Author Topic: Songs of Experience Global Sales  (Read 720 times)

Offline ricebird5678

• Wanderer
Songs of Experience Global Sales
« on: April 27, 2019, 10:15:42 AM »
Just curious, does anyone have an update of total sales for SOE? Would like to see what the number is now and see if the South Asian tour provides a boost.

Offline ian ryan

• Global Moderator
  • Child of Grace
  • Don't worry, baby, it'll be alright
Re: Songs of Experience Global Sales
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2019, 01:22:30 PM »
Not sure about international, but I was very surprised to see that it was at 1.6 million in the US, tied with Kendrick's Damn, and it only came out in December.

Offline wons

• Numb
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2019, 06:45:03 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Not sure about international, but I was very surprised to see that it was at 1.6 million in the US, tied with Kendrick's Damn, and it only came out in December.

Uh, that 1.6 million figure is international. Sales in the United States peaked at 330,000 copies sold, both physical and digital included.

Offline Gazoon

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2019, 10:43:35 AM »
Wonder if that number takes into account streams also. Some charts convert a number of streams into one sale.

« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 01:25:56 PM by singnomore »

Offline wons

• Numb
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2019, 12:33:08 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Wonder if that number takes into account streams also. Some charts convert a number of streams into one sale.

I don't think it does, certainly not for the United States figures. In the United States, total sales peaked at 330,000 copies sold. That includes both digital and physical albums. U2's streaming equivalent album sales totals are much smaller that the physical+digital sales totals. For instance, 330,000 albums have been sold digitally and physically combined, but there are not enough streams to add up to 500,000 in sales in order to be certified GOLD in the United States.