Author Topic: Looooong Bono interview, Chicago, 6th Dec  (Read 4291 times)

Offline JTNash

• Numb
Re: Looooong Bono interview, Chicago, 6th Dec
« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2018, 09:53:55 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I am quite certain that Bono has ADHD.  I do not believe he has multiple personality disorder; that was a joke.  My boss has ADHD and exhibits similar compulsively organized traits.  It's a coping mechanism and seems to work quite well w/ Bono.
yup!  ADHD isnít all bad, we are creative and think fast and can hyper focus!  It just the way we are we donít know any different I donít see it as a bad thing.
 I think I relate to Bono because I identify with his personality or behaviors or the ADHD whatever it is

Offline shineinthesummernight

• Child of Grace
« Reply #46 on: December 23, 2018, 12:37:15 PM »
I can relate to him, too.  I don't really have ADHD, but am at the end of the normal continuum probably ;)

Offline Luzita

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #47 on: December 23, 2018, 02:37:15 PM »
Bono did say in the interview he had a multi-personality disorder.  This is known as Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID) and is a psychiatric disorder where more than two personalities try and take control of the individual's life. 
It can lead to forgetfulness/memory loss.
I really don't want to get into the causes that has led Bono to develop this trait (it may be something other than the death of Iris) - but it is something that stems from childhood.
That was definitely a joke. He has a very complex personality and is full of contradictions, but he doesnít have multiple personality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline summerholly

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #48 on: December 23, 2018, 05:58:27 PM »
Bono did say in the interview he had a multi-personality disorder.  This is known as Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID) and is a psychiatric disorder where more than two personalities try and take control of the individual's life. 
I really don't want to get into the causes that has led Bono to develop this trait (it may be something other than the death of Iris) - but it is something that stems from childhood.
That was definitely a joke. He has a very complex personality and is full of contradictions, but he doesnít have multiple personality.

No definitely not.  We can often have different personality elements within ourselves that we display to suit various social or work settings, I know I do, but true multiple personality disorder is a very serious medical condition and can be very debilitating and definitely not one that I have ever associated with Bono!.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2018, 06:07:59 PM by summerholly »

Offline 73October

• Staring at the Sun
  • Joy is an act of defiance
« Reply #49 on: December 24, 2018, 12:16:38 PM »

No definitely not.  We can often have different personality elements within ourselves that we display to suit various social or work settings, I know I do, but true multiple personality disorder is a very serious medical condition and can be very debilitating and definitely not one that I have ever associated with Bono!.

Me neither, which is why I was surprised when he said it.  He did appear to say it with seriousness and was candid.  So whatever his 'multi personality disorder' is, it is something that is part of him in some shape or form (as we all suspect).

• Child of Grace
« Reply #50 on: December 24, 2018, 11:34:24 PM »
I believe that Bono was just referring to the fact that he is often a contradiction in terms:  a braggart, yet insecure; a Christian, yet somewhat of a philistine; a musician, but not always technically proficient; a philanthropist, yet obscenely rich.  That sort of thing...

Offline MrsZoo

• Wanderer
  • Midnight is where the day begins
« Reply #51 on: January 01, 2019, 05:05:16 PM »
I agree. Donít think itís anything more than that.

Offline laoghaire

• Staring at the Sun
  • Will you be back tomorrow?
« Reply #52 on: January 02, 2019, 11:54:38 AM »
While he does have multiple facets of his personailty - in an eccentric but not abnormal way - honestly the real answer to "how can you do all that" is "tremendous amounts of energy."

His intelligence and focus allow him to be very productive with that energy, but I think the energy is the big factor.

He has so much energy he can burn up a stage and give 20,000+ people a lift. Some people give energy to small numbers of people - a cheerful cashier at the store, a friend who perks you up, a sports coach that gives confidence to a team. He's got that with a significant multiplier.

And THEN he can still make calls, take meetings, write notes, do research, appear on TV making a speech, solve problems, read to expand his mind, etc.

If I picture myself jumping into his shoes for a day, I feel like if I had a show that night, I'd basically be in my hotel room all day resting up. And he's taking lunch with people, jetting down to Texas to receive an award from W, and basically a full schedule. Oh, I think he's dialled it back since his NDE (near death experience) but still.

Some people have a lot of energy but not the ability to make the best of it. He hit the jackpot with all the characteristics to make the most. The other guys are also clearly high energy but Bono's is just insane. (In a very good way).

Offline laoghaire

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #53 on: January 02, 2019, 02:05:30 PM »
God he must be a pain in the ass.

• Child of Grace
« Reply #54 on: January 02, 2019, 07:05:33 PM »
Good points about his energy level, Laoghaire.  Also, I think his focus is very good and allows him to concentrate his energies very well.  Indeed, a rare combination of traits, but all humbly in the service of good.

Offline laoghaire

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #55 on: January 03, 2019, 01:48:52 PM »
He said that love is the realizing of potential in others and in yourself.

Just going back to that concept again, here's another aspect - and there are many more, of course.

If God is Love, as attested in 1 John 4, then Love's creation of humans was, literally, the act of realizing human potential - and thus creation was a fundamental act of love.

If we are made in God's image, the command to love one another can be fulfilled by mirroring, in our limited way, this act of realizing human potential. Thus, when we do that, we are acting in God's image, even if rather feebly.

When we help another person realize their potential (the act of love) we also realize our own potential.

And this, my friends, magnifies God's creation.

Offline summerholly

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #56 on: January 03, 2019, 10:31:34 PM »
He said that love is the realizing of potential in others and in yourself.

Just going back to that concept again, here's another aspect - and there are many more, of course.

If God is Love, as attested in 1 John 4, then Love's creation of humans was, literally, the act of realizing human potential - and thus creation was a fundamental act of love.

If we are made in God's image, the command to love one another can be fulfilled by mirroring, in our limited way, this act of realizing human potential. Thus, when we do that, we are acting in God's image, even if rather feebly.

When we help another person realize their potential (the act of love) we also realize our own potential.

And this, my friends, magnifies God's creation.

My job as a mentor at work is to help young people realise their potential and in doing so make sure we have succession for the good of the industry and the region moving into the future.  I don't see it as love, I just want to see the industry prosper and be sustainable and I am getting paid to do it.    I prefer teaching my working dogs to reach their potential, now that is a real love job lol and makes me feel good.   I will leave the loving of humanity to better people than me and Bono and God.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 10:41:04 PM by summerholly »

Offline Luzita

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #57 on: January 08, 2019, 10:21:49 AM »
God he must be a pain in the ass.

Yes, Iíve sometimes thought about this. He must often be quite insufferable. Yet his friends and family have all stuck by him, which goes to show how much he has going for him on the positive side of the ledger.

• Child of Grace
« Reply #58 on: January 08, 2019, 12:39:44 PM »
He may be a pain at times, but he's curious, intelligent, and loyal to a fault I do believe.  Someone like that inspires unconditional love.