Author Topic: Rumour: Southern Hemisphere 2019 tour  (Read 16233 times)

Offline briscoetheque

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
Re: Rumour: Southern Hemisphere 2019 tour
« Reply #150 on: May 15, 2019, 05:36:33 AM »
OK. Not buying that. Mick Molloy is the drive host and has twin boys. Hope you're right but this one doesn't add up.

Offline summerholly

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #151 on: May 15, 2019, 05:48:22 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
OK. Not buying that. Mick Molloy is the drive host and has twin boys. Hope you're right but this one doesn't add up.

You dont have to buy it lol I dont care! I am not in the habit of making stuff up lol too old for that sh**e! There are a number of tripple M stations across Australia and even across the state. Cliff Reeve is the drive host.  I looked on their FB page but no mention.  Guess will have to wait till Monday, mind you I only listen to the radio driving to work and back so could miss.

You could ask him on Twitter!
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 05:54:17 AM by summerholly »

Offline briscoetheque

• R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #152 on: May 15, 2019, 05:55:03 AM »
Hey chill, I hope you're right! I reckon you might be... Just didn't line up as drive is national but thanks for the info.

Edit...ohhhh WA!

That's a whole different country.

Thanks for sharing
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 05:57:02 AM by briscoetheque »

Offline summerholly

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #153 on: May 15, 2019, 06:06:07 AM »
Hey chill, I hope you're right! I reckon you might be... Just didn't line up as drive is national but thanks for the info.

Edit...ohhhh WA!

That's a whole different country.

Thanks for sharing

Umm extremely irritating day at work and in no mood for feeling chilled lol.  Yep whole different country sometimes.  Cliff seems pretty reliable but who knows could be something entirely unrelated to a tour but he did indicate it was huge! and he is right era to be a fan.  On cue U2 just came on my ipod rotation must be a sign lol
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 06:08:02 AM by summerholly »

Offline briscoetheque

• R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #154 on: May 15, 2019, 06:07:26 AM »
Consistent with Wil Anderson and Eddie McGuire mentioning a few weeks back, same network...

Offline summerholly

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #155 on: May 15, 2019, 06:25:13 AM »
Maybe waiting untill Monday so they don't distract people from the dreaded Federal election lol!

Offline singnomore

• Administrator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • These city lights, they shine as silver and gold
« Reply #156 on: May 15, 2019, 02:17:50 PM »
Chat is being picked up similar to this info via @atu2 channels but after the last time...we’ll who knows..

Offline zedg

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • *POP*
« Reply #157 on: May 16, 2019, 06:06:49 AM »
GUYS. I was trying to see if I could find a page with the details already online..
FOUND!

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 06:29:01 AM by zedg »

Offline Billy Rhythm

• Babyface
« Reply #158 on: May 16, 2019, 07:01:27 AM »
love the photo...:-)

Offline wons

• Numb
« Reply #159 on: May 16, 2019, 07:21:40 AM »
the latest from U2songs site:

"Evidence continues to pour in that the announcement will be next week for the U2 tour of New Zealand, Australia and Asia. We are told by multiple sources that the announcement is likely to be Monday morning. One source has shared that the announcement will be early in the morning Australia time.

The tour is expected to visit the following cities: Auckland, Brisbane, Melbourne, Adelaide, Sydney, Perth, Singapore, Tokyo and Seoul. Both Singapore and Seoul, if announced, are new cities that U2 has not previously visited. The tour will take place in larger outdoor stadiums, and a small number of large indoor venues. The opening act is expected to be Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds for these shows. Although multiple shows are rumoured for Auckland, Melbourne, Sydney, Perth and Tokyo, only the first show in each city will be announced with the formal announcement, with the second shows only being announced if sales meet expectations. The tour is expected to run from November 8 into early December.

Although we’ve been told for a number of months that the band would not call this tour “The Joshua Tree Tour,” more recent information has again brought up the possibility that the tour may be branded “The Joshua Tree Tour” in some way. All along we have been told that The Joshua Tree would be a focus again, and that those songs would likely be reintroduced for this tour, and some components of the 2017 staging would be used. It is unclear however, if the band would intend to do the full album from the information we have received. We should know the exact name of the tour, and whether or not it is branded “The Joshua Tree Tour”, as well as the full details of concert dates next week. "

Offline briscoetheque

• R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #160 on: May 16, 2019, 07:22:30 AM »
Already leaked. Check ticketmaster site above.

Offline d.darroch

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #161 on: May 16, 2019, 07:32:26 AM »
At least Ticketbastard is only doing NZ, Melbourne & Perth. I'd assume Sydney is Ticketek again.

Offline briscoetheque

• R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #162 on: May 16, 2019, 07:47:47 AM »
Scg not Olympic Park is a great result.

Offline d.darroch

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #163 on: May 16, 2019, 07:56:54 AM »
SCG? Where did you read that? I'd seen a post from a new user on U2start, who probably got it from a FB post.

But has there been anything official, or close to it? I hope so, but if there's nothing like that is be assuming it's ANZ again.

Please be the SCG!

Offline zedg

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • *POP*
« Reply #164 on: May 16, 2019, 08:10:38 AM »
SCG? Where did you read that? I'd seen a post from a new user on U2start, who probably got it from a FB post.

But has there been anything official, or close to it? I hope so, but if there's nothing like that is be assuming it's ANZ again.

Please be the SCG!

Rumour dates were posted on 'U2 Australia' FB page today.
Right after I saw these dates I went searching for an 'accessible' page online and found the Ticketmaster page/link.

We have been sent the following tour dates by two sources.

November 8, 9 - Auckland - Mt. Smart Stadium

November 12 - Brisbane - Suncorp Stadium

November 15, 16 - Melbourne - Marvel Stadium

November 19 - Adelaide - Adelaide Oval

November 22, 23 - Sydney - Sydney Cricket Ground

November 27 and add 28th - Perth - Optus Stadium

November 30 and add December 1st - Singapore - National Stadium

December 4, 5 - Tokyo - Saitama Super Arena

December 8 and add 9th - Seoul - Gocheok Sky Dome