Author Topic: Favorite electronica acts or albums?  (Read 1089 times)

Offline BorneOfSound

• Stateless
  • Are you tough enough to be kind?
Favorite electronica acts or albums?
« on: January 10, 2019, 04:39:37 PM »
I’m one of those fans who also love the remixes (mostly).

I love Kraftwerk, LCD soundsystem, 90s techno groups like Prodigy, Underworld and Leftfield. Also been revisiting some Massive Attack. While I’m a guitar/bass/drums guy, sometimes it’s nice to get away from that. What electronica groups or albums do you recommend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Steve440

• Babyface
Re: Favorite electronica acts or albums?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2019, 01:41:11 AM »
Goldfrapp obviously! also Arcade Fire's Reflector album if you like LCD (produced by James Murphy)

Offline DK46

• Refugee
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2019, 07:50:17 PM »
Massive Attack for sure, those first 3 albums especially (Mezzanine is a life long favorite).

Been revising The Chemical Brothers lately who are a very solid group. Dig Your Own Hole is still amazing, but Exit Planet Dust and Surrender are also fire. The rest of their discography is enjoyable too, most especially Further.

Also, been listening to a bit of Orbital. Wow do I love these guys, incredibly consistent too. The Green and Brown albums are fantastic, but In Sides might be the one for me. Oh and their track Halycon + On + On is just pure bliss, it puts me at ease in an instant.

Underworld, Leftism, Aphex Twin, Autechre are brilliant too. Lots more, but these are ones I can return to easily.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 07:52:23 PM by DK46 »

Offline Vox

• Running to Stand Still
  • Time is irrelevant, it's not linear.
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2019, 11:52:20 AM »
Been a fan of this sort of music since mid-to-late ‘90s.  I go through phases where it’s all I listen to for 3-6 month periods.  I’ve been in another prolonged phase since late last year, and my Pandora has been introducing me to a bunch of good “new for me” stuff.

My favorites of the genre throughout time would probably include Chemical Brothers and Moby.  I’ve always been a big fan of Underworld and Prodigy.  For a “newer” EDM artist, I find Deadmau5 to be quite good.   I never thought to include Kraftwerk (not sure why I wouldn’t), but I own several Kraftwerk albums.  I don’t mind some dubstep either, though only in smaller doses. 

Other EDM music I enjoy, just off the top of my head, includes The Orb, Goldfrapp (if that counts), Fatboy Slim, Roosevelt, Scenic, and Junior Jack. 
« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 11:59:34 AM by Vox »

Offline cocamojoe

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2019, 04:35:20 PM »
For a nice blend of jazz and hip/hop electronica, definitely check out Pretty Lights. You can download most of his music on his website for free!

Also, for some “electrochill”, as I call it, check out Bonobo and Thievery Corporation.

I’m also a massive fan of “electro swing”. Go here to download some free playlists: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login