Author Topic: 2019 subscriber gift  (Read 8504 times)

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
Re: 2019 subscriber gift
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2019, 08:31:11 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Here’s my concern: they haven’t released the track list, and a double album that encompasses two tours means there’s not enough room for two full sets. They’ve only mentioned songs from the two albums the tours supported. Does this mean the set will only have the new songs? What about Acrobat? And the new version of NYD is on the record store day release...not included on this set, then?

I may yet subscribe to get the set, but I’m bracing myself to be disappointed when some songs aren’t included.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They will probably make us vote again, it will be contentious. Hopefully they give us the leftover as a download like they did on Edge's Picks.

Offline bwm231163

• Stateless
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2019, 01:51:31 PM »
They will probably make us vote again, it will be contentious.

"iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE" means "iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE", and we're going to make a success of it!

Offline Number1U2fan

• Party Girl/Boy
  • "we're one..but we're not the same..."
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2019, 11:22:08 AM »
where is this gift!!!!! Does anyone know when they being shipped out??!?!?!??!!

Offline JonD

• Stateless
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2019, 02:51:26 PM »
where is this gift!!!!! Does anyone know when they being shipped out??!?!?!??!!

Based off history I don’t think it will be shipping anytime soon. I hope I’m wrong but there has been some seriously long delays for previous gifts. I really hope it comes out soon...with Acrobat.

Jon

Jon

Offline jc619er

• Numb
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2019, 01:43:55 PM »
I'm guessing we will start seeing it end of May early June. I hope earlier, but highly doubtful.

Offline dwaltman

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2019, 11:21:01 AM »
I wonder how long the tracklist will be?  We have 4 songs to download now.  Excellent quality, imo.  Looking forward to the rest.  Sill waiting for that 2017 Joshua Tree film too.

Offline Karmamalaga

• Wanderer
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2019, 05:07:59 AM »
U2.com has Always been a total failure to me. I have only used it to be able to try to secure a ticket, without a care in the World for their merchandice: do your sixty year old fans still need T-shirts?

It was the same during the Propaganda time. My father payed 270FRF in bank fees for my membership. I still hav the proof.

I am waiting for due merchandize, but instead of suing, I am Writing this down. Poof! I feel better!  :D

Offline habib2343

• Wanderer
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2019, 12:58:30 PM »
I'm still waiting for my gift- what on earth is going on ? Are they planning on releasing it just before the tour starts in November 2019...i just phoned customer support and they said the item is ' on hold' along with 6000 other people !!!

I could've asked for my money back but id rather have the album....the guy said he'll escalate it and then you don't hear anything...lads whats going on....ABEL, get on it....i want my live album set....

Offline Tortuga

• Party Girl/Boy
2019 subscriber gift
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2019, 03:21:51 PM »
Honestly those club things (for any big and famous band, not just U2) just smack of fan abuse to me.  Paying for the opportunity to maybe get better seats?  Calling the “premium” item a gift when you’re paying $50?  Never have understood how a big successful band making millions of dollars can do that to its fans.  For small struggling bands I get it.  Its an opportunity to be a patron of the arts.  Nothing wrong with that.  But bands like U2...kind of shameful in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline kevtn43

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2019, 10:03:05 AM »
I can't wait to see and hear this

Offline jgrooms

• Stateless
  • Hello
« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2019, 11:44:38 AM »
You all realize Live Nation runs the fan club, not U2. 

Offline Tortuga

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2019, 06:52:26 PM »
You all realize Live Nation runs the fan club, not U2.

You realize that U2 contracted with Live Nation knowing full well how they operate.

Offline jgrooms

• Stateless
  • Hello
« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2019, 05:13:28 PM »
You realize there aren't very many companies who manage fan clubs and it may actually be in U2's contract they have to use them.  It just seems everyone seems to think U2 sits around and is involved in the day to day operations of most of this stuff. Honestly, about they only thing they get involved with are things like, "what picture do you want on the cover of this fan album? Ok great, thanks Bono". 
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 05:16:21 PM by jgrooms »

Offline Tortuga

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2019, 09:39:28 PM »
I think U2, being one of the most successful rock bands in history, could do the fan club any way they want to if they really cared about it.  Look at how Pearl Jam has taken control of their business in the interest of their fans.  I very much doubt U2 is as uninvolved in their business as you suggest.  They have in fact been known for being very saavy throughout their career, for example, their re-negotiation with Island in 1984.  They are not a popstar record label creation that does little more than choose photos.  This is a band that has had control of its business and created a minor industry.  Even outside the music business they have multiplied their wealth through investments such as Elevation Partners and real estate.

Offline jgrooms

• Stateless
  • Hello
« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2019, 04:18:25 PM »
All I am saying is they are not involved in the mundane day-to-day details everyone is always complaining about on here.  Crappy customer service, slow shipping, etc.  Bono is not walking through the call center giving performance reviews.  The band give creative direction and move on to other things.  They aren't running these things day to day.  Could they set up their own?  Probably but it wouldn't be as cost effective and managing costs and investing wisely is how (as you pointed out) they have become wealthy on top of their music success.  And if there is one thing I have learned over the years about fans is that they are never all happy.  Someone is always all twisted up about something.  Personally, the fan club has its faults but I'm much more in favor of them outsourcing it (even if its crappier) so they can work on music, not dealing with fan club issues.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 04:25:25 PM by jgrooms »