Author Topic: Tix in Japan  (Read 335 times)

Offline Anap27

• Stranger in a Strange Land
Tix in Japan
« on: June 12, 2019, 11:29:59 AM »
I got my tix for Japan in the presale. Can’t wait to go. Traveling from Arizona.
Question:  the tix seat selection are randomly chosen by the PIA ticket site?
I have a confirmation but was never given a chance to pick a seat.

I have never been to Japan so I have no experience in concert venues there.
Is this the norm there?

See you in Japan!!!

Offline d.darroch

• Party Girl/Boy
Re: Tix in Japan
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2019, 09:27:47 PM »
I haven't been to Japan either, but will be going to see these shows.

Yeah, their ticketing system is pretty unusual. Seats look like a total crapshoot, with no chance to select seats. I guess you won't find this out until you arrive in Japan, & collect your tickets from 7-eleven. Hopefully the people who purchase the tickets first (Red Hill presale group) get the best seats, but who knows.

I bought GA tickets, & that's the way it works in GA. The order you enter the arena is based on the order that tickets were purchased. So Red Hill group will have the first access onto the arena floor. The only thing confusing the issue was that there were two Red Hill presale groups (& two Wires groups), as there was a presale for locals, & a separate presale for foreigners. So who knows how that's going to work. Got my fingers crossed.

Thank your lucky stars you weren't in the general sale. It was literally a lottery, just to purchase tickets. The lottery results won't be announced until July, so nobody knows if they've been successful in purchasing tickets for another month!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 05:58:48 PM by d.darroch »

Offline jgrooms

• Stateless
  • Hello
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2019, 11:48:21 AM »
see you there, redzoning both nights!

Offline aarond

• Party Girl/Boy
  • What no man can own, no man can take.
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2019, 09:27:25 PM »
Does anybody know if I can still use the code? I have a Red Hill code and I can get to where to enter it but don't want to buy until I am certain I can be there. It says 20 July on the official U2 page so I'm thinking it is still an option, but curious if anybody has tried.

Offline singnomore

• Administrator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • These city lights, they shine as silver and gold
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2019, 10:09:53 PM »
If general sales hasn't started then yes. If public sale underway don’t waste your code.

Offline d.darroch

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2019, 10:10:55 PM »
I wouldn't expect it would work, as the presale was supposed to end on June 6th, at 5:00pm.

I guess you could give it a try, if you've got a code to burn anyway. Can't see it working though. Are you going to one Japan show, & looking to purchase tickets for the other?

It says general onsale on the 20th July. I can't remember if that's when the general sale begins, or when the results of the lottery are announced. Does anybody know? I'm assuming that's when the general sale begins.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 10:14:03 PM by d.darroch »