Author Topic: Rumour: Southern Hemisphere 2019 tour  (Read 16896 times)

Offline m2

• Administrator
  • Desert Rose
  • I love the smell of fresh forum killspam.
Re: Rumour: Southern Hemisphere 2019 tour
« Reply #75 on: April 14, 2019, 03:27:34 PM »
"T"s are still being crossed and "i" are still being dotted.

Offline singnomore

• Administrator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • These city lights, they shine as silver and gold
« Reply #76 on: April 14, 2019, 06:28:51 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Thanks M2 - guess the point here is that an announcement is imminent

Offline Boba Fett

• Stateless
« Reply #77 on: April 14, 2019, 11:59:26 PM »

Riiiiiigghtttt......;)

Seriously though - we've just had Metallica and Queen announce stadium tours. I would have thought U2 would be better off delaying an announcement for a while now. People have only got so much money you know!

Thanks M2 - guess the point here is that an announcement is imminent

Offline marcovox

• Wanderer
« Reply #78 on: April 15, 2019, 12:28:25 AM »
Well it's almost the end of the business day on April 15th in Australia.  I highly doubt they're going to announce it late into the evening.   So I think those Ts aren't being crossed after all. 

U2songs said expect an announcement later in the month.  I'm assuming that next week at the earliest.

Offline singnomore

• Administrator
  • Airborne Ranger
« Reply #79 on: April 15, 2019, 12:39:40 AM »
Well it's almost the end of the business day on April 15th in Australia.  I highly doubt they're going to announce it late into the evening.   So I think those Ts aren't being crossed after all. 

U2songs said expect an announcement later in the month.  I'm assuming that next week at the earliest.

Yes I think m2 was pointing to the fact itís not today (sadly) but sounds like there is definitely one coming

Offline Boba Fett

• Stateless
« Reply #80 on: April 15, 2019, 03:43:52 PM »
sounds like there is definitely one coming

Definitely?!?! Not in the slightest. Replace definitely with "hopefully" and you're much closer to the mark.

Offline wons

• Numb
« Reply #81 on: April 15, 2019, 03:46:18 PM »
1. The Southern Hemisphere was visited by the Joshua Tree in 2019. Brazil, Argentina, Chile, and Columbia all got Joshua Tree shows.

2. Joshua Tree is NOT U2's biggest selling album in Australia. Rattle And Hum is U2's biggest selling album in Australia. Surprising I know, but its true.

3. The Lovetown Tour was massive in Australia, was special in many ways, and had a huge impact.

4. Rattle And Hum was never a downpoint in U2's history in terms of sales. Critics did not like the movie and were lukewarm to the album, but most fans enjoyed it. Its not at all a downpoint in their history like POP or Innocence can be considered. If anything, Rattle And Hum perfectly primed the pump for Achtung Baby and ZOO TV.

South America got a leg for the 2017 Tour...  of course I was talking about a tour exclusive to the Southern Hemisphere...  any tour Down Under would've been "massive" back in the day for they rarely visited there...  don't know about your sales data but I'll take your word for it...  at any rate 'Rattle & Hum' is a Joshua Tree sidebar...  the best moments, especially in the film, are The Joshua Tree material performed live...  even the better new songs, such as 'Hawkmoon 269', sound like Joshua B-Sides or, songs that weren't good or innovative enough to form a cohesive new album...

it's a "downpoint" in their history for they were becoming bad parodies of, not only themselves, but doing a poor job of imitating their idols...  'Desire' hit Number One out of the gate for the same reasons that 'Discotheque' from 'POP' did...  the world was salivating for a new U2 record...  what they got was a second rate Bo Diddley rip-off (they wouldn't be the first) where Bono's going on about red guitars (where have we heard that before?)...  talking about a 30th Anniversary 'Rattle & Hum' show where the expectation is that they'd play the entire album in its entirety would be pretty sad, in my opinion...  is he supposed to repeat the pretentious introduction by giving further notoriety to a mass murderer who's name should be unspoken forever?!

the worst part would be hearing Bono attempting to recapture the passionate screaming of 'Hawkmoon 269's later verses, or in 'God (Part II)' (another ripped off title) with his now older vocals...  even the band themselves realized that they were trying too hard to be something that they weren't back then which resulted in them hitting the reset button and going back to being U2 for the early to mid-nineties (you are 100% correct when you said "Rattle And Hum perfectly primed the pump for Achtung Baby and ZOO TV")...  'Rattle & Hum' is a fragmented mess (one of its charms, I suppose) and wreaks of them trying to milk 'The Joshua Tree'/Americana thing for all its worth...  making the vinyl a double album was a joke for they easily could've fit what was offered onto a single disc...  if you're gonna make it 2 records then include the best tracks that weren't included (in other words, More Joshua Tree)...

