Author Topic: 2019 subscriber gift  (Read 19722 times)

Offline Tortuga

• Party Girl/Boy
Re: 2019 subscriber gift
« Reply #90 on: December 19, 2019, 07:35:34 AM »
Could we please just stop calling it a gift?  Its a $50 CD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline pan360

• Wanderer
  • The universe is beautiful but cold
« Reply #91 on: December 19, 2019, 09:13:52 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Could we please just stop calling it a gift?  Its a $50 CD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not always a cd also a vinyl, book, poster, etc. So, lets just call it a subscription bait

Offline Zimmy1987

• Wanderer
« Reply #92 on: December 19, 2019, 10:55:10 AM »
I just got an email saying that my subscription finishes in 30 days. "Re-subscribe today and pay $40 instead of $50 to receive a copy of the limited edition double CD set iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Live, 2015 & 2018."

However, they had already notified me in October 2019 that the 2CD set was shipped.... to my old address! I contacted them at that time by phone and asked them to ship to the correct address and forgot all about it - until I got the renewal email today.

Given how little help being a member has been in obtaining tickets - and the likelihood that they won't tour again until they release another album, so it could be years - maybe I won't renew (gasp!) but it would be nice to at least get the 2019 gift.

U2.com presented a solution when I reached out to them.

"So sorry for the confusion but you can renew you can renew your membership and then you can reach out to us to have your account added to a tracker when the new 2020 gift has been announced. This will allow us to ship the 2020 gift when it becomes available for shipping."

Offline Karmamalaga

• Wanderer
« Reply #93 on: January 04, 2020, 04:51:18 AM »
Hi 64ac30,
I checked my unread messages and clicked "subscriber gift".
Now tell me: what is the gift from you to me?
From me, I suggest that you listen to "From Me To You" by the Beatles.

Offline Billy Rhythm

• Wanderer
« Reply #94 on: January 09, 2020, 04:30:23 PM »
Could we please just stop calling it a gift?  Its a $50 CD

lol...

for those wanting to spend the $50 elsewhere, here's a youtube link:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  sound quality is pretty good but needs more bottom end, in my opinion...  Adam should be louder...  the two discs seem to compliment each other better than the two respective studio albums that they document...  the songs flow together much better without the ridiculous version of 'Sunday Bloody Sunday' or tired versions of 'Bullet The Blue Sky', that were performed on the tours...

The Edge had commented on how the 'iNNOCENCE' songs "sounded more masculine live" while discussing why they went back into the studio (without Bono at first) to rework the 'eXPERIENCE' album before release and this document displays exactly what he was talking about...  except, I don't think that it rings true for the 'eXPERIENCE' tracks which, in my opinion, sound beefier on the album...  most notably 'Lights of Home', among others...:-)

Offline K2

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • light my way
« Reply #95 on: February 05, 2020, 07:43:00 PM »
Just realized it's February 5 and I STILL HAVEN'T FOUND a 2019 Subscriber Gift in my mailbox. I have had correspondence from support@U2.com and customer_support@ticketmaster.com going back and forth since October 28 and still no gift. So while everyone is talking about what a gorgeous package it is... and whether Bono's voice is autotuned beyond recognition... I still don't have it. (Meanwhile, they are trying to get me to re-up for 2020. As if!)

Have to say it's annoying... I will not re-subscribe. I am trying not to let this unpleasant experience with the so-called "fan" club overlap into my feelings about the band and its music.

Offline Voldemar

• Wanderer
« Reply #96 on: February 13, 2020, 01:44:19 AM »
Totally agree - You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I still haven't recieved my 2CD gift since November 05, 2019 when it was shipped.
They (orderhelp@u2.com) also gave me a tracking number of the parcel, and this number was incorrect: "UPS could not locate the shipment details for this tracking number".
I asked about my parcel via u2.com/help on February 03, 2020, and still no responce.
My subscription expires on February 29, 2020, so if I don't get my 2CD or responce from u2.com till that date - I won't renew subscription.
I better buy a U2.com gift at Discogs.com or Ebay where sellers provide much better shipping service.
If U2 goes on tour - maybe I will pay 50 usd for a new subscription... maybe not... but I guess this can happen no earlier than 2021-2022... so I better save 40-80-120 usd for myself.

UPD 28.02.2020:
Today got an email from support@u2.com
"Hello,
Our sincerest apologies that your membership packet has yet to reach you!
We realize that you have been patiently waiting for quite some time so we are having another membership packet mailed out to you.
Could we trouble you to confirm your mailing address so that we can ensure that we have the correct address on file?
We will reship your package as soon as we hear back from you!
Current Shipping address: [my address].
Thanks so very much for your patience!
Please let us know if you have any questions or we can be of any further assistance at all.   
Sincerely, U2.com Team"
So I confirmed my postal address and now waiting again.
Good that U2.com Team finally answered after 2 my requests and promised to reship the gift.

UPD 02.03.2020:
Today got another email from support@u2.com:
"We have submitted a request to have your gift reshipped.
Please note that we are currently waiting to receive more inventory,
so shipping will unfortunately be delayed.
Once your gift is shipped, you will receive an email notification."
 ::)

UPD 17.05.2020:
Finally got it today (the reshipped one) !  8)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 09:23:00 AM by Voldemar »