Author Topic: Excellent review of U2 and all-time great songs: In God's Country  (Read 1209 times)

Offline laoghaire

• Staring at the Sun
  • Will you be back tomorrow?
Re: Excellent review of U2 and all-time great songs: In God's Country
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2019, 08:04:50 PM »
Is that the only video of his you've seen? I think the U2 one was a lot thinner because he doesn't have the isolated tracks. Nothing about that video blew my mind; I was just happy to hear a good word for our band and happy about the reference to empty spaces. But the Smashing Pumpkins one blew my mind. Metallica, The Police, I got a lot out of those.

Offline Tortuga

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2019, 08:13:10 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Is that the only video of his you've seen? I think the U2 one was a lot thinner because he doesn't have the isolated tracks. Nothing about that video blew my mind; I was just happy to hear a good word for our band and happy about the reference to empty spaces. But the Smashing Pumpkins one blew my mind. Metallica, The Police, I got a lot out of those.
Iíve watched a few in the past but I donít think I ever made it all the way through one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline laoghaire

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2019, 07:22:41 AM »
Ah, well, a shame you're not getting anything out of those. I definitely found a lot of gold.

Offline jules

• Stateless
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2019, 02:12:21 AM »
I think Rick does a great job on this and his other videos. Treading the fine line well - enough meat to keep the more musically inclined happy but upbeat enough and not too serious so as to loose the majority of viewers. I'm a fan.

Offline goldtoad

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • Don't let the bastards grind you down
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2019, 11:45:06 AM »
He is not saying anything profound in these videos, but it is nice to hear him say good things about the members of U2.  This one is video is about the greatest rock guitar "sounds".  The Edge is on the list for "Streets": You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline goldtoad

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • Don't let the bastards grind you down
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2019, 12:00:23 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
He is not saying anything profound in these videos, but it is nice to hear him say good things about the members of U2.  This one is video is about the greatest rock guitar "sounds".  The Edge is on the list for "Streets": You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Also, Larry made his list of greatest drum sounds. The comments on Larry start about the 9:50 mark:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline laoghaire

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2019, 12:52:12 PM »
I guess it's really different not being hearing impaired. The videos helped me hear sounds I've never heard in familiar songs. It added quite a richness which I guess is normal for everybody else. I wonder what all these songs sound like to people? What I hear is like a blur to me, and picking out these layers is like getting a lovely gift. I get criticized a lot irl but maybe I just live in a different world. Music is how I try to deal with my pain but it gets hard when I try to share that with people because I don't seem to be on the same page with other people and the joy I take in it doesn't seem related to what other people get.

Offline Tortuga

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2019, 05:42:09 PM »
If you havenít seen the classic albums dvd on JT you would enjoy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk