Author Topic: 2019 subscriber gift  (Read 8509 times)

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
Re: 2019 subscriber gift
« Reply #60 on: August 01, 2019, 08:26:23 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
This is a complete stab in the dark, but is there anyone who has subscribed to U2.com who will get these CDs but doesn't want them?  I don't want to shell out $50, but I'd be happy to pay something for them. Please pm me if this is a possibility.   

They will show up on eBay and discogs.

Offline ian ryan

• Global Moderator
  • Child of Grace
  • Don't worry, baby, it'll be alright
« Reply #61 on: August 03, 2019, 10:24:09 AM »
I'm never mad at an officially released live U2 album, but I can't say I'm not disappointed by not seeing Acrobat, the new version of New Year's Day, 40 or Bad on here. Here's to hoping they give us a follow up like they did with 360 tour fan club release.

To be fair, they did release the new version of NYD on the Europa EP, so they may think that's been taken care of.

I know they released it for RSD, but it doesnít help those of us who donít have a turntable. Iím all for releasing rare vinyl for collectors who want physical stuff, but Iíd buy the download in a heartbeat if they offered it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree 100%, but I donít think thatís how the band view it. I remember someone asking Bono why they didnít release more live albums, and he responded that they think that their concert videos are their live albums. I think the band take a more holistic view to their releases. If they release a song or performance, theyíve released it in their mind. It doesnít matter if itís vinyl or video or downloaded or whatever. Theyíve released it. I would love for them to release all their art in as many forms as possible, but I donít think thatís how they view it.

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
« Reply #62 on: August 03, 2019, 11:25:12 AM »
I'm never mad at an officially released live U2 album, but I can't say I'm not disappointed by not seeing Acrobat, the new version of New Year's Day, 40 or Bad on here. Here's to hoping they give us a follow up like they did with 360 tour fan club release.

To be fair, they did release the new version of NYD on the Europa EP, so they may think that's been taken care of.

I know they released it for RSD, but it doesnít help those of us who donít have a turntable. Iím all for releasing rare vinyl for collectors who want physical stuff, but Iíd buy the download in a heartbeat if they offered it.

I agree 100%, but I donít think thatís how the band view it. I remember someone asking Bono why they didnít release more live albums, and he responded that they think that their concert videos are their live albums. I think the band take a more holistic view to their releases. If they release a song or performance, theyíve released it in their mind. It doesnít matter if itís vinyl or video or downloaded or whatever. Theyíve released it. I would love for them to release all their art in as many forms as possible, but I donít think thatís how they view it.

And thatís fair. I especially understand the idea that the video releases take care of the ďliveĒ itch fans may have. I just donít particularly like the idea of releasing audio on vinyl only. Itís their prerogative to do so, but I tend to view vinyl as more of a packaging/fetishist interest. Give the folks that experience who want itóI consider myself more a fan of the music, not the physical package that contains it. A download available on iTunes or their own website could easily satisfy those of us who want to enjoy the music without having to buy a turntable to do so. Peter Gabriel recently did that with his ďRated PGĒ compilation, which was also a RSD vinyl release. Just my two cents, though.

Offline jc619er

• Numb
« Reply #63 on: September 13, 2019, 04:59:53 PM »
HAHA! Just got the "gift is delayed" email today. This is about to be the 2020 subscriber gift.