I'd like to think that U2 have learned from the 'Rattle & Hum' experience, but to make this rumored tour about 'Lovetown' would be history repeating itself for the wrong reasons...  'Rattle & Hum's saving grace is 'The Joshua Tree'...:-)

Well, it appears you have not listened to much of the lovetown tour nor do you understand just how special it was, especially to people in Australia and New Zealand.

As for Rattle and Hum, the criticism of the band from music critics was not warranted and you just seem to be repeating their criticism verbatim. I remember when the album was released in 1988. It was a huge hit, even in the United States. A song like Desire even got played at the Highschool Dance and received a standing ovation from everyone in attendance. The movie was very popular among the late teen and early 20s demographic that were into rock music. You would not know that it was a downpoint in any way for the band unless you picked up a particular magazine and read what some music critic had to say.

When I say that it primed the pump for the band, I mean in terms of being popular among fans and the general public. It reached the triple platinum mark, 3 million sold in the United States, faster than Nirvana's Nevermind did in 1991-1992. The album was VERY popular. This popularity helped build momentum for Achtung Baby and ZOO TV. The Movie also allowed younger fans not old enough to go to concerts to sort of experience what U2's live music was like in a theater with a big sound system. Not the same as going to a concert, but it still had a big impact on many not yet old enough to go to their first concerts.

I'm speaking objectively in terms of what actually happened and how it really helped the band. Ones opinion of the music, like the music critics of the time, is subjective. The lesson of Rattle And Hum is that they nailed it, did everything right in terms of their career at that point. That several dozen writers at various magazines did not like it did not matter when everyone else felt differently.

Objectively, the bands first missteps took place with POP and POPMART in terms of the choices made and the impact it had on their career at that point in time. Rattle And Hum, album and movie, plus the Lovetown Tour were historic successes for the band.

What made the Lovetown tour so special were different set list every night and that although Rattle And Hum was a focus, the tour was not actually very tied to it as the Joshua Tree Tour was to its respective album or ZOO TV Tour to Achtung Baby.

Given where the band is currently, revisiting Lovetown at this point would be perfect. Its not about the Joshua Tree or Songs Of Experience. You might hear more Rattle And Hum songs than you have heard in many decades, but that won't be the whole show. It will be a fun mix of things of they decide to do it. Afterall, that is what the original Lovetown Tour was.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 03:50:57 PM by wons »

Offline Boba Fett

• Stateless
« Reply #82 on: April 15, 2019, 07:27:02 PM »
1. The Southern Hemisphere was visited by the Joshua Tree in 2019. Brazil, Argentina, Chile, and Columbia all got Joshua Tree shows.

2. Joshua Tree is NOT U2's biggest selling album in Australia. Rattle And Hum is U2's biggest selling album in Australia. Surprising I know, but its true.

3. The Lovetown Tour was massive in Australia, was special in many ways, and had a huge impact.

4. Rattle And Hum was never a downpoint in U2's history in terms of sales. Critics did not like the movie and were lukewarm to the album, but most fans enjoyed it. Its not at all a downpoint in their history like POP or Innocence can be considered. If anything, Rattle And Hum perfectly primed the pump for Achtung Baby and ZOO TV.

