Author Topic: Tour Announcement - Joshua Tree Tour 2019  (Read 2576 times)

Offline d.darroch

• Party Girl/Boy
Re: Tour Announcement - Joshua Tree Tour 2019
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2019, 02:31:05 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I think it's intentional that they are playing Syd on 22nd Nov, the anniversary day of Mick H's death.

Cities in order are: Brisbane > Melb > Adel > Syd > Perth ... but you would think they would just travel along the coast in order of city/distance: Bris > Syd  > Melb > Adel > Perth.
If the 22nd date is intentional, I would expect they play Stuck in a Moment... BUT what would be GLORIOUS, is if 'some' or all members of INXS came on stage and they all played together... an INXS song(s)/medley... combo of U2 song..  Serious how good would that be? Why would you NOT want to do this? Such an exciting guest appearance combo. PLEASE GOD. Let it happen.

Yep, I think something will happen on the 22nd. I'm hoping they play Gone, but yeah they're more likely to play Stuck   ???

Were you there at the Sydney Popmart show? The tribute to Hutch was an amazing moment, one of the best things I've seen at a concert. Bono got all the stadium lights turned off during One, while thunder & lightning crashed above the crowd. Michael's family & his band were in attendance.

To your other point, when the tour rumours first appeared I thought it was a weird route. But doing more research it looks like they often don't take the most direct route.

For 360 it was MEL>BRIS>SYD>PERTH. Vertigo was BRIS>SYD>ADL>MEL. Popmart MEL>BRIS>SYD. ZooTV was MEL>ADL>BRIS>SYD.

Part of the reason may be because there are multiple stages. I believe there only one screen for this tour, but multiples of the main stage & structure. I think there were two CLAWS here, & one screen. While the US (& probably Europe) got three CLAWS. So one is being set up in one venue, while it's being torn down in another
« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 02:32:50 AM by d.darroch »

Offline d.darroch

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2019, 03:08:32 AM »
Hi all,

I am from India (currently living in Sydney, Australia). I have been listening to U2 since the last 20 years. I have practically worshipped the band. I grew up on it. These guys have been my everything in music.

Back in India, we hardly ever get to see bands like U2, ever. All my life I have had this dream of watching them perform, in close proximity.

In 2010, I was in America, only for 6 months. U2 had announced a tour back then. I was overjoyed and I had got the ticket for it. Unfortunately, the tour was cancelled. That I was the closest I ever came to realising my life's dream of watching them live.

So, this news today, no one can understand how much this means to me.

I just want to ask - I am confused about what ticket to buy. Money is not a consideration for such a dream. I just want to be on the first row. Also, how do I get the ticket during the pre-sales? I have never attended a concert like this. If someone can guide me, I will be grateful.

Thanks,

addie

Congratulations addie, you're going to have a GREAT time!

Yeah, I had tickets to that 2010 leg of the 360 tour in the US. Luckily I could make the postponed dates.

As most people have said, the VERY BEST spots are in General Admission standing (GA). These are the very best spots around most of the b-stage (Tree stage), & against the rail of the main stage (band will spend a higher proportion of their time here).

But to get these very best spots in GA you have to wait, & wait a very long time! Possibly from the night before the show for the very best spots! I'm not sure what happened in Australia for 360, but for the US & Europe there has been an "unofficial" line forming, & they've been using a check-in system. So you didn't have to stay in line all the time, though often did on the day of the show. Arriving early the day of the show should bet you a spot on the rail that is better, or at least comparable to any Red Zone spots. You'll get very good spots in GA by arriving at midday. Or later if you're happy to be two or three people off the rail.

But if waiting all day is not for you, then Red Zone will get the best spots available for a late arrival. To get the very best spots in Red Zone you'll probably still have to wait. Probably from sometime in the early afternoon. A check-in system has been used at some shows for Red Zone too. Again, it's unofficial, some people hate it, some don't.

There are disadvantages to Red Zone. Being against the rail in the corner between the main stage and the catwalk won't give you a decent view of the band on that stage, due to the height of the catwalk ramp. Note: for the image below, this is not where the band perform! The band performs much further to the right. You can see Bon's mic at the far right of the image, near the edge of the screen.
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

For 2017 there was a boom camera on the rail of Red Zone at the b-stage. This obstructed views of the main stage for areas of the Red Zone near the b-stage.
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

The Red Zone rail where the catwalk joins the b-stage will give you a good view of the main stage, but you'll be looking at the bands rears when they perform on the b-stage.

So it's a tough call. For the VERY BEST spots you want GA, be prepared to wait, for a long time! Or spend the money for Red Zone, & have a more relaxed day, & a much more relaxed time at the show, with the opportunity to move about.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 03:47:58 AM by d.darroch »

Offline adityeah

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2019, 09:19:33 PM »

Yeah, I had tickets to that 2010 leg of the 360 tour in the US. Luckily I could make the postponed dates.

As most people have said, the VERY BEST spots are in General Admission standing (GA). These are the very best spots around most of the b-stage (Tree stage), & against the rail of the main stage (band will spend a higher proportion of their time here).

But to get these very best spots in GA you have to wait, & wait a very long time! Possibly from the night before the show for the very best spots! I'm not sure what happened in Australia for 360, but for the US & Europe there has been an "unofficial" line forming, & they've been using a check-in system. So you didn't have to stay in line all the time, though often did on the day of the show. Arriving early the day of the show should bet you a spot on the rail that is better, or at least comparable to any Red Zone spots. You'll get very good spots in GA by arriving at midday. Or later if you're happy to be two or three people off the rail.

But if waiting all day is not for you, then Red Zone will get the best spots available for a late arrival. To get the very best spots in Red Zone you'll probably still have to wait. Probably from sometime in the early afternoon. A check-in system has been used at some shows for Red Zone too. Again, it's unofficial, some people hate it, some don't.

There are disadvantages to Red Zone. Being against the rail in the corner between the main stage and the catwalk won't give you a decent view of the band on that stage, due to the height of the catwalk ramp. Note: for the image below, this is not where the band perform! The band performs much further to the right. You can see Bon's mic at the far right of the image, near the edge of the screen. The Red Zone rail where the catwalk joins the b-stage will give you a good view of the main stage, but you'll be looking at the bands rears when they perform on the b-stage.

So it's a tough call. For the VERY BEST spots you want GA, be prepared to wait, for a long time! Or spend the money for Red Zone, & have a more relaxed day, & a much more relaxed time at the show, with the opportunity to move about

Thank you so much for such a descriptive reply - I think some of you do understand what this means to me.

I think I am going to go with the GA - the only "problem" I see is going in early (like, morning) and spending the whole day there waiting. But I do not see a problem. I have waited for as long as I could remember for this moment. I think it is only deserving to end a monumental wait like this.

My other doubt - and I hope you do answer soon - is if I am going for the GA, does it really matter if I get it via pre-sales? I can spend $50 and become a subscriber now but is it worth it? concert-wise?

Thank you again,
addie

Offline Boba Fett

• Stateless
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2019, 10:22:42 PM »

There are disadvantages to Red Zone. Being against the rail in the corner between the main stage and the catwalk won't give you a decent view of the band on that stage, due to the height of the catwalk ramp. Note: for the image below, this is not where the band perform! The band performs much further to the right. You can see Bon's mic at the far right of the image, near the edge of the screen. The Red Zone rail where the catwalk joins the b-stage will give you a good view of the main stage, but you'll be looking at the bands rears when they perform on the b-stage.

So it's a tough call. For the VERY BEST spots you want GA, be prepared to wait, for a long time! Or spend the money for Red Zone, & have a more relaxed day, & a much more relaxed time at the show, with the opportunity to move about

Thank you so much for such a descriptive reply - I think some of you do understand what this means to me.

I think I am going to go with the GA - the only "problem" I see is going in early (like, morning) and spending the whole day there waiting. But I do not see a problem. I have waited for as long as I could remember for this moment. I think it is only deserving to end a monumental wait like this.

My other doubt - and I hope you do answer soon - is if I am going for the GA, does it really matter if I get it via pre-sales? I can spend $50 and become a subscriber now but is it worth it? concert-wise?

Thank you again,
addie

There will be GA tickets available when the 'proper' ticket sales start. Becoming a U2 subscriber won't get you any better tickets.  The trick will be at the actual show - how to get a good position in a general admission area. I remember getting lucky in that regard at a show on the Zoo TV tour - but there was no science to it, pure luck! Ended up right next to the b-stage...

