thereafter you update your address.

You could also contact Customer Service.  One time they just sent me another one but it was the lithograph year so I don't think there was high demand.

Offline habib2343

• Stateless
« Reply #85 on: November 26, 2019, 03:36:58 PM »
now the highlights from ie/ei have been released, what ablout live album of all the other tracks from theri career that they played over the last 4 years ?

Title 'In between Innocence and Experieince'

Disc 1.
1. The Electric Co
2. Gloria
3. I Will Follow
4. Vertigo
5. Sunday Bloody Sunday ( JT version )
6. New Years Day ( JT)
7.Until the End of the World
8. Magnificent
9.Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
10. Stay
11. Dirty Day

Disc 2.
1. Beautiful Day
2. Zoo Station
3. The Fly
4. Exit
5. Acrobat
6. Bullet the Blue Sky (JT)
7. Even Better Than The Real Thing
8.Mysterious Ways
9. One
10.Elevation
11. One Tree Hill

Offline hollywoodswag

• Refugee
« Reply #86 on: November 29, 2019, 11:27:49 AM »
A bunch of those were on U22. I'd add A Sort of Homecoming, Running to Stand Still, Trip Through Your Wires, Mothers of the Disappeared, All Because of You, Desire, and Staring At the Sun, and I'd pull I Will Follow (there are hordes of live versions of it already), Magnificent (U22's version is spectacular), Sunday Bloody Sunday, New Years Day, The Fly, One, and probably Until the End of the World or Mysterious Ways. I know there are several versions of Vertigo and Elevation, but they seem to tinker with the arrangements enough to keep them fresh (I'd use the E&I version of Elevation with the Influx remix intro).

Offline jc619er

• Numb
« Reply #87 on: December 09, 2019, 10:37:56 AM »
Even though they did a few things wrong on this release, I like it overall. Sound quality is great and nice to have quality live versions of the new songs. Now just hoping that they do like U22 and the next fan club release is the songs from the two tours that they left off this. Another Edge's picks.

Offline K2

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • light my way
« Reply #88 on: December 18, 2019, 06:53:46 PM »
I just got an email saying that my subscription finishes in 30 days. "Re-subscribe today and pay $40 instead of $50 to receive a copy of the limited edition double CD set iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Live, 2015 & 2018."

However, they had already notified me in October 2019 that the 2CD set was shipped.... to my old address! I contacted them at that time by phone and asked them to ship to the correct address and forgot all about it - until I got the renewal email today.

Given how little help being a member has been in obtaining tickets - and the likelihood that they won't tour again until they release another album, so it could be years - maybe I won't renew (gasp!) but it would be nice to at least get the 2019 gift.

Offline pan360

• Wanderer
« Reply #89 on: December 19, 2019, 04:29:37 AM »
Given how little help being a member has been in obtaining tickets - and the likelihood that they won't tour again until they release another album, so it could be years - maybe I won't renew (gasp!) but it would be nice to at least get the 2019 gift.
My subscription expires in a couple of days and I don't plan to renew until a new interesting gift for 2020 is announced.