South America got a leg for the 2017 Tour...  of course I was talking about a tour exclusive to the Southern Hemisphere...  any tour Down Under would've been "massive" back in the day for they rarely visited there...  don't know about your sales data but I'll take your word for it...  at any rate 'Rattle & Hum' is a Joshua Tree sidebar...  the best moments, especially in the film, are The Joshua Tree material performed live...  even the better new songs, such as 'Hawkmoon 269', sound like Joshua B-Sides or, songs that weren't good or innovative enough to form a cohesive new album...

it's a "downpoint" in their history for they were becoming bad parodies of, not only themselves, but doing a poor job of imitating their idols...  'Desire' hit Number One out of the gate for the same reasons that 'Discotheque' from 'POP' did...  the world was salivating for a new U2 record...  what they got was a second rate Bo Diddley rip-off (they wouldn't be the first) where Bono's going on about red guitars (where have we heard that before?)...  talking about a 30th Anniversary 'Rattle & Hum' show where the expectation is that they'd play the entire album in its entirety would be pretty sad, in my opinion...  is he supposed to repeat the pretentious introduction by giving further notoriety to a mass murderer who's name should be unspoken forever?!

the worst part would be hearing Bono attempting to recapture the passionate screaming of 'Hawkmoon 269's later verses, or in 'God (Part II)' (another ripped off title) with his now older vocals...  even the band themselves realized that they were trying too hard to be something that they weren't back then which resulted in them hitting the reset button and going back to being U2 for the early to mid-nineties (you are 100% correct when you said "Rattle And Hum perfectly primed the pump for Achtung Baby and ZOO TV")...  'Rattle & Hum' is a fragmented mess (one of its charms, I suppose) and wreaks of them trying to milk 'The Joshua Tree'/Americana thing for all its worth...  making the vinyl a double album was a joke for they easily could've fit what was offered onto a single disc...  if you're gonna make it 2 records then include the best tracks that weren't included (in other words, More Joshua Tree)...

I'd like to think that U2 have learned from the 'Rattle & Hum' experience, but to make this rumored tour about 'Lovetown' would be history repeating itself for the wrong reasons...  'Rattle & Hum's saving grace is 'The Joshua Tree'...:-)

Well, it appears you have not listened to much of the lovetown tour nor do you understand just how special it was, especially to people in Australia and New Zealand.

As for Rattle and Hum, the criticism of the band from music critics was not warranted and you just seem to be repeating their criticism verbatim. I remember when the album was released in 1988. It was a huge hit, even in the United States. A song like Desire even got played at the Highschool Dance and received a standing ovation from everyone in attendance. The movie was very popular among the late teen and early 20s demographic that were into rock music. You would not know that it was a downpoint in any way for the band unless you picked up a particular magazine and read what some music critic had to say.

When I say that it primed the pump for the band, I mean in terms of being popular among fans and the general public. It reached the triple platinum mark, 3 million sold in the United States, faster than Nirvana's Nevermind did in 1991-1992. The album was VERY popular. This popularity helped build momentum for Achtung Baby and ZOO TV. The Movie also allowed younger fans not old enough to go to concerts to sort of experience what U2's live music was like in a theater with a big sound system. Not the same as going to a concert, but it still had a big impact on many not yet old enough to go to their first concerts.

I'm speaking objectively in terms of what actually happened and how it really helped the band. Ones opinion of the music, like the music critics of the time, is subjective. The lesson of Rattle And Hum is that they nailed it, did everything right in terms of their career at that point. That several dozen writers at various magazines did not like it did not matter when everyone else felt differently.

Objectively, the bands first missteps took place with POP and POPMART in terms of the choices made and the impact it had on their career at that point in time. Rattle And Hum, album and movie, plus the Lovetown Tour were historic successes for the band.

What made the Lovetown tour so special were different set list every night and that although Rattle And Hum was a focus, the tour was not actually very tied to it as the Joshua Tree Tour was to its respective album or ZOO TV Tour to Achtung Baby.

Given where the band is currently, revisiting Lovetown at this point would be perfect. Its not about the Joshua Tree or Songs Of Experience. You might hear more Rattle And Hum songs than you have heard in many decades, but that won't be the whole show. It will be a fun mix of things of they decide to do it. Afterall, that is what the original Lovetown Tour was.

That's a great point. Assuming there is a tour at all (which I still think is unlikely), I wonder whether it might be somewhat similar to the show the band did at the Apollo Theater? With a few TJT songs thrown in for the fans...

