Author Topic: setlists for Nov tour  (Read 1360 times)

Offline 73October

• Staring at the Sun
  • Joy is an act of defiance
Re: setlists for Nov tour
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2019, 02:48:30 PM »
I think they will come up with something. But politics in it's normal mode is 'done' now. So they will need to look at something not fixated on American and European ideas.
Maybe something spiritual? Maybe temporal, such as an autobiographical account of raising up their contenders to the throne (if you believe the hype surrounding Hewson Junior).

Offline Billy Rhythm

• Babyface
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2019, 03:39:00 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Gonna be the same soup more or less as TJT 2017 with maybe a few songs subbed in as the tour goes along. Not sure if SBS will open but I do expect them to lead into TJT with pre TJT material and after TJT, a mix of post TJT. One U2 fan friend thinks ASOH will open the show. That'd be amazing but doubt it. I'll see them in GA in Sydney both shows. And, I think Seoul will turn out to be the final U2 show ever.
I don't see them altering what really worked for them last time around...  'Sunday Bloody Sunday' was a fantastic way to start off the night...  should they change the opener up then look for a similar scenario where they each appear one after another as the song starts...  look for minor tweaks, such as flipping 'The Unforgettable Fire' for 'Bad' etc...  highly doubt that they'd play anything from the 'Innocence' album, especially considering that they'd dropped virtually all 'Innocence' tunes from the set by the end of the last tour...  A couple of 'Experience' tunes found their way into the set during the first 30th Anniversary stint, but not on a nightly basis...  even then, it was before the album even came out while they appeared to only be altering the set to make it more interesting for themselves...

I see this tour as an attempt to get back to what worked before, just as the 30th Anniversary tour successfully re-established them as one of the World's Greatest Draws...  the two arena tours that bookended The Joshua Tree were experiments that garnered mixed reviews with empty seats and nowhere near the success of The Joshua Tree, artistically or otherwise...  The Southern Hemisphere missed out on one their cream of the crop live productions in 2017 and this should be about continuing that experience for them instead of interweaving material that couldn't even fill arenas last time around...  there's no need to promote material that those who were interested in it would've bought by now...:-)

Offline JaraSangASongAWeapon

• Party Girl/Boy
  • And the moon turned red over One Tree Hill
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2019, 12:40:41 AM »
I am sure that they might have their final concerts soon, but I don’t think they will have their final concert in Seoul.
I don’t think they will end the career outside of Dublin, or at least outside of Europe.

I'm saying it isn't necessarily their intent to have a final concert in Seoul, but I think it will turn out to be. After those shows a long break and who knows what happens in the interim.

Offline Droo

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • don't expect, suggest
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2019, 08:42:08 AM »
They'll perform TJT followed by an intermission and then NLOTH from start to finish. :p

Offline garyu2

• Stateless
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2019, 02:06:45 AM »
They'll perform TJT followed by an intermission and then NLOTH from start to finish. :p

And watch the stadium empty after Mothers of the Disappeared. 😂

Offline summerholly

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2019, 04:59:45 AM »
I think they will come up with something. But politics in it's normal mode is 'done' now. So they will need to look at something not fixated on American and European ideas.
Maybe something spiritual? Maybe temporal, such as an autobiographical account of raising up their contenders to the throne (if you believe the hype surrounding Hewson Junior).

I must live in a vacuum, I have never heard anything about Hewson junior nor do I really care to at a U2 concert as he and his band will have their own journey.  I just want them to come out and play lots of good music!
« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 05:04:40 AM by summerholly »

Offline singnomore

• Administrator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • These city lights, they shine as silver and gold
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2019, 01:45:31 PM »

I must live in a vacuum, I have never heard anything about Hewson junior nor do I really care to at a U2 concert as he and his band will have their own journey.  I just want them to come out and play lots of good music!

I couldn't imagine Bono would want Inhaler open for them - I think he would see that as a hindrance to what they may be trying to pursue. So my guess is your safe!

Offline habib2343

• Wanderer
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2019, 02:37:53 PM »
They must be thinking or starting to think about rehearsals...will they rehearse in Dublin or when they are out there ?

3 and a half months to go till opening night.....mghahahah.....

Offline Billy Rhythm

• Babyface
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2019, 08:21:52 PM »
one tweak to watch out for would be the 'Miss Sarajevo' slot which, I believe eventually dropped its initial nightly showing by tour's end...  its, dare I say, "relevance" (for lack of a better word...  honest!) saw some dubbing it as 'Miss Syria' during the 2017 Tour...  I'm thinking that the unfortunate tragedies from recent years that still haunt this corner of the globe may see a spotlight shone in their direction there...  not sure which tune "exemplifies" this notion but, for those who bang the 'Rattle & Hum' drum 'round here...  how about "f*** the revolution!" from the film itself?...  they absolutely must open with 'Sunday Bloody Sunday' and keep it real...  drop 'I Will Follow' (which wasn't played every night) and give 'em 'An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart' instead...  should be a Good Time...:-)

Offline Lmteal

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2019, 08:33:26 PM »
My preferred set list has soi and soe elements. I don’t expect U2 to do this, but here’s my picks

1 the miracle
2 cedar wood road
3 out of control / I will follow / electric co (alternating)
4 new years day / sort of homecoming (alt)
5 pride
6 bullet
7 running
8 red hill
9 gods country
10 trip
11 one tree
12 exit
13 mothers
14 streets
15 still haven’t
16 with or without
17 (a nod to the “cutting down the jt”) get out of your own way
18 zoo stn / the fly (alt)

Encore
19 magnificent
20 beautiful day
21 vertigo
22 one / ordinary live (alt)
23 love is bigger

I would go home quite happy with this set list.  On this tour, it is the jt cuts that are going to be the deep cuts.  Beyond that, start and finish strong. 

Offline Eggos

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2019, 04:32:56 PM »
I’d say the setlist is mostly the same. First time for some countries, lots of the hits need to be played. They ignored innocence last year in Europe. They’ll play 2 experience songs after TJT.

1) Sunday Bloody Sunday
2) New Years Day
3) Bad
4) Pride
5-15) TJT
16) beautiful day
17) elevation
18) vertigo
19) get out of your own way
20) Love is Bigger Than Anything in Its way
21) One

Maybe throw in an occasional I will Follow/out of Control. Maybe mysterious ways too.

Offline habib2343

• Wanderer
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2019, 01:54:04 PM »
they must drop in one song from their next body of work...for a band who prides themselves on staying relevant and fresh material, i will be suprrised if this leg of the tour doesn't feature at least one brand new song...

u2songss.com report they're looking to announce another asian date on the 14th december....my bet is hong kong...

Offline McSwilly

• Refugee
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2019, 04:34:18 PM »
If I am down under or in Asia and have waited years for the best live band ever, I would be deeply disappointed if they added in ANY Experience / Innocent songs. Having seen all three recent North America Tours, it was those new songs that sent people (other than die hard in this forum) running to the bathroom. I am all about the classics! Bring on the BOY 40 year tour!

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2019, 05:31:05 PM »
If I am down under or in Asia and have waited years for the best live band ever, I would be deeply disappointed if they added in ANY Experience / Innocent songs. Having seen all three recent North America Tours, it was those new songs that sent people (other than die hard in this forum) running to the bathroom. I am all about the classics! Bring on the BOY 40 year tour!

I'm sure they will ad some McSwilly considerations.

Offline summerholly

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2019, 07:08:27 PM »

I am with you on this one and I am going to an Aussie show and first ever for me!  I didn't even know Innocence and Experience existed until I found Innocence lurking to be downloaded in iTunes a long time after it had been waiting there.