Author Topic: Rumour: Southern Hemisphere 2019 tour  (Read 16895 times)

Offline briscoetheque

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
Re: Rumour: Southern Hemisphere 2019 tour
« Reply #210 on: May 20, 2019, 09:59:53 PM »
The Joshua Triei?

Offline Blueyedboy

• Running to Stand Still
  • Embrace the challenge
« Reply #211 on: May 20, 2019, 10:15:50 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
U2 and Live Nation are having trouble getting Funding, Sponsorships & Partnerships to seal the deal for The Joshua Tree 2019 Tour of OZ/NZ/Asia, hence the delays in an announcement.

A very close family member who works for a Financial Institution here in Australia has been getting constant emails from Live Nation , which i've seen, regarding Funding, Sponsorships & Partnerships for the tour.

Live Nation are pushing really hard to get this done but time is starting to count down really fast before it will be to late for a Tour for this year.

Live Nation have thrown us off the scent a few times as a delay tactic like "The Tour will have another name and will not be called The Joshua Tree" so we think all the Promo and Merch has to be re-designed and re-approved but in all the emails going back to last year and up to now it's always been touted as The Joshua Tree 2019.

("Songs Of Accent" may see the light of day before a tour to OZ/NZ/Asia)

Given the price of tickets, I wouldn't think funding and sponsorship would be an issue unless they want the ticket price to be pure profit. Anyways, based on what was seen on Australian Ticketmaster, I think this is definitely happening, the tour that is. When the official announcement and on sale dates will be is the question mark. Tour reportedly does not start till November, so I think they could still wait some more time, maybe even a couple of months. Just have to wait and see what happens.

Maybe the makers of Edges pedals can sponsor the tour, I think the Infinite Delay tour has a certain ring to it!

Offline d.darroch

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #212 on: May 21, 2019, 03:43:02 AM »
Bahahaha 😂

Offline singnomore

• Administrator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • These city lights, they shine as silver and gold
« Reply #213 on: May 21, 2019, 04:19:13 AM »
The Joshua Triei?

Ha! maybe its the logo that is causing them problems!

Offline summerholly

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #214 on: May 21, 2019, 06:33:39 AM »
Driving to work I head the tripple M station that I listen to say that they are definitely coming.

Offline daveyg

• Refugee
« Reply #215 on: May 21, 2019, 08:44:18 AM »
So, the question begs, are the queue starters starting now? :)

At the U2 gigs in Dublin last November, there was a bunch of people doing the American style queue up. This was the second time I've seen it in Dublin (first was JT30 in Dublin in 2017) - queuing up for a week. The "locals" like myself strolled in 30 minutes before the gig started, and guess what? for both JT30 and E&I in Dublin, I walked in, and there was a light line of one person between me and the stage. Asleep in my warm bed for the previous week and wide awake for the gig.

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #216 on: May 21, 2019, 02:11:50 PM »

At the U2 gigs in Dublin last November, there was a bunch of people doing the American style queue up. This was the second time I've seen it in Dublin (first was JT30 in Dublin in 2017) - queuing up for a week. The "locals" like myself strolled in 30 minutes before the gig started, and guess what? for both JT30 and E&I in Dublin, I walked in, and there was a light line of one person between me and the stage. Asleep in my warm bed for the previous week and wide awake for the gig.

Yeah but it was just an elaborate ploy just to re-affirm your values. Those early waiters? They were paid actors.   

Offline singnomore

• Administrator
  • Airborne Ranger
« Reply #217 on: May 21, 2019, 10:00:00 PM »

Yeah but it was just an elaborate ploy just to re-affirm your values. Those early waiters? They were paid actors.

Definitely seems to be a thing - never quite understand it myself

Offline ian ryan

• Global Moderator
  • Child of Grace
  • Don't worry, baby, it'll be alright
« Reply #218 on: May 22, 2019, 12:19:14 PM »
There is something fun about being front and center, but with a stage as enormous as the JT2017 tour, theres no way Id want to be up front. On the b-stage could be fun, but the sound booth is great for just understanding how immense and stunning the whole thing is.

Offline d.darroch

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #219 on: May 22, 2019, 03:04:33 PM »
Certainly is fun, so much energy front and centre, can't be beaten. Plus the band will spend more time on the main stage than elsewhere.

But yeah, the stage is very tall, & the screen is so huge that it may be a bit difficult to take everything in from right up front (though much easier than 360, i+e & e+i).

b-stage will offer great views of the screen, & the best chance to get really close to the band (though this will be for a shorter period than the time spent on the main stage).

I do multiple shows. Many people think that's crazy. But changing locations in the venue offers such different experiences.

Oh, & I'm one of those crazies that spends forever in the line. I'm short, & even being one off the rail can have a pretty negative impact on what I can see (this was the case at Vertigo Sydney 1, 360 Vegas).
« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 03:14:17 PM by d.darroch »

Offline Boba Fett

• Stateless
« Reply #220 on: May 22, 2019, 07:48:27 PM »
So no tour announcement...what a surprise!

Offline singnomore

• Administrator
  • Airborne Ranger
« Reply #221 on: May 22, 2019, 10:18:17 PM »
So no tour announcement...what a surprise!

Bit like U2 albums - Edge is on fire etc  8) We understand its a delay not a no announcement at all situation

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #222 on: May 23, 2019, 11:33:57 AM »
Certainly is fun, so much energy front and centre, can't be beaten. Plus the band will spend more time on the main stage than elsewhere.

But yeah, the stage is very tall, & the screen is so huge that it may be a bit difficult to take everything in from right up front (though much easier than 360, i+e & e+i).

b-stage will offer great views of the screen, & the best chance to get really close to the band (though this will be for a shorter period than the time spent on the main stage).

I do multiple shows. Many people think that's crazy. But changing locations in the venue offers such different experiences.

Oh, & I'm one of those crazies that spends forever in the line. I'm short, & even being one off the rail can have a pretty negative impact on what I can see (this was the case at Vertigo Sydney 1, 360 Vegas).

One means all of the difference. Especially when you need something to lean on, it relieves pressure.

Offline stumpy

• Babyface
« Reply #223 on: May 25, 2019, 06:18:06 PM »
Well, he has time to perform with Snow Patrol, but cannot make any statement to clear up fan confusion. Maybe he is unaware...

Offline Blueyedboy

• Running to Stand Still
  • Embrace the challenge
« Reply #224 on: May 26, 2019, 04:01:17 PM »
Well, he has time to perform with Snow Patrol, but cannot make any statement to clear up fan confusion. Maybe he is unaware...

He is not U2.