Offline singnomore

• Administrator
  • Airborne Ranger
« Reply #83 on: April 15, 2019, 10:22:38 PM »
sounds like there is definitely one coming

Definitely?!?! Not in the slightest. Replace definitely with "hopefully" and you're much closer to the mark.

m2 isnít usually wrong with these things hence me being positive. But letís say hopefully definitely  8)

Offline Billy Rhythm

• Babyface
« Reply #84 on: April 16, 2019, 07:32:52 AM »

sure, they "nailed" down the arts of marketing a mix-mash of what sound to be outtakes & live material and stretched a single album out over 2 records to make more money...  and since you seem bent on using sales data for an argument to 'Rattle & Hum's "brilliance", are you aware that this data is also "stretched" where 1 sale actually is counted as 2?  that's right...  it's why George Harrison's 'All Things Must Pass' (a 3-Record Set) is touted as the Biggest Selling Solo-Beatles' Album, even though Paul McCartney's 'Band On The Run' outsold it...  the number of discs does count toward its "triple platinum" status...  still wanna say that 'Rattle & Hum' outsold 'The Joshua Tree' Down Under?

yes, my opinion is subjective but it has nothing to do with magazine reviews...  I viewed the 'Rattle & Hum' film on Opening Night (Victoria BC Canada) and if it weren't for my party of five there literally wouldn't have been a dozen people total at the show...  it was hardly a box office smash, but to be fair Concert Films rarely do well at the box office...  but atleast The Rolling Stones' 'Let's Spend The Night Together' had a half-full theatre...  take your focus off of the commercial "success" of the album and talk about the music and it's nowhere near in the same league as their other works, with the exception of 'The Joshua Tree' live performances...  it's for die-hards only which you (and many here) obviously are...  yes, it's a "downpoint"...  the artistic peak of 'The Joshua Tree' that preceeded it perhaps emphasizes it further but it's still a "downpoint" for most casual U2 fans...:-)

Offline wons

• Numb
« Reply #85 on: April 16, 2019, 05:57:48 PM »

sure, they "nailed" down the arts of marketing a mix-mash of what sound to be outtakes & live material and stretched a single album out over 2 records to make more money...  and since you seem bent on using sales data for an argument to 'Rattle & Hum's "brilliance", are you aware that this data is also "stretched" where 1 sale actually is counted as 2?  that's right...  it's why George Harrison's 'All Things Must Pass' (a 3-Record Set) is touted as the Biggest Selling Solo-Beatles' Album, even though Paul McCartney's 'Band On The Run' outsold it...  the number of discs does count toward its "triple platinum" status...  still wanna say that 'Rattle & Hum' outsold 'The Joshua Tree' Down Under?

yes, my opinion is subjective but it has nothing to do with magazine reviews...  I viewed the 'Rattle & Hum' film on Opening Night (Victoria BC Canada) and if it weren't for my party of five there literally wouldn't have been a dozen people total at the show...  it was hardly a box office smash, but to be fair Concert Films rarely do well at the box office...  but atleast The Rolling Stones' 'Let's Spend The Night Together' had a half-full theatre...  take your focus off of the commercial "success" of the album and talk about the music and it's nowhere near in the same league as their other works, with the exception of 'The Joshua Tree' live performances...  it's for die-hards only which you (and many here) obviously are...  yes, it's a "downpoint"...  the artistic peak of 'The Joshua Tree' that preceeded it perhaps emphasizes it further but it's still a "downpoint" for most casual U2 fans...:-)

1. Rattle And Hum is only two albums in the Vinyl configuration. On Cassette and Compact Disc, there is just one album.
2. RIAA did not allow multiple disc, records, or CDs from an album to be counted multiple times for sales until the mid-1990s.
3. Rattle And Hum achieved triple platinum status, RIAA certified, on January 17, 1989. That's 3 million sold in the United States ALONE. In 1989, albums like The WALL by Pink Floyd or Physical Graffitti By Led Zeppelin could only be counted once for the sell of the album, not twice or more for the extra record in the package. Same with vinyl copies of Rattle And Hum. One purchase equaled one album sold.

Sorry, but your wrong on this. U2 could ask to recertify Rattle And Hum today and try to see if those extra Vinyl records would equal to another million sold or more, but they have yet to do so. Pink Floyd did this for the Wall album in 1997. It went from 11 million in sales certified in May 1997 to 22 million in September 1997. RIAA changed the rules around 1994/1995.

Where I live in Pennsylvania, opening weekend for Rattle And Hum at the theaters were all soldout. Nearly everyone in my Highschool went to see it after school that weekend. The opening weekend did do well for the film. But since the film is something that only appeals to U2 fans, the audience for the film is a bit limited compared to most commercial films that appeal to the entire general public.

