Author Topic: Something else to do in Dublin!  (Read 731 times)

Offline Dono

• Refugee
  • If I could, I would.....
Something else to do in Dublin!
« on: February 28, 2019, 08:51:36 AM »
A “vinyl walkway” of 21 of the most famous albums recorded at the Windmill Lane studio in Dublin, including 6 of U2’s, was unveiled at the site on Wednesday.

One installation is dedicated to the six U2 albums that include tracks recorded and mixed at the studios.

The album covers are embedded beneath perspex glass and set into the footpath. They will be lit so they can be viewed at night.

To celebrate the unveiling, the first of a series of Windmill Live concerts arranged by Hot Press magazine takes place at the venue on Wednesday night, with Hothouse Flowers headlining.

They will be joined on stage by Grammy- and Emmy-award winning Moya Brennan for a free gig attended by 270 guests.

U2’s first three albums – Boy, October, and War – were recorded in full at Windmill Lane and the band also did much of the work on The Unforgettable Fire, The Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby in the original studio building.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline wons

• Numb
Re: Something else to do in Dublin!
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2019, 04:43:22 PM »
Very cool that they did this! My friends and I got our picture taken there for the first time back in June of 1992 during the ZOO TV tour.

Offline paddyattitude

• Party Girl/Boy
Re: Something else to do in Dublin!
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2019, 07:28:07 AM »
Drinking