Author Topic: Is FLOOD the best U2 producer?  (Read 272 times)

Offline BONO31

• Stateless
Is FLOOD the best U2 producer?
« on: December 12, 2018, 01:13:23 AM »
Everybody's talking about Brian Eno and Daniel Lanois, but what if Flood was the real musical genius?

Flood worked on The Joshua Tree, Achtung Baby, Zooropa, Pop...

According to the majority U2 fans, those albums are the best and the most experimental.
Flood also produced a lot of great records with Depeche Mode, NIN, PJ Harvey, Foals, Smashing Pumpkins...

So, it looks like he's the most qualified producer for the experimental side of U2, what do you think?

Offline catorce

• Stranger in a Strange Land
Re: Is FLOOD the best U2 producer?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2018, 02:20:02 AM »
With regards to the experimental aspect yes I think Flood is the most qualified and the go-to producer for when U2 wants to make an experimental album.

The proof is in the pudding - Achtung Baby, Zooropa, Pop, SOI (U2's successful  experimental endeavors since 1987) all with Flood production.

One thing I like to point out is that Flood last featured heavily on Pop,

SOI is the bands best album since Pop and this was the FIRST time since Pop that Flood had a heavy involvement in a U2 record. So again the prove is in the pudding,

U2 hadn't made a great album since Pop (with Flood) and then 17 years later with Flood finally back at the helm they produced their best album since Pop (SOI).

« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 02:21:48 AM by catorce »

Offline BONO31

• Stateless
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2018, 07:54:44 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
With regards to the experimental aspect yes I think Flood is the most qualified and the go-to producer for when U2 wants to make an experimental album.

The proof is in the pudding - Achtung Baby, Zooropa, Pop, SOI (U2's successful  experimental endeavors since 1987) all with Flood production.

One thing I like to point out is that Flood last featured heavily on Pop,

SOI is the bands best album since Pop and this was the FIRST time since Pop that Flood had a heavy involvement in a U2 record. So again the prove is in the pudding,

U2 hadn't made a great album since Pop (with Flood) and then 17 years later with Flood finally back at the helm they produced their best album since Pop (SOI).
I would love to hear a new album entirely produced by Flood, it would be awesome!

Offline Rasmus

• Refugee
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2018, 09:58:01 AM »
Flood is amazing and U2 should use him on every album. I think Brian Eno and Daniel Lanois are amazing as well but they dont seem to have gotten better with age unfortunately. Steve Lillywhite is a good producer but he doesnt seem to be very involved in the experimental stuff that I love.

Offline Bundang Dave

• Staring at the Sun
  • It's not what I want; it's what I need.
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2018, 11:35:00 AM »
I would love for them to do another Passengers . . . maybe Flood would make a good 5th member instead of Eno, but I'd be happy to hear another one with Eno too.

Offline BONO31

• Stateless
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2018, 01:22:07 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I would love for them to do another Passengers . . . maybe Flood would make a good 5th member instead of Eno, but I'd be happy to hear another one with Eno too.
Passengers is a great album, thatís the first U2 album I bought (yes, this is a U2 album😉).
I remember listening to SLUG for the first time,
it was Christmas time, and this song was the perfect soundtrack
for the Christmas tree lights. SLUG also make me feel like Iím in space or in my motherís belly.
Iím sure original soundtrack 2 will see the light of day
when U2 will rereleased original soundtrack 1 in 2025.