Author Topic: setlists for Nov tour  (Read 2038 times)

Offline Luzita

• Intellectual Tortoise
Re: setlists for Nov tour
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2019, 08:31:55 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I have no real interest in the innocence and experience albums so can take or leave that although perhaps they sound good live so wont complain if they play a couple.  I hope they play New Years day, Wild horses, the Fly maybe even Shes a Mystery to me!  Really I will enjoy whatever they play as I have never seen them live so fully intend to enjoy the whole experience!
How wonderful you’re finally going to see them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline summerholly

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2019, 08:31:42 PM »
I have no real interest in the innocence and experience albums so can take or leave that although perhaps they sound good live so wont complain if they play a couple.  I hope they play New Years day, Wild horses, the Fly maybe even Shes a Mystery to me!  Really I will enjoy whatever they play as I have never seen them live so fully intend to enjoy the whole experience!
How wonderful you’re finally going to see them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes after all these years I got my act together!  My sister has seen most of their Aussie tours but will still keen to see them again so she managed to get some awesome tickets.  So now I just have to get myself there regardless of what work commitments present themselves at the time!

Offline habib2343

• Wanderer
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2019, 01:46:36 PM »
They must have started or looking to start rehearsals soon ....i hope we get some further deep cuts that haven't shown up over the last 3 tours....maybe walk to the water...

I actually think - the book of your heart would be good as walk on music for the band as opposed to using other bands material....

Offline jgrooms

• Stateless
  • Hello
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2019, 11:53:38 AM »
Picking songs is only a small fraction of what decides the set list.  Each song has to have the production designed behind it which takes people, time and money.  Considering the JT 2019 tour is mainly a money grab I find it highly unlikely you will see significant changes from the 2017 set list since all the production work will be re-used.

Offline Billy Rhythm

• Babyface
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2019, 08:11:02 AM »
the JT 2019 tour is mainly a money grab
I don't see it as "a money grab"...  the gross won't be astronomical and the cost of staging it staggering...  they'll tack the totals onto the 2017 tour to make it look a lot better than it really is...  it's a lot of countries to pack into, what?  six week gig...  I see it more as a "fan service" to an often overlooked demographic for long overdue personal touch...

reusing the excellent films, stage setup and song selection not only makes sense financially but is the right call artistically, in my opinion...:-)

Offline d.darroch

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2019, 06:50:28 PM »
reusing the excellent films, stage setup and song selection not only makes sense financially but is the right call artistically, in my opinion...:-)

Until Mothers of the Disappeared at least. After that I think things lost their way a bit, & could be improved upon.

Offline amkel

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2019, 01:21:28 PM »
30 days until Auckland. Although I expect the set list to be much the same as 2017 I hope we get a decent mix of the IE and EI songs. 

Actually just realised the first Auckland concert is 30 years to the day since my first U2 concert. Might just have to dust off my old Lovetown T-shirt for the occasion
« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 01:32:51 PM by amkel »