Author Topic: Did anyone else see this cringefest on their Instagram?  (Read 4283 times)

Offline singnomore

• Administrator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • These city lights, they shine as silver and gold
Re: Did anyone else see this cringefest on their Instagram?
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2019, 11:09:42 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Maybe I just find the idea of cringe an odd one anyway.  If U2 makes an effort at tongue-in-cheek and its not particularly funny, I donít see how that would make me cringe.  Cringe means to be embarrassed because of something someone else did either for yourself or or for the person that did it.  I guess my emotions just arenít that intertwined with the band that it really bothers me and makes me ďcringeĒ.  I think you guys are taking it too seriously.  It was a light-hearted attempt to bring attention to something.  If it wasnít very funny, who cares?  It wasnít in poor taste. Besides thereís nothing in it even identifiable to U2.  They just posted a video somebody else made on their instagram account. Itís not like they put Bonoís face on the table-turner.

And you donít find the expression on Trumpís face funny?

I guess for some of it just didn't work - your view is just as valid as mine

Offline Tortuga

• Party Girl/Boy
Re: Did anyone else see this cringefest on their Instagram?
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2019, 02:18:02 PM »
Maybe I just find the idea of cringe an odd one anyway.  If U2 makes an effort at tongue-in-cheek and its not particularly funny, I donít see how that would make me cringe.  Cringe means to be embarrassed because of something someone else did either for yourself or or for the person that did it.  I guess my emotions just arenít that intertwined with the band that it really bothers me and makes me ďcringeĒ.  I think you guys are taking it too seriously.  It was a light-hearted attempt to bring attention to something.  If it wasnít very funny, who cares?  It wasnít in poor taste. Besides thereís nothing in it even identifiable to U2.  They just posted a video somebody else made on their instagram account. Itís not like they put Bonoís face on the table-turner.

And you donít find the expression on Trumpís face funny?

I guess for some of it just didn't work - your view is just as valid as mine
I agree it probably wasnít very effective.  I was just trying to understand the embarrassing aspect of it.  Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk