Author Topic: Walk Away, Walk Away  (Read 303 times)

Offline singnomore

• Administrator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • These city lights, they shine as silver and gold
Walk Away, Walk Away
« on: June 11, 2019, 06:45:59 AM »
Just in case anyone comes straight to the forum some news on M2 departing. I for one will miss Matt - much as working on the forum can have its ups and downs he gave me the opportunity to engage with a broad base of U2 fans which i am thankful for. I've met some great people through this forum and indeed we've even managed the odd marriage between members on here! So - all the best M2!

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 06:52:10 AM by singnomore »

Offline mariomofo

• Babyface
Re: Walk Away, Walk Away
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2019, 09:43:27 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
So - all the best M2!

I second this! I'm not super active on the site, but do check it regularly and have always appreciated the work of Matt and all the @U2 staffers. I spotted the @U2 crew on the floor of the E+I shows in L.A. and was able to say thanks. All the best to Matt in his future endeavors. 

Offline Vox

• Running to Stand Still
  • Time is irrelevant, it's not linear.
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2019, 08:04:40 AM »
Thanks for starting up this website and keeping it up and running all this time, M2!  It's been a big part of my U2 fandom, in many ways.  I wish you the best.

Offline K2

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • light my way
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2019, 08:59:26 PM »
Matt - M2 - thank you for all you've done over the years. Heck, I don't even know if you're still around to read this! I got on board in 2001 when I first became a fan and @U2.com has been my go-to site for useful information ever since. Matt, you even answered emails personally when I was desperately trying to figure out how to get tickets as a complete newbie. Plus, crazy stuff, I ran into you out in the "real" (still online) world in relation to your expertise in SEO. Wow... so long ago... lots has happened since then. I wish you all the very best in your future endeavors!

Offline mstevensmcs

• Refugee
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2019, 07:49:26 PM »
Thank you for all you've done, Matt. By harnessing the power of the net early on, you managed to change the game for fans-giving them a voice they hadn't had, and a source of information uncommon in the mid-nineties. Many of us still use our well-worn copies of "Diary". It's been a pleasure working with you and the staff on articles and podcasts. Now go and get some well-deserved rest.

Mark Stevens

Offline MissSarajevo

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2019, 08:12:30 AM »
Thank you for everything. Best of luck in the future