I focus on the commercial success of the album because it is indisputable OBJECTIVE FACT!

Your opinion of the music on the album is one thing. There is someone out there who may think Joshua Tree is the worst thing U2 ever did, but Rattle And Hum is the greatest. So What?

Look, I don't think Rattle And Hum is as good as the Joshua Tree. But clearly people in Australia felt differently. That is why it is U2's biggest selling album in Australia. But the way, the ARIA, Australia's version of the RIAA, does not have double counting or more rules for albums with multiple disc etc. So yes, strange as it seems, Rattle And Hum is U2's best selling album in Australia.

So yes, a tour with an emphasis on songs from Rattle And Hum, a retro Lovetown Tour in some form, would go down very well in Australia. Back in 1989, U2 could have chosen to bring the same Joshua Tree Tour to Australia that they had played in 1987 in North America and Europe. But they chose to do something different. In 2019 if U2 go to Australia, I don't think they will be doing the Joshua Tree 2017 tour setlist/setup. I think if they do tour it will be a mix of things more akin to what the Lovetown tour was in 1989.

Victoria BC is a cool town by the way. So is Vancouver Island. Not a lot of people live there though and I'm sorry you did not have a more festive experience at the screening of the film back in 1988. Where I live, everyone was standing and singing in a packed theater.

By the way, Rattle And Hum's opening weekend in the United States, November 4 to November 6, it was the #2 film in the United States that weekend!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 06:08:02 PM by wons »

Offline Blueyedboy

• Running to Stand Still
  • Embrace the challenge
« Reply #86 on: April 16, 2019, 07:08:41 PM »
U2 Subscription bought earlier this week and I am now watching this thread like a hawk!

Just waiting to see where in NZ they will be visiting.

Offline Boba Fett

• Stateless
« Reply #87 on: April 16, 2019, 07:13:46 PM »
On the significance or otherwise of R&H compared to other albums...

If U2 were going to put out an updated Best Of album, there's a strong case for at least four songs from R&H - Desire, All I Want Is You, Angel of Harlem and When Love Comes to Town. All songs that the average person in the street would be familiar with too. Compare that to the last few U2 albums. No comparison.

Offline Billy Rhythm

• Babyface
« Reply #88 on: April 16, 2019, 07:59:59 PM »
1. Rattle And Hum is only two albums in the Vinyl configuration. On Cassette and Compact Disc, there is just one album.
2. RIAA did not allow multiple disc, records, or CDs from an album to be counted multiple times for sales until the mid-1990s.
3. Rattle And Hum achieved triple platinum status, RIAA certified, on January 17, 1989. That's 3 million sold in the United States ALONE. In 1989, albums like The WALL by Pink Floyd or Physical Graffitti By Led Zeppelin could only be counted once for the sell of the album, not twice or more for the extra record in the package. Same with vinyl copies of Rattle And Hum. One purchase equaled one album sold.

the "vinyl configuration" still made for the bulk of sales as CD's weren't quite yet taking over...  technology was still evolving to the point where the players and the discs themselves weren't as costly, for CD's were more than double the cost of LP's when they first appeared in the mid-eighties while the players themselves weren't yet within reach of most household's budgets...  getting back to Australia (as in ARIA), if I may, there's a detail that you're conveniently overlooking in that they certify by Shipments, not Sales...  their barometer for units shipped is much less than your six digit American sales figures and yes, the 2 records count as 2 shipped...  stick to the topic of Australia here...  there's a reason why 'Rattle & Hum' appeared to outsell 'The Joshua Tree' Down Under, but you really have no hard data to back that up, do you?  that's because it didn't happen...

