Author Topic: 2019 subscriber gift  (Read 8519 times)

Offline Tortuga

• Party Girl/Boy
Re: 2019 subscriber gift
« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2019, 06:51:40 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
All I am saying is they are not involved in the mundane day-to-day details everyone is always complaining about on here.  Crappy customer service, slow shipping, etc.  Bono is not walking through the call center giving performance reviews.  The band give creative direction and move on to other things.  They aren't running these things day to day.  Could they set up their own?  Probably but it wouldn't be as cost effective and managing costs and investing wisely is how (as you pointed out) they have become wealthy on top of their music success.  And if there is one thing I have learned over the years about fans is that they are never all happy.  Someone is always all twisted up about something.  Personally, the fan club has its faults but I'm much more in favor of them outsourcing it (even if its crappier) so they can work on music, not dealing with fan club issues.
My point was why do they do it at all.  Its a money grab taking advantage of people they so “appreciate” for “giving them a great life”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline habib2343

• Wanderer
« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2019, 01:52:10 PM »
They must be holding back to coincide with the Australiasian leg of the JT tour this fall....that said if they still don't release it by then, i want my money back...

disappointing Lads, disappointing....seems you'd rather i get my fix off youtube..

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
« Reply #47 on: July 22, 2019, 11:56:22 AM »
Y’all catch the full track list? It’s on the U2 website, but you need to log in as a member to see it.

If you wanted to only hear live versions of songs from the last two albums (and a couple of non-album tracks), you’ll love it. If you were hoping for something like a live version of Acrobat, well, you’re not gonna be thrilled.

Offline dwaltman

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #48 on: July 22, 2019, 12:07:40 PM »
Y’all catch the full track list? It’s on the U2 website, but you need to log in as a member to see it.

If you wanted to only hear live versions of songs from the last two albums (and a couple of non-album tracks), you’ll love it. If you were hoping for something like a live version of Acrobat, well, you’re not gonna be thrilled.

I was thrilled until you reminded me that Acrobat wasn't on it.  Oh well, happy to have SOI and SOE live. 

Offline The Fly

• Stateless
« Reply #49 on: July 23, 2019, 09:44:28 AM »
I have a feeling they'll use the other songs for a later gift. 2020 will be the older live tracks from I + E tours (Acrobat, Gloria, etc.). 2021 will be something with the Joshua Tree. Just my prediction.

Offline laoghaire

• Staring at the Sun
  • Will you be back tomorrow?
« Reply #50 on: July 23, 2019, 08:05:58 PM »

I was thrilled until you reminded me that Acrobat wasn't on it.  Oh well, happy to have SOI and SOE live.

This is me.

"I'm only interested in the SOI/E songs. I don't need another version of One or SBS."

"... oh wait, Acrobat? CRAP."

Wish they just stuck it on the E disc as a bonus track.

Offline ian ryan

• Global Moderator
  • Child of Grace
  • Don't worry, baby, it'll be alright
« Reply #51 on: July 23, 2019, 11:39:50 PM »

This is me.

"I'm only interested in the SOI/E songs. I don't need another version of One or SBS."

"... oh wait, Acrobat? CRAP."

Wish they just stuck it on the E disc as a bonus track.

They have been known to release bonus tracks as downloads on U2.com. Fingers crossed. Or better yet, finally release the e+i concert movie.

Offline jc619er

• Numb
« Reply #52 on: July 24, 2019, 10:18:31 AM »
I'm never mad at an officially released live U2 album, but I can't say I'm not disappointed by not seeing Acrobat, the new version of New Year's Day, 40 or Bad on here. Here's to hoping they give us a follow up like they did with 360 tour fan club release.

Offline Droo

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • don't expect, suggest
« Reply #53 on: July 24, 2019, 06:03:59 PM »
Lucifer's Hands is the only SoI song they performed that isn't getting on the disc? Bummer. I thought it was great in Montreal when they debuted it. Certainly better than the wobbly Crystal Ballroom.

Offline Argo

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Don't let the bastards grind you down
« Reply #54 on: July 24, 2019, 07:59:44 PM »
Happy to have this but a shame there aren't more songs. The 360 Tour version of this was/is awesome and is something like 40 tracks. Hopefully there are some extra downloads, primarily Acrobat of course. But why make us wait what will be many more months to get a physical CD. Let us download it now. Not sure I have anything to play a CD on anymore. I seriously cant remember the last CD I bought or played. Use as a drinks coaster maybe.

Offline ian ryan

• Global Moderator
  • Child of Grace
  • Don't worry, baby, it'll be alright
« Reply #55 on: July 24, 2019, 10:00:16 PM »
I'm never mad at an officially released live U2 album, but I can't say I'm not disappointed by not seeing Acrobat, the new version of New Year's Day, 40 or Bad on here. Here's to hoping they give us a follow up like they did with 360 tour fan club release.

To be fair, they did release the new version of NYD on the Europa EP, so they may think that's been taken care of.

Offline pan360

• Wanderer
  • The universe is beautiful but cold
« Reply #56 on: July 25, 2019, 01:30:35 AM »
Happy to hear the track list. Pretty clear that it would include only songs from SOI and SOE. I was afraid that it would not include songs that were only played a couple of times. But where is Lucifer's Hands?  Why excluded? Hopefully it  will be offered as a bonus download.

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
« Reply #57 on: July 25, 2019, 04:54:01 PM »

To be fair, they did release the new version of NYD on the Europa EP, so they may think that's been taken care of.

I know they released it for RSD, but it doesn’t help those of us who don’t have a turntable. I’m all for releasing rare vinyl for collectors who want physical stuff, but I’d buy the download in a heartbeat if they offered it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline jc619er

• Numb
« Reply #58 on: July 26, 2019, 12:13:45 PM »

I know they released it for RSD, but it doesn’t help those of us who don’t have a turntable. I’m all for releasing rare vinyl for collectors who want physical stuff, but I’d buy the download in a heartbeat if they offered it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Completely agree with all of this. I even have a turntable, but would gladly buy the download since I listen more to stuff on my phone or in my car than sitting down on my couch to pile into a record that really I just want to hear one song.

Offline Panama Jack

• Wanderer
« Reply #59 on: July 30, 2019, 09:56:58 PM »
This is a complete stab in the dark, but is there anyone who has subscribed to U2.com who will get these CDs but doesn't want them?  I don't want to shell out $50, but I'd be happy to pay something for them. Please pm me if this is a possibility.