Author Topic: Live Nation selling tickets directly to secondhand market  (Read 396 times)

Offline Swedescott

• Babyface
Live Nation selling tickets directly to secondhand market
« on: July 22, 2019, 09:25:00 AM »
Billboard published a new article last week that confirms Live Nation has taken large ticket allotments, bypassed fans, and placed on the secondhand market with significant price increases:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

There is much to unpack in the article, but a few things leap out to me:

--what is LiveNation, Ticketmaster, and other outlets doing right now that people DON'T know about?
--it's interesting to read the perspectives, such as Barry Kahn, a promoter, that say there is nothing fundamentally wrong about this but it should just be more transparent
--Metallica built a brand of "fans first" (right or wrong, truthful or not, but undeniable that's the perception they've achieved) and we are left to decide what to believe about their knowledge

We all suspect this, and many of us have been frustrated by GA tickets randomly showing up after presales, rollercoaster ticket prices, strange oddities and "technical glitches", and the fact is we are always right to be dubious and skeptical!

Offline daveyg

• Refugee
Re: Live Nation selling tickets directly to secondhand market
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2019, 01:46:32 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Billboard published a new article last week that confirms Live Nation has taken large ticket allotments, bypassed fans, and placed on the secondhand market with significant price increases:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

We all suspect this, and many of us have been frustrated by GA tickets randomly showing up after presales,

I'm gonna mull over this, but something has to be done for fans, and kinda expected this murky business goes on.

Incidentally, "GA tickets randomly showing up after presales".... do you think ALL tickets for a particular venue go on sale at presales and before general release? Only a proportion go on sale at presales and the remainder at general release, so, it's not so random that GA tickets are available afterwards. (of course send hand rip off sites are unacceptable) Maybe im missing something

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
Re: Live Nation selling tickets directly to secondhand market
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2019, 05:11:35 PM »
I always found it interesting that reselling or “scalping” tickets was seen as so deplorable....up until Ticketmaster set up Stubhub so that they could get their piece of the resellers’ price, at which point, hey go ahead and sell those tickets for $1000 a pop!

I’m not at all surprised tickets would end up getting shuffled directly to the resale site. I’m amazed it’s taken this long for it to happen...or, for them to be caught.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk