Author Topic: Excellent review of U2 and all-time great songs: In God's Country  (Read 627 times)

Offline laoghaire

• Staring at the Sun
  • Will you be back tomorrow?
Re: Excellent review of U2 and all-time great songs: In God's Country
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2019, 08:04:50 PM »
Is that the only video of his you've seen? I think the U2 one was a lot thinner because he doesn't have the isolated tracks. Nothing about that video blew my mind; I was just happy to hear a good word for our band and happy about the reference to empty spaces. But the Smashing Pumpkins one blew my mind. Metallica, The Police, I got a lot out of those.

Offline Tortuga

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2019, 08:13:10 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Is that the only video of his you've seen? I think the U2 one was a lot thinner because he doesn't have the isolated tracks. Nothing about that video blew my mind; I was just happy to hear a good word for our band and happy about the reference to empty spaces. But the Smashing Pumpkins one blew my mind. Metallica, The Police, I got a lot out of those.
Ive watched a few in the past but I dont think I ever made it all the way through one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline laoghaire

• Staring at the Sun
  • Will you be back tomorrow?
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2019, 07:22:41 AM »
Ah, well, a shame you're not getting anything out of those. I definitely found a lot of gold.

Offline jules

• Stateless
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2019, 02:12:21 AM »
I think Rick does a great job on this and his other videos. Treading the fine line well - enough meat to keep the more musically inclined happy but upbeat enough and not too serious so as to loose the majority of viewers. I'm a fan.