Author Topic: Rumour: Southern Hemisphere 2019 tour  (Read 11061 times)

Offline singnomore

• Administrator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • These city lights, they shine as silver and gold
Re: Rumour: Southern Hemisphere 2019 tour
« Reply #120 on: May 06, 2019, 06:58:59 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Tour will be announced by end of this month. Aus/NZ in November.

Have you a source for that or was it U2songs?

Offline Boba Fett

• Stateless
« Reply #121 on: May 06, 2019, 03:49:14 PM »
Tour will be announced by end of this month. Aus/NZ in November.

It's the same source of the rumours as usual - U2songs. The latest reason for the tour not being announced yet is the forthcoming federal election. Seems a pretty weird reason to me, but I guess we'll see. The other tidbit about the tour is that Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds will be the support act.

Have you a source for that or was it U2songs?

Offline wons

• Numb
« Reply #122 on: May 08, 2019, 04:00:16 PM »
Over at interference.com, they are saying sometime after the Australian election on May 18. So I guess will see what happens in late May/early June.

Offline briscoetheque

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #123 on: May 08, 2019, 04:29:21 PM »
Over at interference.com, they are saying sometime after the Australian election on May 18. So I guess will see what happens in late May/early June.
Which is exactly what was said here 3 posts ago...!

Offline singnomore

• Administrator
  • Airborne Ranger
« Reply #124 on: May 08, 2019, 07:06:20 PM »

Which I suspect was taken from U2songs  ;D

Offline Boba Fett

• Stateless
« Reply #125 on: May 08, 2019, 11:14:23 PM »

Which I suspect was taken from U2songs  ;D

Which is my point - there's actually very little real evidence of any of this being true...;)

Offline Mopras

• Stranger in a Strange Land
  • Bass Trap
« Reply #126 on: May 10, 2019, 01:54:42 PM »
India in December 2019 is what I'm hearing from a source.

Offline singnomore

• Administrator
  • Airborne Ranger
« Reply #127 on: May 10, 2019, 02:18:50 PM »
India in December 2019 is what I'm hearing from a source.

That source being?

Offline stumpy

• Babyface
« Reply #128 on: May 11, 2019, 07:30:47 PM »
I don't get where all the hype from these aledged reliable official sources is coming from. From memory I thought the bands statement after the previous tour is that they are taking a break from touring due to physical conditions impacted by age and the need for some time for themselves.

Offline Boba Fett

• Stateless
« Reply #129 on: May 12, 2019, 08:14:11 PM »
I don't get where all the hype from these aledged reliable official sources is coming from. From memory I thought the bands statement after the previous tour is that they are taking a break from touring due to physical conditions impacted by age and the need for some time for themselves.

Yeah, they did say that. But assuming the alleged tour dates are legit, it will have been a year since the band's last tour dates . That's probably enough time for the "we are having a break" argument to be a fair one. If it's just Aus/NZ/Asia it's probably going to be a reasonably short tour...

Offline daveyg

• Stateless
« Reply #130 on: May 13, 2019, 03:27:11 AM »

Yeah, they did say that. But assuming the alleged tour dates are legit, it will have been a year since the band's last tour dates . That's probably enough time for the "we are having a break" argument to be a fair one. If it's just Aus/NZ/Asia it's probably going to be a reasonably short tour...

So, if U2 are playing even a short tour at the end of the year, they just turn up without rehearsals, discussions on set list or presentation? There's months or work involved by the band alone before they as much as set foot on a plane to Aus/NZ/Asia. In that instance, their long enough break would be quite quite short

Offline laoghaire

• Staring at the Sun
  • Will you be back tomorrow?
« Reply #131 on: May 13, 2019, 08:57:04 AM »
Rehearsals will take a week, no big deal. Also, they will be easier rehearsals than for the last three tours as they've already figured out arrangements for the songs. They might have a new song - Bang a Gong cover? - but not an album of new songs.

Set list discussions are also not a big deal. I mean, a year off, they can handle a couple of conference calls or whatever.

Presentation stuff is Wllie's job and I bet they will reuse a lot. Bono might have some new ideas but he will enjoy it. Sure, they will approve it, but it's not hundreds of hours of work for the band to approve Wllie's work that will reuse a lot of already-approved stuff. Larry will just make sure it doesn't completely cross the line for him and that's it.

So while it's true that - if this tour will actually happen - work would already be happening months prior, the band's involvement will hardly be onerous. A few conference calls, looking at a few mockups. Bono having ideas is Bono in his natural state anyway. Yes, rehearsals, but easier ones this time, only a week or less, plenty of extra time each day to sightsee or chill.

Offline briscoetheque

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #132 on: May 13, 2019, 03:07:50 PM »
Just a question, but throughout history have we EVER been able to take what the band say as gospel?

Offline wons

• Numb
« Reply #133 on: May 13, 2019, 05:14:34 PM »

I didn't hear the band was suffering from any physical conditions due to age. Their fans might be considering that 40% to 50% of them were sitting down at the shows. But the band, they look in top form. Just as explosive and fun as they were over 25 years ago. Remember, they are in their 50s not their 80s, plus this is not professional football.

Offline Boba Fett

• Stateless
« Reply #134 on: May 13, 2019, 05:17:36 PM »

So, if U2 are playing even a short tour at the end of the year, they just turn up without rehearsals, discussions on set list or presentation? There's months or work involved by the band alone before they as much as set foot on a plane to Aus/NZ/Asia. In that instance, their long enough break would be quite quite short

They are professional musicians, so I'm guessing they play/practice individually regularly. So then it's just a matter of rehearsing as a band in a studio for a week to run through songs. Then another week rehearsing 'on set'. Working on a set list can be done via email sitting round the pool in their houses in the south of France at anytime. All the other stuff would be crew/management responsibility.

Let's face it - they've had six months off already. A quick tour at the end of the year is a chance to blow the cobwebs out from a 'playing together' perspective before heading back into the studio early next year perhaps?