Offline ahusa

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2019, 05:00:52 AM »
What time does the presale end?  Local time for Australia? (Just 3hours from now?)

Offline d.darroch

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2019, 08:50:05 AM »

Thank you again,
addie

Sorry, I only just got back to the @u2 forum now. I would have told you to sign up for the Live Nation presale (which is free). It's currently going on, & will continue until the the 8th I think. There were GA's for Sydney available until only a few minutes ago, 8 hours into the sale! For both Brisbane & Adelaide you can still purchase 4 GA tickets! I'd sign up to Live Nation anyway, just in case more GA's are added to Sydney.

The general sale will definitely have GA's available. These are very large fields, & demand doesn't look very strong so far.

Offline d.darroch

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2019, 08:51:50 AM »
What time does the presale end?  Local time for Australia? (Just 3hours from now?)

u2.com presale has ended. Live Nation presale has begun.

Offline shineinthesummernight

• Child of Grace
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2019, 02:45:44 PM »
Curious---what are GA tickets selling for?

Offline habib2343

• Wanderer
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2019, 02:59:03 PM »
I wonder what the hold up is with confirming the Singapore date - presumably there are other events scheduled that need to be bumped.

Kallang stadium is the largest in Singapore-so i guess thats where the gig will be. just hope they confirm the date soon so i can book time off work. rumour has it its due to happen in between Australia and Japan- so last few days of November....

Will the band give their support slot to upcoming bands in Singapore,japan and south korea ?

JT 2017 was fantastic....so glad this tour was announced....hurry up November.....

Offline d.darroch

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2019, 07:13:33 PM »
Curious---what are GA tickets selling for?

Australia, 90 USD. Good!

Japan, 180 USD. BAD!!  :o

Offline d.darroch

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2019, 10:44:42 PM »

Thank you again,
addie

FYI addie, GA'S ARE CURRENTLY AVAILABLE AGAIN FOR SYDNEY (SCG) IN THE LIVE NATION PRESALE.

I actually enjoy some aspects of the wait in line, meeting lots of other passionate U2 fans from all over the world. If it's hot, baking in the sun is no fun. But November shouldn't be too bad. Looks like we may be lined up on the western side of the SCG, which wouldn't be great with the afternoon sun. If we're lucky we'll be lined up to the south of the stadium.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 10:53:47 PM by d.darroch »

Offline ian ryan

• Global Moderator
  • Child of Grace
  • Don't worry, baby, it'll be alright
« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2019, 12:35:33 PM »
Hi all,

I am from India (currently living in Sydney, Australia). I have been listening to U2 since the last 20 years. I have practically worshipped the band. I grew up on it. These guys have been my everything in music.

Back in India, we hardly ever get to see bands like U2, ever. All my life I have had this dream of watching them perform, in close proximity.

In 2010, I was in America, only for 6 months. U2 had announced a tour back then. I was overjoyed and I had got the ticket for it. Unfortunately, the tour was cancelled. That I was the closest I ever came to realising my life's dream of watching them live.

So, this news today, no one can understand how much this means to me.

I just want to ask - I am confused about what ticket to buy. Money is not a consideration for such a dream. I just want to be on the first row. Also, how do I get the ticket during the pre-sales? I have never attended a concert like this. If someone can guide me, I will be grateful.

Thanks,

addie

My first U2 show was one of the most exhilarating experiences of my life (and all U2 shows are, but I will never forget watching the four of them walk on stage). Enjoy yourself, have an amazing time!

Offline Boba Fett

• Stateless
« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2019, 12:47:35 AM »
Auckland and Sydney sold out almost instantly, so the second shows have been announced for each of those cities - tix on sale next week.

Offline msbc

• Babyface
« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2019, 01:15:05 AM »
Auckland and Sydney sold out almost instantly, so the second shows have been announced for each of those cities - tix on sale next week.
Yes, eagerly awaiting a second Melbourne show. At the moment no pre-sales announced for the 2nd shows - worrying!

Offline u2dude

• Babyface
« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2019, 03:17:50 AM »
What are the chances of a second Brisbane show?