I have a hard time picturing a packed theatre "singing along" to 'Van Dieman's Land' & 'Heartland' back in the day, sorry...  let me guess...  they sang along to 'Where The Streets Have No Name' and 'With Or Without You'...  two songs that never appeared on the 'Rattle & Hum' album...  I won't insult your intelligence and point to which album they're from...  many copies of the album were shipped to Australia to coincide with the tour and we really have no idea exactly how many "units" were sold...

getting to the music...  there's very little innovation and originality that had laced their previous releases up until that point...  whenever I hear the intro to 'Angel of Harlem' come on the radio, I still hear Bob Dylan's 'Like A Rolling Stone' instead before I realize, "oh yeah this is U2"...  'Desire' got a "standing ovation" at your High School?!  well... it is a catchy groove and the teens cheering it on weren't old enough at the time to recognize it as Bo Diddley's signature regurgitated...  'Hawkmoon 269' & 'All I Want Is You' are yet more songs written around the same A to D chord formula that was done so much better previously on the song 'Bad'...

one of the best is 'Freedom For My People' which isn't even them but full marks to them for paying homage to an unsigned brilliant musician...  'I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For' is top notch and a great arrangement, while 'Silver & Gold' is riveting but they're not exactly 'Rattle & Hum' songs...  I've all ready hit on the hideous cover versions which aren't worth mentioning again...  these aren't just personal opinions, they're songs directly attributed to other artists other than U2 with very little originality to them...  you can't really say that about much of their material up until this point...  they became devoured by the Americana that they had all ready fully explored on 'The Joshua Tree' album and it painfully shows...  yes, time for a reboot...  Achtung Baby!...:-)

Offline Boba Fett

• Stateless
« Reply #89 on: April 16, 2019, 08:39:36 PM »

the "vinyl configuration" still made for the bulk of sales as CD's weren't quite yet taking over...  technology was still evolving to the point where the players and the discs themselves weren't as costly, for CD's were more than double the cost of LP's when they first appeared in the mid-eighties while the players themselves weren't yet within reach of most household's budgets...  getting back to Australia (as in ARIA), if I may, there's a detail that you're conveniently overlooking in that they certify by Shipments, not Sales...  their barometer for units shipped is much less than your six digit American sales figures and yes, the 2 records count as 2 shipped...  stick to the topic of Australia here...  there's a reason why 'Rattle & Hum' appeared to outsell 'The Joshua Tree' Down Under, but you really have no hard data to back that up, do you?  that's because it didn't happen...

I have a hard time picturing a packed theatre "singing along" to 'Van Dieman's Land' & 'Heartland' back in the day, sorry...  let me guess...  they sang along to 'Where The Streets Have No Name' and 'With Or Without You'...  two songs that never appeared on the 'Rattle & Hum' album...  I won't insult your intelligence and point to which album they're from...  many copies of the album were shipped to Australia to coincide with the tour and we really have no idea exactly how many "units" were sold...

getting to the music...  there's very little innovation and originality that had laced their previous releases up until that point...  whenever I hear the intro to 'Angel of Harlem' come on the radio, I still hear Bob Dylan's 'Like A Rolling Stone' instead before I realize, "oh yeah this is U2"...  'Desire' got a "standing ovation" at your High School?!  well... it is a catchy groove and the teens cheering it on weren't old enough at the time to recognize it as Bo Diddley's signature regurgitated...  'Hawkmoon 269' & 'All I Want Is You' are yet more songs written around the same A to D chord formula that was done so much better previously on the song 'Bad'...

one of the best is 'Freedom For My People' which isn't even them but full marks to them for paying homage to an unsigned brilliant musician...  'I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For' is top notch and a great arrangement, while 'Silver & Gold' is riveting but they're not exactly 'Rattle & Hum' songs...  I've all ready hit on the hideous cover versions which aren't worth mentioning again...  these aren't just personal opinions, they're songs directly attributed to other artists other than U2 with very little originality to them...  you can't really say that about much of their material up until this point...  they became devoured by the Americana that they had all ready fully explored on 'The Joshua Tree' album and it painfully shows...  yes, time for a reboot...  Achtung Baby!...:-)

"there's a reason why 'Rattle & Hum' appeared to outsell 'The Joshua Tree' Down Under, but you really have no hard data to back that up, do you?  that's because it didn't happen..."

Equally, you have no hard data to say it didn't.

"I have a hard time picturing a packed theatre "singing along" to 'Van Dieman's Land' & 'Heartland' back in the day, sorry..."

You seem to be forgetting Desire, All I Want is You, Angel of Harlem, When Love Comes to Town...I guess they don't fit your narrative.

"yet more songs written around the same A to D chord formula"

Criticising songs because they use A-D chord progression? Seriously? I guess you'll be criticising the Beatles next? You know they used that chord progression too... And this coming from someone who can't tell the difference between Like a Rolling Stone and Desire...