Author Topic: U2 perform "Street Mission" Is this the first video of the band performing live?  (Read 337 times)

Offline fodiktet

• Babyface
  • brick wall
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline wons

• Numb

Its the earliest video of U2, but I don't think this performance is live. Its essentially a video for the song Street Mission. The band are essentially playing along to the actual recording of the track like they do in other videos for songs.

The following is the earliest live performances "on video" that I can find. Its from January 15, 1980 on the Late Late show in Ireland. The band did do a concert on Irish TV in October 1979 in Cork, but video of that has never surfaced on the internet or elsewhere.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  - Stories For Boys - January 15, 1980

You can find Audio of the October 1979 Cork show online. Its the earliest known audio of a U2 live performance.

Offline Luzita

• Intellectual Tortoise
This video cracks me up. U2 in larval form. Bono being completely over the top, then walking away from the stage. Larry looking 12 and grinning at the camera. Adam with the blond Afro striking poses. Edge already a pretty good guitar player but not yet sounding like Edge.

Wons, how do you know this performance wasn’t live?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk