Author Topic: Tour Announcement - Joshua Tree Tour 2019  (Read 2413 times)

Offline singnomore

• Administrator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • These city lights, they shine as silver and gold
Tour Announcement - Joshua Tree Tour 2019
« on: May 30, 2019, 02:25:15 PM »
Finally the speculation is over - ticket pre-sales in two groups - Red Hill (June 4) and Wires (June 5) with the general sale on Friday 7th June

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Luzita

• Intellectual Tortoise
Re: Tour Announcement - Joshua Tree Tour 2019
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2019, 02:45:20 PM »
It talks about how this is the first time U2 has visited the Philippines but there arenít any Philippine dates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ian ryan

• Global Moderator
  • Child of Grace
  • Don't worry, baby, it'll be alright
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2019, 02:49:20 PM »
It talks about how this is the first time U2 has visited the Philippines but there arenít any Philippine dates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, sorry, that slipped through editing. It has been corrected.

Offline wons

• Numb
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2019, 03:23:10 PM »
Interesting. So it is official now, they are bringing back the Joshua Tree tour. It will likely be a very similar setlist to 2017 playing the entire album in order. It was my guess that if they were to do something at the end of the year, it would be something different from Joshua Tree, like a retro-Love Town Tour etc. But they have selected the Joshua Tree, I guess since over time, this is still the most popular album worldwide, even though initially back in the day in Australia, Rattle And Hum sold more than Joshua Tree.

Now one wonders if the "nostalgia" trip will continue in 2021/2022 with something for the 30th anniversary of Achtung Baby/ZOO TV. I think the fact that their pulling the Joshua Tree out again for many shows makes it more likely that we might see an Achtung Baby/ ZOO TV retro tour. But still not a certainty given that the band has always been committed to new music and new tours and this would delay that. But it shows that the Joshua Tour of 2017 was not a sudden one off.

Offline jgrooms

• Stateless
  • Hello
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2019, 03:38:01 PM »
Who's to say the won't mix in more Rattle and Hum songs?

Offline Clarky

• Numb
  • I've got a head like a lit cigarette
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2019, 03:56:58 PM »
Yes, they're coming back! So exciting

Offline 73October

• Staring at the Sun
  • Joy is an act of defiance
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2019, 04:10:42 PM »
Ah, the nostalgia.....of Love Is Bigger Than Anything In It's Way!

Offline LToy

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2019, 04:20:51 PM »
Who's to say the won't mix in more Rattle and Hum songs?
Not counting the songs that BB King's band played with U2 during the Love Town Tour, you still have Desire, All Along The Watchtower, God Part II, All I Want Is You, Van Diemen's Land, & Hawkmoon 269. Out of that lot the only songs U2 have played on a relatively consistent basis since Love Town are Desire & All I Want Is You. Given the band's track record I would say this tour could see 1, maybe 2, token songs off of Rattle & Hum. BUT if the Joshua Tree 2017 setlists are any indication, it is more likely they won't play ANY songs from R&H. Also, they did play some token songs from R&H during the 360 Tour in Perth & Sydney back in 2010 so they could easily be of the mindset "been there, done that".
« Last Edit: May 30, 2019, 04:25:44 PM by LToy »

Offline Argo

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Don't let the bastards grind you down
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2019, 05:57:11 PM »
Very exciting stuff. At least the set list debate will only have to worry about what the other 10 or so songs will be...

What did they open the Lovetown tour with? Would be a good throwback to do something that connects to that too.

Offline Boba Fett

• Stateless
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2019, 06:01:56 PM »
And so the setlist speculation commences...:)

The pre-TJT songs seems fine. Then followed by TJT. But it's what happens in the third act that's up for debate. As it's clearly a nostalgia tour, it makes sense to pack in the big songs: BD, Elevation, Desire, One, MW, EBTTRT. Anything else? Assuming it will be a 6-8 song set to finish up with...

Offline Boba Fett

• Stateless
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2019, 06:30:09 PM »
Very exciting stuff. At least the set list debate will only have to worry about what the other 10 or so songs will be...

What did they open the Lovetown tour with? Would be a good throwback to do something that connects to that too.

Chopped and changed between Hawkmoon 269 and Streets.

Offline Argo

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Don't let the bastards grind you down
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2019, 06:32:27 PM »
Would be very happy with Hawkmoon to open the concert. But, suspect half the stadium will be going "what the heck is that song"

Offline Boba Fett

• Stateless
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2019, 07:57:57 PM »
They won't start with it - the pre-TJT set is all pre-TJT songs. Remember that Rattle & Hum is the best selling U2 album in Australia, so a few more people than you think might know it. But I'd put good money on them NOT playing it (much as I'd love to hear it again). In fact I don't think Bono's voice could do it justice anymore anyway...

Offline catalogue

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2019, 08:05:31 PM »
Hi all

Just planning ticket purchases for Melbourne. Is there anyone that can assist with what the different 'Categories' may be like seating wise at 'Marvel' stadium (eucchh). I'm most interested in the 'oh-so-affordable' Category Three (see below from ticketmaster website)? Tossing up between this and GA - frankly the vibe in the stadium last Australian tour in the seats was average - I think the stadium size and the number of punters turning up for the hits and for a quick eyeball was a real challenge.

Reserved Seating:
Category One: $366.80
Category Two: $264.34
Category Three: $192.98
Category Four General Admission Standing: $131.53
Category Five: $60.96

Also - just to add that they never toured here with JT first time (the first time) round so I'm thrilled about this.

Thank you very much!

Offline singnomore

• Administrator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • These city lights, they shine as silver and gold
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2019, 09:27:58 PM »
Hi all

Just planning ticket purchases for Melbourne. Is there anyone that can assist with what the different 'Categories' may be like seating wise at 'Marvel' stadium (eucchh). I'm most interested in the 'oh-so-affordable' Category Three (see below from ticketmaster website)? Tossing up between this and GA - frankly the vibe in the stadium last Australian tour in the seats was average - I think the stadium size and the number of punters turning up for the hits and for a quick eyeball was a real challenge.

Reserved Seating:
Category One: $366.80
Category Two: $264.34
Category Three: $192.98
Category Four General Admission Standing: $131.53
Category Five: $60.96

Also - just to add that they never toured here with JT first time (the first time) round so I'm thrilled about this.

Thank you very much!

Iím guessing Category 3 will be top tier seats adjacent to the screen. The more expensive being lower tier seating and the cheaper the end furthest away from the screen?